Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

Star Wars - Clone Wars

st.angerst.anger PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
George Lucas still wants more of our money!

"On the front lines of an intergalactic struggle between good and evil, fans young and old will join such favorite characters as Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Padm? Amidala, along with brand-new heroes like Anakin?s padawan learner, Ahsoka. Sinister villains ? led by Palpatine, Count Dooku and General Grievous ? are poised to rule the galaxy. Stakes are high, and the fate of the Star Wars universe rests in the hands of the daring Jedi Knights. Their exploits lead to the action-packed battles and astonishing new revelations that fill ?The Clone Wars.?

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000478.html

showing aug 20, 2008 in the phils.

Comments

• ermonskiermonski PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    this is a CGI-one, right?

as they say...

I have a bad feeling about this...
  • is this similar to the one that aired in Cartoon Network a few years ago?
  • st.angerst.anger PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ermonski wrote: »

as they say...

this might actually be better than the 1st two prequels. no kidding.
  • the seventh installment of the star wars franchise is set between episodes 2 (the start of the clone wars) and episode 3 (the end of the war). unlike its predecessors, this film is a 3D animation. we will see our well-loved new trilogy characters back in action together with new characters that will spice up the saga, such as Ahsoka, Anakin's padawan learner.

The Clone Wars will premiere in the Philippines on Aug 20, 2008.
  • Plot (WIKIPEDIA):
    The eponymous Clone Wars rage between the Confederacy of Independent Systems and the Galactic Republic. When Jabba the Hutt's son, Rotta the Hutt, is taken by a group of renegades, Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi depart in search of answers: where is the Hutt's son, and who is controlling this mysterious renegade group. Yoda sends Ahsoka Tano along as Anakin's apprentice. Count Dooku will unleash his minions, including Asajj Ventress and General Grievous, to cause havoc for the Republic and to make a three way war between the Galactic Republic, the Confederacy of Independent Systems and the Hutts.
    Star Wars fans unite!

it's Star Wars.. so by default I will watch it
  • so this story will be after Attack of the Clones? tama ba? :confused:

i'm a bit reluctant to watch this movie since it's in 3D. mas maganda sana kung live action 'to like the previous Star Wars movies. :rolleyes:
    the story will be somewhere between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith

it was made in CGI because it is an introduction to a 3d animated series...

live-action? nah... we don't want an Episode VII
  • It's 3d cgi because its supposed to be an expanded version of Clone Wars micro series air at Cartoon Network prior to Episode 3's release. Besides, it's more like Episode 2.5 so it wouldn't be proper to give it a big motion picture production.
  • i am actually excited with this since i am a star wars fanatic. the story of the clone wars has always been interesting for me. i totally enjoyed the micro series of the same title previously aired in CN. hope this one will live up to the legacy of its predecessors.
  • bahamut_zerobahamut_zero chinito na moreno PEx Expert 🎖️
    Nagtataka ako kung ipapattern nila yung story sa pinalabas ng Cartoon Network.
    Apprentice pala ni Anakin yun, kala ko si Shaak Ti.
  • How is this different from the Animated Series again?
  • Nagtataka ako kung ipapattern nila yung story sa pinalabas ng Cartoon Network.
    Apprentice pala ni Anakin yun, kala ko si Shaak Ti.

sa pagkakaalam ko, mejo iba ang plot nito kaysa sa ipinalabas sa CN dati. ang main plot ng story ng movie na to ay yung pagkakakidnap sa anak ni jabba, which was not the focus of the previous animated series. pero yung ibang characters sa micro series na iyon ay ginamit pa rin sa movie tulad ni asajj ventress. lets just watch the movie and see if it will really be different. ;)
  • st.anger wrote: »

sorry, didnt know. :rolleyes: thanks for informing me ;)
  • bahamut_zerobahamut_zero chinito na moreno PEx Expert 🎖️
    Hula ko mamamatay yung padawan ni Anakin, ppatayin siguro ni Asajj Ventres. Cool siya kaya lang mukha siyang bungo. hehe
  • The clone wars is far different from its predecessors...that is, in a negative sense. the franchise has totally lost its charm. after being able to offer six beautiful films, Lucas has now come up with this big chunk of junk. when Lucas Film announced their plans of doing this spin-off film, i was so excited. i thought it would be great seeing the immortal franchise in a different form. but having watched this, i felt so disappointed, as in! on the technical aspect, the characters look woody. i thought Lucas Animation can come up with a superb animation but this looks like an early ninety's animated film. Pixar movies are far better than this one in terms of quality. one thing more, the action sequences suck, in my opinion. the new trilogy films are action-packed unlike this one. i thought Clone Wars would be better in this aspect since in animation, the possibilities are endless, but i was wrong. moreover, this film also lacks in substance. the Clone Wars has a weak plot compared to its predecessors. this feels like just a 2 hour teaser for the upcoming tv series. plus,there seems to be some conflict with the early films, especially with anakin having a padawan. i will no longer go into details, just watch the film if you like. more over, the comedy the script writer tried to inject isn't effective.

all in all, this film is disappointing. this isnt the same franchise i loved throughout the years.
    i havent even watched and i already had a bad feeling about it.
    ermonski wrote: »

as they say...

lol you were right.
  • NeverenderNeverender PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Napanood ko kanina ayaw ko nung design ng characters sa CG May mga Kanto kasi hahaha mas ok sana kung nafocus yung story sa Clones tapos covert ops sa Geonosis.

Mas maganda pa nga yung Cinematics ng pc game na Knights of the Old Republic kesa sa animation ng Clone Wars.Tapos ang weak pa ng plot parang nirecycle yung iba't ibang scenes ng SW movies tapos nilagay dito parang homage. :lol: