NCLEX National Council Licensure Examination

Comments

• sakura22sakura22 wandering soul PExer
    ^^^ exactly what I did! Practiced Kaplan questions one week before my exam. Good luck! *okay*
  • The BumperThe Bumper I BUMP! PExer
    im going to take the local board this november, do you guys think advisable magtake agad ng nclex at cgfns after ko makuha license ko (haha sinaksak ko talaga sa sarili ko na papasa ako) kahit hindi napasok sa review centers?
  • jay727USAjay727USA Member PExer
    i only used KAPLAN for my NCLEX review.......and i passed take one.
  • scyonscyon Member PExer
    SAUNDERS in a good book.
  • scyonscyon Member PExer
    SAUNDERS is a good book.
  • zinniazinnia Tennis_Zinz PExer
    Hi! I hope someone answers my question :)

to lestat_tres and those who took nclex this year, please email me your study guide/study plan at [email protected] thanks so much!! and also, did u just really review for 1 1/2 month? as in? ksi ako short review din lang :( thanks so much!!

to everyone who took the nclex:
    1. do you recommend the saunders comprehensive review for the nclex-rn examination third edition or the latest one? thank u!
    2. do you recommend kaplan review center?
    3. what is NSA? (NSA ba un? hehe) and where can i get that reviewer?
    4. Do you recommend enrolling at NCSBN?
    5. How many questions per day or number of hours of study-time do you recommend. I want a survey what works for you.. who know! it might work for me, too :)
    6. I am currently enrolled in MSN (every saturday) in tarlac and will review in Baguio this august.. do you advice me to drop my MSN and study fulltime or continue with my MSN? travelling will be 4 hrs... I will travel friday night from baguio then go back to baguio sunday.

Thank you so much in advance! I really need all the help that i can get. thanks sooo much! thanks!!! :)
    ^ ** who knows dapat un. ')
  • endaiendai Member PExer
    I would suggest saunders... pero there's some wrong information sa book wen i read it... about sa crutches... i checked it with our lecturer and he said that it's wrong nga...they might have mislook the descriptions... but well... saunders helps a lot...

then i would also suggest lippincott... compared to questions contained in saunders it's a bit harder... and actually i had one exact question during my nclex...

goodluck to anyone who'll take the test!
    zinnia wrote: »
    Hi! I hope someone answers my question :)

to lestat_tres and those who took nclex this year, please email me your study guide/study plan at [email protected] thanks so much!! and also, did u just really review for 1 1/2 month? as in? ksi ako short review din lang :( thanks so much!!

to everyone who took the nclex:
    1. do you recommend the saunders comprehensive review for the nclex-rn examination third edition or the latest one? thank u!
    2. do you recommend kaplan review center?
    3. what is NSA? (NSA ba un? hehe) and where can i get that reviewer?
    4. Do you recommend enrolling at NCSBN?
    5. How many questions per day or number of hours of study-time do you recommend. I want a survey what works for you.. who know! it might work for me, too :)
    6. I am currently enrolled in MSN (every saturday) in tarlac and will review in Baguio this august.. do you advice me to drop my MSN and study fulltime or continue with my MSN? travelling will be 4 hrs... I will travel friday night from baguio then go back to baguio sunday.

Thank you so much in advance! I really need all the help that i can get. thanks sooo much! thanks!!! :)

hi! i would recommend the latest kasi what i know is that they have the same content though may additional lng ang mga latest edition

i wouldnt recommend enrolling sa ncsbn... i wud rather study with books... and practice with around 150 or more questions a day... i think you don't need to drop your masters...

i believe the trend in nclex is changing... because when i took the exam last march the questions were mostly prioritization... while what i heard from friends na kumuha this may and june mostly were select all that apply questions...

goodluck!
    edai,

thank you so much for the reply! it means so much po! :) well, i'm still having second thoughts about dropping my MSN.. sayang kasi pero i am also thinking about the hassle/stress that it will bring me while reviewing.

Yeah, every person i ask tells me to use sauders but i only have the 3rd edition... so maybe i should buy the latest one, huh? ang mahal! hehe..

which lippincott book do u recommend pala? i have the lippincott 2005 Q&A ata...

thanks so much! :)
    hi zinnia!

welcome! i wud suggest na i sched mo na lng studying tym mo... pero ako b4 hindi ko naman na susunod... hehehe...

i have frends who wud take the test pero will start working this august... and 12 hour shift kmi...

sa akin 3rd edition rin ang ginamit ko... the blue one... wag ka na lng bumili... sayang... same lng naman ang content pero may ni revised lng...

