Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Cin?ma Fran?aise

This is a thread for French film enthusiasts- from the auteurs to the great cin?astes to the film movements to their admirable film festivals to our inevitable lurking at Allocine.fr to their wonderful comediens/comediennes and to the simple exchange of a passion for French films. :)

scan0017.jpg
www.giancinephile.noosblog.fr

Comments

• Correct!!Correct!! PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^ I'll make it a habit to watch at least one French film per week, starting with Paris, Je T'aime this week (especially now that it's summer)

Let's get this thread going! Hehehe. :D
  • Sure! I'd be more than happy to do so!

Just check my blog! I usually update it with stuff on film particularly French films! haha

And the best site for cinephiles: Allocine.fr!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hooked to it! haha

scan0017.jpg
  • Correct!! wrote: »
    ^ I'll make it a habit to watch at least one French film per week, starting with Paris, Je T'aime this week (especially now that it's summer)

Let's get this thread going! Hehehe. :D

Have u tried watching classic French films?

Like Jean Cocteau? George Melies? Jean-Pierre Melville? Jean-Luc Godard? Fran?ois Truffaut?? :)

scan0017.jpg
  • Correct!!Correct!! PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^ Not yet but I'll try. Thanks for the suggestions.

And sure, I'll pay your blog a visit. :D
  • Just tell me if u need recommendations for titles if u want to start with the classics! I'd be more than willing to help! haha

scan0017.jpg
  • JENSIE_GJENSIE_G PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yay! More and more French horror/suspense films to come!!! :bounce:

I really love Cach?!!!
  • Jensie!!!!

speaking of Cach?\, you should try looking for La Pianiste (The Piano Teacher) by Michael Haneke. It's his film before Cach?. It won so many awards at Cannes like Best Actor and Best Actress and the partnership between Benoit Magimel and Isabelle Huppert swept me off my feet! :D

scan0017.jpg
    ^ Thanks!!!! Will do!!!

Love Haneke's films!!! He has a new one, 'Funny Games' ... not French but of the same 'kind'.

:)
  • noname101noname101 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Jensie!!!!

speaking of Cach?\, you should try looking for La Pianiste (The Piano Teacher) by Michael Haneke.

yeah, a friend mentioned this...is it really good?

Edit: is this it?

2z516ph.jpg
    ^INteresting ... :D Thanks, noname101! :)
  • i love Francois Truffaut's "the 400 blows." very touching and brings back memories from my grade school days.

also like that "piano teacher", it was intriguing and shocking. and that teacher was a crazy maniac.
  • Im not a big Fan of french films but I loved Le' Auberg Espagnole, Amellie, One Day in Paris.

I also like this one about a guy who got stuck at an airport then found love there.. Jean reult (not good wth spelling but he was in pink panter,da vinci code) played the guy who was a chef and he fell in love with a make up artise
    Has anyone seen Avenue Montaigne by Daniele Thompson?

It was France's Oscar entry in 2007. Sadly it didn't get nominated. :shrug:
  • booksalebooksale PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    here's the tv sked of tv5.org, if you have:

http://www.tv5.org/TV5Site/programmes/universal/hebdo.php
  • booksalebooksale PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i enjoyed "hors de prix" with audrey tautou and gad elmaleh

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809805899/info

it is also the first time i have seen annelise hesme in the movie. she's beautiful. is she eurasian?
  • Gian, I like your cinema features in your blog because you sometimes feature Indian films, which I'm a fan of. I love world cinema, Bollywood and Spanish cinema are my primary loves. Of course, French cinema is no slouch, like hello.

That being said, I cried when I watched The 400 Blows. The scene where he stole milk and drank it. I dunno why, it just hit me. Awang-awa ako sa kanya, and at the same time it triggered a memory.

BTW, the Portuguese made Belle Tujour, a sequel to Belle du Jour last year. I've downloaded it but haven't seen it yet, along with a gazillion others, including the aformentioned The Piano Teacher. I dunno (again), that movie wouldn't be what it is without Deneuve. I don't know why they used another actress to play the role. Deneuve still makes movies, di ba?

Oh sorry, pardon me. We're talking about the French here. They make FILMS, not movies. Please make the necessary corrections in your thoughts.
  • Jensie: Time has reviewed Funny Games. Galing daw. I forgot who critiqued it. I hope it was Corliss (the only critic I believe in).
  • che-0

Naw mate. We cant call all frech movies as films. eventho Im not to keen on french cinema every country will still have their own local variations of crapp movies like Blond Ambision and Hottie and the Notie.
    chez-o wrote: »
    Jensie: Time has reviewed Funny Games. Galing daw. I forgot who critiqued it. I hope it was Corliss (the only critic I believe in).

Thanks!!! Can't wait to see it ... :drive:
  • noname101 wrote: »
    yeah, a friend mentioned this...is it really good?

Edit: is this it?

2z516ph.jpg

Oui! Oui!

It is brilliant. haha

Nothing beats Haneke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scan0017.jpg