Home PEx Local Entertainment Pageants and Queens
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

1988 Bb. Pilipinas: We Want It For Our Collections Of Major Beauty Contests

Hi guys! I and my friends are collectors of major national and international beauty contests (their news clippings, photos, souvenir programs, VCD/DVD copies, etc.). Does anyone of you have clear DVD copies of the 1988 BINIBINING PILIPINAS PAGEANT? The Bb. Pilipinas Charities Office has it in VHS tape. We want it in DVD copies. I and my friends would like to get or buy them from you to complete our collections. Please be sure that they are really clear and uncut DVD copies.

We have these file photos of the 1988 BB. PILIPINAS ROYALTY (the winners, queens and title holders):

1988BbPilipinasQueens.jpg
1988 Winners/Queens (from left): Bb. Pilipinas-Maja International Maria Muriel Moral, Bb. Pilipinas-Universe Perfida Limpin, Bb. Pilipinas-International Maria Anthea Robles, Bb. Pilipinas-Tourism Maritoni Daya

ThePresidentwiththeQueens.jpg
Photo taken during the 1988 inauguration and opening of the New Farmers Plaza Mall in Araneta Center. From left, Bb. Pilipinas-Maja International Maria Muriel Moral, Bb. Pilipinas-Tourism Maritoni Daya, Philippine President Corazon Aquino, Bb. Pilipinas-Universe Perfida Limpin, Bb. Pilipinas-International Maria Anthea Robles

Among the 1988 Queens, MARIA MURIEL "LALA" MORAL was the only international winner and awardee. Here are some of her file photos:

MsMaja.jpg

1988BbPilipinas-MajaInternational.jpg
1988 BB. PILIPINAS-MAJA INTERNATIONAL MARIA MURIEL MORAL

Cus10043.jpg
1988 MISS PHILIPPINES-MAJA INTERNATIONAL MARIA MURIEL MORAL
BEST IN NATIONAL COSTUME AND MISS MAJA SIMPATICA AWARDEE
1988 MISS MAJA INTERNATIONAL PAGEANT

Comments

• AltweggAltwegg PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Maritoni Daya of Kung Alam Ko Lang fame?
  • MsMaja20.jpg

MsMaja21.jpg

MsMaja24.jpg

MsMaja25-1.jpg

MsMaja27.jpg
    MARIA MURIEL MORAL, IN HER WINNING NATIONAL COSTUME

NEWS / PRESS RELEASE:

MsMaja300.jpg

Maja100.jpg
    MARIA MURIEL MORAL, 1988 BB. PILIPINAS-MAJA INTERNATIONAL, the Philippines' bet to the 1988 MISS MAJA INTERNATIONAL Beauty Pageant held in Puerto Rico, won the BEST IN NATIONAL COSTUME AWARD, besting over 50 countries. Above photos show Muriel dressed in her winning golden costume, a traditional gown worn by Moslem princesses. The costume is a creaton of noted Filipino fashion designer RENEE SALUD. Muriel also bagged the 1988 MISS MAJA SIMPATICA AWARD.

Again, we are looking for the 1988 Bb. Pilipinas Pageant in clear and uncut DVD copies to complete our collections.

Kindly send us now your name and complete business address or contact numbers (landline and cellphone) through this email address: [email protected]. Thank you!
  • never pa yatang nagMuslim inspired costume sa Miss U, tignan niyo nga yan nanalo siya ng costume award.
  • yah.,.. toni daya of the song kung alam mo lang na may iba ka na palang minamahal....
  • binawian ng korona nung bb. pilipinas universe 1991 si anjanette abayari...

nung 1998 bb. pilipinas universe tisha silang binawian din ng korona at 1999 janelle bautista binawian din ng korona
  • IT'S GOOD THAT WE SHOULD HIGHLIGHT THE INTERNATONAL AND GLOBAL VICTORIES OF THE PHILIPPINES IN THE WORLD!

You know someone in another forum asked me this question: "Why are majority of the pictures of just one queen?"

This is my answer.

