FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Fitna- Anti-Islam movie

I recently saw the movie Fitna, made by a Dutch politician.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3369102968312745410&q=fitna+site%3Avideo.google.com&total=67&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

It made me think about the Philippines, which has had Islam before it had Christianity, I think.

What do people think about current Muslim/Christian relations in the Philippines? Is it contentious like it is in many other parts of the world?

Comments

• PinoySaKSAPinoySaKSA Sa Presinto K_A Magreklamo! PExer
    the movie is made in netherland...

warning... the movie is presented in quite disturbing way for non-muslims... it compiles disturbing acts made by muslim people they believed were called for (according to their belief) by "allah"... (they believe that their God is not our God)... it includes calls of different imams (their priests - on video footages) to all muslim people to dominate the whole world, killing non-believers... they used terms like crushing the head, taking off the head, killing, etc...

what the movie tells depends on individual who watched it... it may be insulting, it may be scary, it may be subjective or it may just be a documentary...
  • Zzzzz...Zzzzz... *sigh* PExer
    Damn! I hate fanatics.
  • El_KapitanEl_Kapitan French Erotic Captain PExer
    passes me off the same way those western atheists would get on attacking the Pope... it's just that Muslims are more, uhm... touchy about religion for some reason...
  • sasabihin nila na mali raw ang mga views nung movie, pero at the same time sasabihin nila maghihiganti sila!!!

so mali nga ba o hindi!?!
  • El_Kapitan wrote: »
    passes me off the same way those western atheists would get on attacking the Pope... it's just that Muslims are more, uhm... touchy about religion for some reason...

Ha?? Ako ateista ako at kahit pa anong batikos ang gawin ko sa "santo" papa at sa mga kristyano, wala naman akong alam na mga katoliko na pumatay at namugot ng ulo (o kaya nagpasabog ng sarili upang pumatay ng mga sibilyan) kasi "inutos sa kanya ng diyos".
  • arciearcie Member PExer
    The notion of the movie is simple: Truth hurts.
  • El_KapitanEl_Kapitan French Erotic Captain PExer
    albert_sy2 wrote: »
    Ha?? Ako ateista ako at kahit pa anong batikos ang gawin ko sa "santo" papa at sa mga kristyano, wala naman akong alam na mga katoliko na pumatay at namugot ng ulo (o kaya nagpasabog ng sarili upang pumatay ng mga sibilyan) kasi "inutos sa kanya ng diyos".

kasi hindi na sila kasing-sensitive ng mga Muslim, pero noong 1500s...
    "NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!" :lol:
  • losavlosav Member PExer
    I am very much afraid if these are all true, but shots of this movie weren't done by actors, they're real footages compiled around the world... and the Quranic verses were accurated.....
    Fitna: the Movie

let's pray!
  • losavlosav Member PExer
    ^^ Inquisition? wow, ang layo ng paghahambing mo dre! Wala ka na bang ibang masabi?
  • crocopiecrocopie Luis Suarez No. 7 ✭✭✭
    El_Kapitan wrote: »
    kasi hindi na sila kasing-sensitive ng mga Muslim, pero noong 1500s...
    "NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!" :lol:

Monty Python lol.
  • theBlurtheBlur Member PExer
    I'll watch this movie first before I can make my assessment on it.

Needless to say, have you all seen the news about this secret group that kills christians in iraq? They sendout letters with warnings to convert or their whole family will be murdered one by one. One family had to go to church in different church times so they won't get slaughtered by this secret group as a whole.
    There's more on this story, but, I just didn't get to watch the whole thing.
  • these days are the days christians are dominant militarily, economically, culturally, politically. and islam is not.

but if you learned world history or fun reading human history, these days are like the days where Islamic Empires (refering to the sultanates, caliphates, and times they moors turks egyptians were united under 1 banner) and muslims are dominant where also christians were fanatic and crazy compare to the muslims. It's just History repeats itself and often times in a funny way. Today, you can see uk, eu, and usa of are center of economy, military powers, cultures and politics as well as research and scholar academy... going back it's equivalent to moderate muslims turk sultanate, egyptian-protectorate and northafricans under 1 kalifa where they were advance in research in science, astronomy, engineerings and mathematics and also a vast empire controlled by single throne and central councils and government; where at the same times feudalisms, inquisition, un-united princes, kings vs kings, crusades against muslims and pagans, princes/kings can influence the pope, were all happening in the dark age of christianity.

