Home PEx Hobbies Cars and Motoring

Ok ba motolite?

Ok ba ang motolite? Ano pa ba mas maganda?

Comments

• nung nagpalit ko ng battery, sa mga natanungan kong battery shop, they all recommend outlast kaysa motolite.
  • It's okay. It's also the default battery of a lot of manufacturers it seems. We use Motolite and the maintenance free lasts around 3 years or so.

There's a battery thread here somewhere, you can try digging it up.
  • Ang mahal nga lang ng Outlast. If you're going to shop for an NS40L battery (one of the smallest, this one goes into Cities and Jazzes), expect to part with PhP4500...and this price is straight from their website.

For its price, Motolite's a perfectly acceptable alternative, given that any car battery older than 2 years in our hot weather is living on borrowed time. I got my Motolite Excel 21 NS40L battery for PhP3200 last year (less trade-in fee for my old battery). No complaints.
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    we prety much just use motolite for all our vehicles.

the worst battery i've had was the battery that came in with the 2003 lancer. it was some el cheapo brand from thailand. lol.
  • ok naman.. hehe..
  • pangmatagalan!
  • Pangmatagalan ba?

Eto para sa mga old-schoolers...

(after advertised torture test of battery from Manila to Dau with no help from the alternator)
    "KUMBINSING!" *okay* :lol:
  • froshie1froshie1 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    superbad wrote: »
    Ok ba ang motolite? Ano pa ba mas maganda?

Wala naman tayong choice eh meron pa ba unless iyong pinagbibiling isang battery ng iyong favorite shop ay imported.

Electron ba iyon or Electone gawa din ng Motolite, Champion gawa din ng Motolite. Outlast di ko alam kung gawa ng Motolite.
  • korek!

+1 sau bro!
  • ok sana ang motolite pero ang mahal na nya ngayon. when i replaced my car's battery i was choosing between outlast and motolite. but when i chanced upon AC Delco. longer warranty than motolite gold. simple lang yung design. looks very OEM.
  • jason_10 wrote: »
    ok sana ang motolite pero ang mahal na nya ngayon. when i replaced my car's battery i was choosing between outlast and motolite. but when i chanced upon AC Delco. longer warranty than motolite gold. simple lang yung design. looks very OEM.

AC Delco seems to get good feedback... also GS Japan.
  • Okey ba ACDelco? Marami akong naririnig na reklamo dyan...mabilis madiskarga. :(

Sayang kasi at mura sya. They charge PhP2700 for an NS40L battery.
  • very timely question, shun. the other night i left my key in the "2" position. the next day fully drained yung AC delco battery ko. i had to call a battery shop to borrow a service battery while they're charging
    mine.

dunno if that same thing would happen if installed motolite.

anyway i just saw the new print ad of motolite gold. and it seems that they made an improvement with the design (to at least compensate with the significant price increase). plastic na yung holder niya unlike before na may tali. hehe.
  • Strange though since the guys i talked to before on the tsikot boards had their AC Delco's running for 4-5 years before needing a change.

Jason10, the plastic holder increased the price of the battery by 200%? :P hehe...

Just changed the battery in old Galant. Switched back to the non-maintenance free battery (Motolite) as they usually still last longer then the maint.-free ones.
  • slamm wrote: »
    Strange though since the guys i talked to before on the tsikot boards had their AC Delco's running for 4-5 years before needing a change.
    I heard of a similar story too in the Jazz-City United forums. So I guess ACDelco isn't as horrible as I've been led to believe. :)

One caveat though: the guy I know who runs ACDelco batteries notices they just die on you on the spot. He didn't have any prior warning that his 4-year-old battery was about to go. No hard-starting or delayed ignition, it just up and died.
  • With the Motolites i usually notice hard starting when the battery is about to go bye-bye...
  • summit012summit012 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Outlast
    you'll never go wrong.
  • My car came with a Motolite battery when I bought it in April 2005.

June 2007, ayaw na mag-start ng kotse ko. Naubusan na ng battery. Ang pinakamalapit na battery store is Outlast so yun ang binili ko.

August 2008, ayaw na ulit mag-start ng kotse ko. Pina-check ko sa Honda. Battery daw ang problema. Kailangan papalitan. Dinala ko dun sa Outlast outlet sa Las Pinas kung saan ko binili yung battery since under warranty pa. Hindi daw battery ang problema. Binalik ko ulit sa Honda (ibang branch naman). Battery nga daw kailangan palitan. So bumalik ulit ako sa Outlast and sinabi ko na 2x ko na itong dinala sa Honda and same diagnosis. Ayaw pa rin nila maniwala. Sabi ko palitan na nila dahil under warranty naman and 3x na ako namamatayan. Ang tagal-tagal mag-decide nung lalake sa Outlast. To think 7PM pasado na, buntis pa ako, umaambon-ambon pa. Tapos sinabi na nya na wala daw silang pampalit ng battery ko kasi naubusan sila ng stock. Tamang-tama, ayaw na talaga mag-start ng kotse ko nung dinala ko dun. So ang ginawa eh pinalitan ng brand new and nagbayad ako ng P1K.

Bottomline: Babalik ulit ako sa Motolite. Meron pa silang 24-hour delivery na pwedeng tawagan.
  • used ac-delco on my EK before no problems...on my FD motolite so far...
  • go for outlast battery.