Home PEx Sports The NCAA Tourney

Scoop:Final Four of 2000 UAAP and NCAA Men's Basketball

talipandas9talipandas9 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Here's hopefully a fresh scoop: The Final Four of both last year's UAAP and NCAA men's basketball event have been invited to take part in an invitational league that will commence in February 2001. From the UAAP, the Final Four invited include Ateneo, De La Salle, Far Eastern, and Sto. Tomas. From the NCAA, the Final Four include St. Benilde, Jose Rizal, San Sebastian, and Perpetual Help.

The games will be televised by ABS-CBN. (I'm sure the Rock has his reservations here again - obvious kasing anti-ABS-CBN siya for God knows whatever reason - flimsy or valid.) The opening will be held tentatively on Feb. 25 at the Araneta Coliseum. The games will be aired using the time slot of the MBA over Studio 23 since the MBA won't start until April 2001.

So, let's all look forward to this invitational league. It could serve as a prelude to what will happen to these teams in their respective campaigns in the UAAP and NCAA this year since the new recruits for 2001 might see action for their respective schools. :)

Comments

• Kung matuloy yan eh di masaya. Woohooo!!! :smokin:

ANIMO BENILDE!!!
    ANIMO LASALLE!!!
  • the undying question, which is the better league?, will finally be answered. :bop: i can't wait to see the green archers go up against the blazers. yipee! battle of the champions! :yum: ...and ateneo-la salle nanaman! hope this happens. :cool:
  • OK ito
    if you have been reading my posts concerning the UAAP and the MBA
    this was what ive been talking about for some time now
    if not for politics between UAAP and NCAA
    dapat for basketball purposes merged na and 2 leagues na ito
    16 teams 2 rd robin 30 game season
    top 8 teams in playoffs ala US NCAA style
    and ABS CBN to provide the TV coverage
    this will surely be a hit among the fans
    ABS CBN should give up the MBA
    losing sila sa MBA dahil bulok
    and consider the merged UAAP NCAA
    less logistical expenses plus more viewers
    lets admit it Metro Manila is where the consumers are
    profit for the network
    ultimate enjoyment for students and basketball fans
    improvement of the college leagues
    better players will come out for the PBA draft

• talipandas9talipandas9 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Fortune...

You're right. A merged UAAP-NCAA is something that can be considered or must be considered because its time surely has come to determine the best team in the entire Philippine collegiate league. Let's face it: some colleges are turning into universities and the distinction between the two types of institutions is a blur.

I must disagree though that ABS-CBN give up the MBA. You're sounding like Pontius Pilate who has cast a sentence of death on the MBA. Naman, let's give MBA a chance considering the fact that we have a lot of basketball players who wish to fulfill their dream of playing professionally but they are not given the chance in the PBA. The more the merrier, di ba? :)

Scoop...

I heard that this proposed tournament might not push through because one of the teams expected to be a major part of this tournament - sige na nga, sasabihin ko na - DE LA SALLE U has not yet agreed to participate. All the NCAA teams and the 3 other UAAP teams have already AGREED to participate. Quo vadis, La Salle? What are you afraid of? I must say the La Salle-St. Benilde, La Salle-Ateneo, and La Salle-FEU are surely must see games eagerly awaited by everyone.

To La Sallian PEXers: how true that La Salle is not practicing yet after their participation in the PBL as Osaka? I heard practice would start in February 2001. Are you not willing to participate in the proposed tournament? Sayang naman... dahil lang sa inyo, baka hindi matuloy. Tsk, tsk, tsk....
  • wow!!! I didn't know that! galing naman. I think it will be an exciting league. I can't wait for the San Sebastian vs Benilde game :):):)

• will Cuan, Jose, & Castro still play if ever?
  • Originally posted by khakiskrt
    wow!!! I didn't know that! galing naman. I think it will be an exciting league. I can't wait for the San Sebastian vs Benilde game :):):)

TAKSIL KA NANAMAN!!! :silly:

ANIMO BENILDE!!!
  • I heared from a reliable source that this will be pushing through on either the 25th of the 27th of Feb. Also according to the source CSB's first game will be against the UST Tigers
    Originally posted by shesALLthat
    will Cuan, Jose, & Castro still play if ever?

I think Cuan will not play since he already graduated from your school - La Salle. Mon Jose will NOT play because he has already been drafted in the PBA. Alvin Castro might play.

