Home PEx Sports NBA

Kobe 81 vs T-Mac 13 pts in 35 sec

all right since the Rockets are playing the Lakers, I have a question concerning the 2 superstars that are involved

I would go with T-Mac 13 points in 35 seconds because every shot he took was clutch, plus that 4 points play on Duncan, which is another rare thing, ANd the fact that they're playing the Spurs, a good defensive team with Bowen all over McGrady

how bout u guys? :)

Comments

• bakit hindi ninyo isinama yung 8 pts in 8 seconds ni reggie miller...hehe!
  • I'm hoping the Rockets' streak would be ended by the Lakers. No offense to Rockets fans but I wanna see Lakers emerge as the best team in the league right now.
  • PandaemonaeonPandaemonaeon Moderator PEx Moderator
    I would probably go with 13 in 35 just because of how inhuman T-Mac was knocking those threes. Kobe's 81 was impressive no doubt, but it became a fishing expedition during the latter part.
    theo78 wrote: »
    bakit hindi ninyo isinama yung 8 pts in 8 seconds ni reggie miller...hehe!

Keeping up with the theme of tomorrow's game.
  • Tmac.. Talo na, nanalo pa.. *okay*
  • white rabbitwhite rabbit PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    13 pts in 35 secs > 81 pts in 40+ mins? :confused:

so how does it compare to wilt's 100 pts when even some basketball experts argue that kobe's 81 is better than wilt's 100?

i think reggie miller's 8 pts in 8.9 secs is more clutch than 13 pts in 35 secs.
  • jaLenpaRk™jaLenpaRk™ PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I would probably go with 13 in 35 just because of how inhuman T-Mac was knocking those threes. Kobe's 81 was impressive no doubt, but it became a fishing expedition during the latter part.

*okay*

napanood ko yung game na kahit tambak na ang raptors eh nasa loob pa rin si kobe at tumira pa ng tumira..

tmac's was clutch... they were down by 10(i think) with a minute to go..

*peace* *peace* *peace*
  • NeverenderNeverender PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    because those 13 points were scored in the crucial stage of the game where it matter the most. While kobe's 81 pt performance isn't really needed because it's already a won ballgame on their part.Reggie Miller's 8 pts in 8 secs is out of topic since the topic is about the rockets vs lakers matchup this monday. :lol:
  • aika131 wrote: »
    I'm hoping the Rockets' streak would be ended by the Lakers. No offense to Rockets fans but I wanna see Lakers emerge as the best team in the league right now.

Heartbreaker, the Lakers cant do it. TMac's 13 pts in 35 seconds is the best 35 seconds in the history of the NBA. Forget 81 pts, What does it prove anyway? NOTHING.:bop:
  • bottom line, the two performances were needed to win

but i'll take kobe's 81 over tbak's chamba 13. :glee:
  • kobe's 81 wasn't as crucial as tmac's 13 in 35?
    kobe's 81 didn't mean anything?

did you guys even see that game? or watch the video of it?
    the lakers were down by 14 at the half and the raptors extended their lead to as much as 18 in the 3rd quarter. nothing was going for the lakers so kobe had to take it upon himself to rally his team and will them to victory. kobe dropped 55 of those 81 points in the 2nd half.

tmac's 13 in 35 secs were great... but 13 in 35 secs ain't 81!

OT: here's a great read from a self-confessed kobe-hater comparing that 81 point performance to (the all time single game scoring record) wilt's 100 point game:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/nba_experts/post/Why-Kobe-is-right-there-with-Wilt;_ylt=AggmytUj2VDeN86XVAKp2d68vLYF?urn=nba,71053
  • Gotta agree with puknat. Tambak yung lakers when Kobe took over.

Kaya naging fishing expedition yun sa huli eh, ayaw na talaga patirahin ng raptors si Kobe - - he took the ball strong to the basket. smart basketball.

Tmac was also great with the 13 in 35 seconds pero got to take Kobe's 81. I remembered texting my friends that he got 81 and all they said was wtf hahaha....
  • markarreza wrote: »
    Tambak yung lakers when Kobe took over.

Kaya naging fishing expedition yun sa huli eh, ayaw na talaga patirahin ng raptors si Kobe - - he took the ball strong to the basket. smart basketball.

Tmac was also great with the 13 in 35 seconds pero got to take Kobe's 81.

Tambak yung Rockets when Tmac took over, umaalis na nga yung mga tao sa seats nila.

pero parang naging shooting practice yun sa huli eh , ayaw na talagang patirahin ng Spurs si Tmac - - but he shot the ball like crazy and his shots were falling in the basket. unbelievable basketball.

Kobe was also great with the 81 points pero got to take Tmac's 13 in 35 seconds. *okay*
  • I vote for Tmac's 13 in 35 secs.

Quality over quantity.

Kobe's feat is amazing no doubt but Tmac's 13 in 35 secs was better for me because of the situation and time constraint involved. Kobe had the entire 2nd half to carry his team. Tmac had 35 secs to score 13 points.
  • the plot thickens for tomorrow's game...
    pau gasol, reportedly, will not suit up.
    with no yao, no pau and no bynum, it might just boil down to kobe and t-mac.
    this ain't just to keep the streak alive or to become the streakbusters, this is for the lead in the west (for a day at least) with the loser falling into a probable tie with new orleans (@det) who are only half a game behind.
    this is the real madness in march! *okay*
  • MajorPain wrote: »

Quality over quantity.

I don't think the argument of quality vs quantity can really apply here... if the quality of kobe's 81 was inferior, how come it was only the 2nd time it's ever been done before?
    If you argue quantity, they both are full of it. 13 points in 35 secs is definitely a lot... but 81 points (28/46 FGs) in less than 42 minutes that went along with 6 rebs 2 asts 3 stls 1 blk is tremendous.
    t-mac scored those 13 points as part of his 17 point 4th quarter in a 33 point effort (12/29 FGs) that went along with 8 rebs 2 asts 5 stls in 44 minutes of action.

they were both definitely amazing performances and highly improbable to duplicate (except maybe if they did it themselves... nah:p ).

having said that though, i think i would have to go with kobe mostly because reggie miller's 8 in 8 was a lot more improbable.

plus if you search it on youtube, you can actually catch all 81 points in 3 minutes :D
  • wala si Gasol. wala si Yao.

ok lang!

sa 13 points ako in 35 sec.
  • plucker_08plucker_08 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    handicapped talaga lakers dito..walang ariza, bynum at gasol

may alibi tayo pag natalo. hehehe
  • I see the start of the fall of the great Lakers this season.. :naughty:
  • tmac's 13 is hard to replicate.
  • Both are great feats but I'll go with T-Mac's 13 Points in 35 seconds. Iba talaga ang pakiramdam pag come from behind ang pagkapanalo.