Well, it's because I'd like to highlight too another notable achievement, triumph or victory of our country the PHILIPPINES in the international, global, or world scene by a Filipino woman, the MISS PHILIPPINES queen, MARIA MURIEL MORAL, the 1988 BB. PILIPINAS-MAJA INTERNATIONAL.

I posted several photos of her wearing the Bb. Pilipinas (Ms. Philippines) Crown and our winning Philippine National Costume because MARIA MURIEL MORAL (our fellow Filipino national) brought and gave honors and prestige to our country too (with her BEST IN NATIONAL COSTUME and MISS MAJA SIMPATICA Awards).

Like other global, major beauty competitions, I'm sure there were so many great national costumes that represent the diverse national identities and cultures of so many different participating nations (especially, the European and Latin or South American countries) at the 1988 MISS MAJA INTERNATIONAL PAGEANT, but MARIA MURIEL MORAL (the PHILIPPINES phil_flag.gif) beat and bested them all, the biggest countries of the world such as the U.S.A., Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Russia, China, India, Australia, and so many other nations!

THE BIGGEST COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD

largecos.gif

THE CONTINENTS OF THE WORLD

continentslg.gif

MARIA MURIEL MORAL EMBODIES THE PHILIPPINES phil_flag.gif AT THE GLOBAL (WORLDWIDE) CONTEST / EVENT WHERE SHE WON THE INTERNATIONAL AWARDS...

phnewzz.gif
    (worldatlas.com images)

phil_flag.gif
    THE PHILIPPINES, MARIA MURIEL MORAL, BESTED THE COUNTRIES/NATIONS OF THE WORLD!

MsMaja27.jpg

IN HER WINNING FORM, WEARING THE GOLDEN PHILIPPINE NATIONAL COSTUME

MsMaja24.jpg
    MISS PHILIPPINES MARIA MURIEL MORAL, INTERNATIONAL WINNER AND INTERNATIONAL AWARDEE...

MsMaja300.jpg

phil_flag.gifREPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES (RP) Maja300.jpg
    MISS PHILIPPINES MARIA MURIEL MORAL, BEST IN NATIONAL COSTUME AND MISS MAJA SIMPATICA AWARDS WINNER, AT THE 1988 MISS MAJA INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION HELD IN PUERTO RICO

As a Filipino phil_flag.gif, I'm proud of her, too!

Her fellow queens in the 1988 Bb. Pilipinas batch, Perfida Limpin and Anthea Robles, did not win any award in their respective international competitions so there's no any international winning photos about them that I can post here. Even more with Toni Daya, the 1988 Bb. Pilipinas-Tourism whose title had no international contest thus she did not represent the Philippines in any international competition. Toni Daya joined the Bb. Pilipinas contest twice (she was a candidate in 1984 and 1988) but she did not win any major national title for any international pageant so she did not compete internationally. However, gifted with a good singing talent, Toni Daya thus joined the Philippine local showbiz as an entertainer (singer-actress) and she made it good. She produced a single hit (a Filipino love song titled "Kung Alam Ko Lang") that became quite popular to the Filipino masses...
  • Ms. Philippines-Maja International Maria Muriel Moral is A Truly Global (Worldwide) Winner!

Wow! Gosh! Looking at the world maps above, it's only now that I've truly realized how small our country the Philippines is!

...Yeah, our nation is just small but our dearest Motherland, our beloved Philippines, is an exotic, amazing and wonderful country like no other in the world!!!

I love you, Ms. Philippines-Maja International Maria Muriel Moral!!!

You also made our country proud to the entire/whole world!!!

Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!!! Mabuhay ang Pilipino!!! icon14.gif
  • denmarck wrote: »
    never pa yatang nagMuslim inspired costume sa Miss U, tignan niyo nga yan nanalo siya ng costume award.
    there's been several in 86, 88, 91, 93, 95.
  • JENSIE_GJENSIE_G PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I looooooooooooooooove the national costume of Joanne Santos in Namibia!!!
  • boxerbrief2010boxerbrief2010 PEx Rookie ⭐
    hah.. i didn't know Toni Daya was a beauty queen....but infairness, evident naman sa mga looks nya.... NOW I KNOW...

ang pretty pretty nya oh.... I was like kindergarten or Grade 1 nung sumikat yung kanta nya....