From what I've heard, players already playing in the PBL might not be allowed to play except for the players who played for Osaka, who will obviously play for La Salle, and those who played for Ateneo-Pioneer who will obviously play for the Ateneo. Thus, players like Baguio, Gelig, and Espiritu might or might not be allowed to play for UST while FEU might not be able to use Rysal Castro. Thus, team B players aching to get a spot on the main team or team A of their respective schools might finally get the opprtunity they are waiting for.
  • e kung ayaw nila bakit mo ba sila pipilitin?????? edi gumawa ka ng sarili mong team at isali mo jan sa invitational ekek na yan, total gustong-gusto mo namang matuloy diba.
    hello, paaralin mo naman yung archers 'no. after uaap, nagka-ncraa tsaka pbl sila. may mga priorities yung mga taong yon, at sorry na lang at nagkataon studies ang inuuna nila now instead of that ekek league.
  • i just want to say that I'm REALLY excited about the league! :)

kelan ba talaga yung opening and first game? soon, I hope :)

please post more details :)

ps. altarboy, hindi ako taksil. Paker ka! :P

• hi guys!!!!!!!!! inform me kung wen first game ha! i'm really excited kasi e!!!!!!! i wanna see some cute guys again!!!!!!!! hehe!! :) i go 4 dlsu and csb, animo! ust and admu na din,cyrus baguio and paul tanchi play for those schools e. pero mega-lasalista pa rin ako.
  • sporty... from what I've heard, baka last week of Feb daw yung opening.. thats what our sports coordinator told us.. but this is still tentative.. don't worry I'll post the exact date, time, and place on here as soon as I find out.
    ps. kilala ba kita? :)
    sporty... from what I've heard, baka last week of Feb daw yung opening.. thats what our sports coordinator told us.. but this is still tentative.. don't worry I'll post the exact date, time, and place on here as soon as I find out.
    ps. kilala ba kita? :)

Hey khaki,
    Will you be watching it live? Kung oo. Sama ako. Tawagan na rin natin si Supreme Goddess and the others. Sabay tayong lahat manood ng opening.
  • ice queen,
    i think if ever matuloy, perform kami.. basta sabay sabay tayo nila supreme goddess, k? miss ko na kayong dalawa :) I talked to Magsi kasi yesterday, he said na baka di na tuloy because ayaw pumayag ng lasalle! mga KJ talaga yung mga yun... siguro takot matalo sa atin. hehehehe :)

( alam ko may mga taga lasalle na magre react sa sinabi ko )

PEACE :)

Sorry to inform you guys but from what I've heard yesterday from one of the players of a particular Final Four UAAP team, this tournament WILL NOT push through anymore.

Tsk, tsk, tsk -- as in SAYANG talaga. The said team is now busy preparing for the upcoming 2001 UAAP season.

I hope something can still be done to make this tournament a reality! It really promises to be an exciting tournament worth watching. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
    ice queen,
    i think if ever matuloy, perform kami.. basta sabay sabay tayo nila supreme goddess, k? miss ko na kayong dalawa :) I talked to Magsi kasi yesterday, he said na baka di na tuloy because ayaw pumayag ng lasalle! mga KJ talaga yung mga yun... siguro takot matalo sa atin. hehehehe :)

( alam ko may mga taga lasalle na magre react sa sinabi ko )

PEACE :)

Sana naman matuloy kasi medyo matagal na rin naman akong di nakakapanood ng live game.

Miss ko na rin kayo ni supreme goddess. Hay naku kung wala lang tayong ginagawa it would be easier to get together.

Anyway, see you sa opening. Let's just keep our fingers crossed na this one will push thru. Good luck sa performance niyo.

• so is this tuloy or not?

hay naku ha dapat matuloy..utang na loob lang...

i miss you khaki and ice queen..:angel:

i hope someone can confirm if this inivitational tournament will push through..

ice queen..please call me at home...please?i emailed my numbers to you..even my globe..

mwah to all of the benildeans..:)
  • What you people should look forward to is the MICABA inter-school meet set to start this Saturday at the FEU gym. 13 teams from both UAAP and NCAA joined and formed group A of this meet. While group B is composed of other collegiate teams not belonging to the UAAP or NCAA. For the UAAP, the teams that joined are Ateneo, UP, FEU, UST, Adamson and UE while for the NCAA, Letran, CSB, Perpetual, JRC, San Beda (teams A and B, team B joined group B), PCU and San Sebastian joined the tournament. As far as I can remember, opening game pits San Beda against UST at 9 am while at 1:30, Ateneo meets College of Saint Benilde. I think PCU and Adamson also play each other later on in the day.
  • Well, it's time to give all the wannabees a dose of the green slime once again. I was hoping to save my energy till the next uaap season (sorry, I was in Pinoycentral UAAP forum fighting with all the blues of this world) but this is a good warm up for the big fight!!!

Ofcourse, it's another money-making scheme of ABS-CBN! Anyway, it's all for fun and not to be taken seriously. The decision of the Green Archers to participate or not in this so-called "Dream league" depends on its importance and relevance but up to now it is just a big farce!!! Do you expect us to give our very best in a league with no history and commercial importance??? Naahhh!!! For school pride, honor and tradition alone, La Salle should participate (though it's not our priority) and donned the green jersey with pedigree! But, ours is the 4ward Dream 2001 in the UAAP!!! We have already set our minds in fulfilling this dream.

Scared??? Why should we!!! The top 4 of the NCAA is nothing to us! We are not going to give importance to a league where anarchy and pathetic plays are part of their core values. To put in a subtle way, they are just way, way down there!!! Not in the mold and class of the UAAP (just being honest)! They are the misfits and rejects of the DLSU Basketball Program!!!

Religio Mores Cultura

Animo La Salle!!!