sa totoo lang walang malinis sa dalawa. if i have the power and can change the past, i would stop judaism, christianity and islam to exist.
  • theBlurtheBlur Member PExer
    I agree, extremism on any kind of religion is very dangerous...
  • Zzzzz...Zzzzz... *sigh* PExer
    these days are the days christians are dominant militarily, economically, culturally, politically. and islam is not.

but if you learned world history or fun reading human history, these days are like the days where Islamic Empires (refering to the sultanates, caliphates, and times they moors turks egyptians were united under 1 banner) and muslims are dominant where also christians were fanatic and crazy compare to the muslims. It's just History repeats itself and often times in a funny way. Today, you can see uk, eu, and usa of are center of economy, military powers, cultures and politics as well as research and scholar academy... going back it's equivalent to moderate muslims turk sultanate, egyptian-protectorate and northafricans under 1 kalifa where they were advance in research in science, astronomy, engineerings and mathematics and also a vast empire controlled by single throne and central councils and government; where at the same times feudalisms, inquisition, un-united princes, kings vs kings, crusades against muslims and pagans, princes/kings can influence the pope, were all happening in the dark age of christianity.

sa totoo lang walang malinis sa dalawa. if i have the power and can change the past, i would stop judaism, christianity and islam to exist.
    I remember that the crusades begin because Holyland is occupied by Muslims and Byzantine Empire is getting weaker. Does anybody know that cause of the Muslim extremism?
  • I remember that the crusades begin because Holyland is occupied by Muslims and Byzantine Empire is getting weaker. Does anybody know that cause of the Muslim extremism?
    and then ur point is?

u remember correctly. and because of holysh!t people died defending or invading it and pawns were dying at both side while dark age politicians were busy getting power, fame, rich, divine right and favours from iconic leaders or religious leader, destroying power of the opponents, their economy, their cultures, their lives... and who gave them the rights to do all those things = from divine... are u now familiar with that? it's happening right now, thats the answer of your last question. it is not very simple, but if you look the highlights-only. it is just like this, between these two dominant religions, one can not survive without political and cultural dominance. My fren ZZzZZZ for the religious extremists from past and the present from both side... HoLY-WaR iS still ongoing and far from oVeR!

History, we study it ultimately for one reason so we won't kill each other over and over again. but these two religions don't teach that well, religion become poison to humanity and it's hard for human to handle. that's my opinion anyway.
  • [Sniper][Sniper] Banned by Admin PExer
    El_Kapitan wrote: »

The same goes for the Catholics...
  • pianpian Member PExer
    and then ur point is?

u remember correctly. and because of holysh!t people died defending or invading it and pawns were dying at both side while dark age politicians were busy getting power, fame, rich, divine right and favours from iconic leaders or religious leader, destroying power of the opponents, their economy, their cultures, their lives... and who gave them the rights to do all those things = from divine... are u now familiar with that? it's happening right now, thats the answer of your last question. it is not very simple, but if you look the highlights-only. it is just like this, between these two dominant religions, one can not survive without political and cultural dominance. My fren ZZzZZZ for the religious extremists from past and the present from both side... HoLY-WaR iS still ongoing and far from oVeR!

History, we study it ultimately for one reason so we won't kill each other over and over again. but these two religions don't teach that well, religion become poison to humanity and it's hard for human to handle. that's my opinion anyway.

The Catholic faith is not poison to humanity. The problem then was that friars used the faith to further their greed, and this put the faith in a bad light. But we need the faith so humanity can live at peace. We don't need extremism, but only have to remember the 10 commandments. One of the commandments is Thou shall not kill. And also Thou shall not steal.
  • i_pido23i_pido23 stop piracy ✭✭
    16 mins lang?:D
  • The Catholic faith is not poison to humanity. The problem then was that friars used the faith to further their greed, and this put the faith in a bad light. But we need the faith so humanity can live at peace. We don't need extremism, but only have to remember the 10 commandments. One of the commandments is Thou shall not kill. And also Thou shall not steal.
    and if there's no catholic faith, then there was no friars, right?
    yeah we need faith, but not necessarily christianity, islam or judaism. i say catholic/orthodox/protestant christian faith or Shuni'ah/Shiaa/Wahabism Islam and judiasm are poison to humanity...

u r just saying that because ur catholic. for one time, just once, let us discuss this as a Student and Scholar without our religious links.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file