ang lippincott ko.. forgot ko na ang edition... may humiram ksi... bsta yellow green ang cover... and question and answer rin sya... btw, are you a fresh graduate? batch 2007 ako...
  • orangepinkorangepink orange != pink PExer
    saunders daw is the best. tsaka get used to the format and style of the nclex questions by practicing online kahit 10 questions a day is enough.
    endai and orangepink, thank you both for the very honest replies ha? i really need that! :) naku kinakabahan kasi ako! hahaha!

endai, nope, i'm not a fresh graduate. I graduated 2005 then i volunteered in a hospital before working as a clinical instructor up to the present! So can U just imagine how hard it would be for me to shift from work to studying! Hahaha! Ang hirap. Thank you talaga ha.. kasi kinakabahan ako. My exam will be this Oct or early nov, basta sasagad ko ung 3 months na validity ng ATT ko. Vermont eh. hay!

So, endai, you suggest that i concentrate on Saunders then Q&A tlga, ano? Now i'm thinking of shifting from kaplan as my 1st choice to gapuz because i will have more time to review and focus on Q&A..

to orangepink, did you also take ur NCLEX? what review materials did u use and review center did u enroll at?
    hi zinnia! ok naman foundation mo kasi clinical instructor ka... kayang kaya mo yan! you have 2 months to focus...

ang review ko ksi b4... i enrolled to a review center since i've got nothing to do during waiting days for the results of local board... i attended lectures... though nakatulong naman... but iba talaga if self-study...

ang saunders book ko scanned ko lng... ksi sa review center namin kasama na ang online studying na gawa rin ng saunders... bsta elsevier.com ang site... and i have to finish that for a month... word by word is the same sa book na saunders pero iba yung mga test questions... and after every module... kasi it contains 10 modules... you can take their post test...

ang maganda sa elsevier.com (saunders online) meron silang detector test... detector test if you are ready to take the test... nagpapataas rin ng confidence pag naka pass ka...

the detector test is like the actual nclex exam... if you got the answer right... they'll give you a harder question... if you got it wrong.. they'll give u an easier one...
    endai, saan ba ung review center mo? i also would want to try elsevier.com. well, about my being a CI, well, in some ways it'll help but in general it's kind of a disadvantage over being a fresh graduate or at least 2006-2008 graduate. I am always assigned in the special area for 3 sems now so my theories in other areas is really in question now! hahaha joke lang. well, honestly, i really believe i have more knowledge in general nursing back in 2006-2007! pero i really hope everything goes well with me.. thanks, endai.. i will keep in mind what you said--saunders, self review, question and answers.. :)
    endai, hehe u got me thinking again! now im tron between NCSB or saunders online... after finding a place to stay at baguio i should have made up my mind what center and online course! ang hirap ng rush! (a friend told me to re-schedule my exam)
    where can i get kaplan qbank questions pala? i'll enroll at Gapuz then use saunders book, Q&A CDs, kaplan's qbank and NCSBN.. it's almost my final decision..
    hi zinnia! ok na ok na ang mga review materials mo... yung saunders online ksi... yun lng ang offer ng review center ko before... wla clang ncsbn... and most of my frends used ncsbn and a lot of them passed...

borrow ka na lng ng kaplan sa iba... and ang ncsbn... hingi ka na lng ng password para maka save ka... secret lng... ksi may frend ako b4 na inoffer nya ang password sa akin kung gus2 ko... kaso sabi ko wla na akong time and madami na ako review materials...

bsta wag kng mag pa stress... mga 2 days before the exam prepare mo na clothes mo, kung ano kakainin mo, transportation and etc.... and wag ka ng mag review masyado...

suggest ko... wag masyadong heavy ang dalhin mo na food sa pearson vue... ako dinala ko chocolates lng (kitkat) para glucose lng sa brain and easy to finish... and so you can save time...and bottled water... pero tanggalin mo lng ang label ng water... usu. ksi wlang gana... goodluck! you can PM me anytime if you want any help...
    Hi, endai!! just got home from baguio... 3 days kami dun! haha, ang lamig! went there to look for a place, xempre para magreview. hay. I hope i pass... natatakot talaga ako kasi 2005 ako graduate and i think nwala na sa systema ko most theories. hay!

huh, okay na tlga materials ko?? may eenroll ako sa kaplan, sana tlga sulit un! hehe.. i really need live lectures eh. :( pero this would mean konti time ko for CDs and online questions. bahala na. i'll PM u pala :kasi may ia-ask ako :)
  • TinkerBelle81TinkerBelle81 Member PExer
    i'm already an nclex passer but if i were to take that test again, i wouldn't read saunders anymore. that book is just too thick that when i finished reading the entire thing, i couldn't remember much of what i've read. i would rather stick with a more summarized book. besides, after taking the nclex, inisip ko nabali wala lang naman lahat ng na-aral ko. haha.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file