Diba pinagselosan sya ni Ate Vi dati because Ralph Recto got attracted to her kahit kasal na sila ni Vi.??
  • kung VHS yung copy ng BPC puwede mo namang ipaconverty un to DVD
  • bizbuddy88 wrote: »

Wow! Gosh! Looking at the world maps above, it's only now that I've truly realized how small our country the Philippines is!

...Yeah, our nation is just small but our dearest Motherland, our beloved Philippines, is an exotic, amazing and wonderful country like no other in the world!!!

I love you, Ms. Philippines-Maja International Maria Muriel Moral!!!

You also made our country proud to the entire/whole world!!!

Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!!! Mabuhay ang Pilipino!!! icon14.gif

That's very true! You said it right, bizbuddy. Just look at my avatar too and you'll see that our country is really that small just like some Asian nations!

But as you said, though our beloved Philippines is only small, our dearest Motherland is truly a beautiful, amazing and wonderful country like no other in the world! :rpflag: :)

Indeed, Ms. Philippines-Maja International Maria Muriel Moral is also a world winner for her contest and competition (the event) is global or worldwide (in the world scene) unlike any prime minister or presidential contest/race or election which is only an internal affairs of any country which is only hyped internationally by foreign media.

And to know that Ms. Moral beat and bested the biggest countries of the world, bueno, that's something great that the Philippines and Filipinos should also be proud of! icon14.gif
  • 25gur7d.jpg

Engr. Maria Muriel Moral, then single, as Women's Journal Cover Girl (February 1989 Valentine's Issue)
  • She graced the Women's Journal magazine cover for the second time (as cover girl again) in the May 2012 Mother's Day Issue of the magazine but this time as a Mrs. Universe...

o6h9vm.jpg

WOMAN OF THE UNIVERSE

First Mrs. Universe-Intelligence, Engr. Muriel Moral-Pandi (or Lala), on the cover of Women's Journal magazine, is shown beaming (smiling radiantly) in the Universe. Seen behind her are our home planet, Mother Earth, the stars, galaxies, and nebulas across the Universe...
  • BEING BOTH A MISS PHILIPPINES AND A MRS. PHILIPPINES QUEEN & TITLE HOLDER

1988 Binibining Pilipinas-Maja International, Engr. Maria Muriel Moral,
    is the only international winner in the 1988 batch of Bb. Pilipinas queens (she won the Best in National Costume and the Miss Maja-Simpatica awards at the 1988 Miss Maja International Pageant held in Puerto Rico).

She's not a Bb. Pilipinas repeater.

Moreover, she is the only Bb. Pilipinas major title winner/holder who is a Mrs. Universe-Philippines queen & title holder (2010).

She's both a proclaimed Miss Philippines (a Bb. Pilipinas) and Mrs. Philippines (a Mrs. Universe), and the winner of the first-ever-awarded 'Intelligence Title' in the Universe.

Here are the videos of her homecoming and a TV interview with her at ANC (ABS-CBN News Channel).

Please watch... Thank you!

• It's really nice to look back at Engr. Maria Muriel Moral-Pandi who is a multi-award-winning beauty queen in the international or global level...

and in the universal contest/event too! :):):)
  • You know guys, there's no any Binibining Pilipinas (Miss Philippines) who is a Mrs. Universe-Philippines.

It's only her, Engr. Muriel Moral-Pandi.
  • By the way, if you are an individual or company (private or government) who would want to contact and invite Engr. Muriel Moral-Pandi to be your guest in your event/affair (as a speaker, a judge in your beauty competition, a ribbon cutter in your inaugural, a studio guest in your TV program/series, etc.),

or to be your company's print ad/commercial/image model and endorser of your product or service (such as cosmetics, perfume, jewelry, apparel, bag, shoes, medicine/drug, mother/baby care, or salon, etc.),

or to be a featured cover girl of your local, national and international magazine, etc.,

kindly email now your invitation or proposal through the Mrs. Universe Philanthropy, Inc. (MUPI) using this email address:

[email protected]

Thank you and GOD bless! :)