Home PEx Campus University of Santo Tomas
Are you a pageant expert? Join the PEx Miss Universe Quiz Night on May 16!

UST Nursing...

Theres a humor that by next school year "some"(not all) nursing students will use Letran campus, but only for those who will be 1st - 2nd year college then will go back again in UST for they 3rd and last year of studying?? please give comments or your oppinions..

Comments

• markfroilanmarkfroilan 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    maliit ang San martin de porres bldg housing 3 colleges, Rehab sci, med, nur. kung totoo man ito shucks bat ayaw pa mag expand ng USTe espanya wide
  • coloradocolorado PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Malaki naman ang facilities ng Medicine Building, may classrooms/ research center pa sa Medicine Annex kung saan nag-klaklase yung mga Nursing/PT/OT (sa itaas ng charity hospital).

Pero okay lang. Para kumonti sa Medicine bldg. Dominated naman kasi ng mga Nursing ang St. Martin de Porres pati yung Med Cafe.

:lol:
    I took up nursing for a yr before i shifted to fine arts(i didnt know a year after that nursing would boom worldwide) and in some ways more than once i felt inferior to medicine students inside med cafe wen i buy waffle sticks and gulaman back then. their was something engleeeeissh with the way med students talked as opposed to "hoy pare" the way my barkadas name call. la lang

i kinda miss the building and the cadavers
  • ReiiiReiii PEx Rookie ⭐
    wow. if it's true, i wouldn't mind at all... not.

The thing is, our prof in zoo lab told us that there's also a rumor that the grade school building. will be ours soon.

Take note, it's only a rumor.
  • I hope this rumor would remain a rumor.

For one thing, it's unfair to the parents and students, who paid expensive tuition and fees. They enrolled in UST and expect to use UST's facilities---not those of another school.

Why can't UST just expand if there's a need for more space? I'm sure the university has more than enough financial resources to construct a new building or add a new wing or something.

Please, UST Nursing is meant to be taught and experienced in UST. Not in another campus.
  • colorado wrote: »
    Malaki naman ang facilities ng Medicine Building, may classrooms/ research center pa sa Medicine Annex kung saan nag-klaklase yung mga Nursing/PT/OT (sa itaas ng charity hospital).

Pero okay lang. Para kumonti sa Medicine bldg. Dominated naman kasi ng mga Nursing ang St. Martin de Porres pati yung Med Cafe.

:lol:

Of course the San Martin de Porres Bldg is dominated by Nursing students, imagine 10-11 sections in the first year alone.
    I took up nursing for a yr before i shifted to fine arts(i didnt know a year after that nursing would boom worldwide) and in some ways more than once i felt inferior to medicine students inside med cafe wen i buy waffle sticks and gulaman back then. their was something engleeeeissh with the way med students talked as opposed to "hoy pare" the way my barkadas name call. la lang

i kinda miss the building and the cadavers

There was a time, I think I was in 3rd yr, that Nursing students were banned in the cafeteria. Siyempre di pumyag ang student body, nag protesta kami. Who's LOL now. :lol:
    ^^hehe, oo nga e. may cuz ako nag uerm siya and sa laki ng influx ng nursing nag nclex siya abroad, ayun pasado din.

ngaun balita ko mga crema de fruta na ng high school lang ang nakakapasok sa UST nursing, mga valedict... at saluto.... na lang ang talagang nakakapasok sa higpit ng selectivity as opposed to the available facilities na meron ngaun ang UST.

ung grade school nga daw diba i heard na tatanggalin na ng UST, can some one verify this?thx
  • RyusukeRyusuke PEx Rookie ⭐
    Letran's rector now is Fr. Tamerlane Lana O.P. (UST's former rector). Ok lang naman na sa Letran ung 1st to 2nd year ng nursing ng UST kasi sister school naman eh and besides parehas lang ang nagaadminister eh, Dominicans... Take note walang nursing course sa Letran, but I think Letran facilities is also like facilities in UST kaya theres nothing wrong.. di naman all nursing students ehh, siguro ung hindi lang nakapasa sa quota.. Isa lang naman un eh, take the risk or enroll with others schools..
  • ^^hehe, oo nga e. may cuz ako nag uerm siya and sa laki ng influx ng nursing nag nclex siya abroad, ayun pasado din.

ngaun balita ko mga crema de fruta na ng high school lang ang nakakapasok sa UST nursing, mga valedict... at saluto.... na lang ang talagang nakakapasok sa higpit ng selectivity as opposed to the available facilities na meron ngaun ang UST.

ung grade school nga daw diba i heard na tatanggalin na ng UST, can some one verify this?thx

This is very true. Nung mid 90s, very in-demand sa abroad ang PT kaya everyone's taking it (I passed the entrance test for PT pero yoko talaga neto, pinilit lang ako ng parents ko that's why I landed in Nursing, basta long story). Yung mga nag take ng Nursing nun puro mga 3rd choice lang talaga na walang interest sa healthcare yung mga di pumasa ng Commerce, Eng'g, Archi, etc. Pero by the time we graduated yr 2000, Nursing started to boom again.

Ngayon naman, lahat ng nag-eenrol or nag aaply for UST Nursing puro 1st choice at came from di basta basta na HS, mga valedictorian ng mga top HS sa Manila and from high key families, mga anak ng mga top doctors, generals and even local politicians.
  • I still don't see the logic as to why the first two years would have to be spent in Letran. The parents and students are being seriously shortchanged if this does come into fruition and if I were a parent, I'd be up in arms, protesting such a silly move.

I truly hope this rumor will remain a rumor.
  • Ashlars wrote: »
    I still don't see the logic as to why the first two years would have to be spent in Letran. The parents and students are being seriously shortchanged if this does come into fruition and if I were a parent, I'd be up in arms, protesting such a silly move.

I truly hope this rumor will remain a rumor.

Im verifying this info from my classmate who is now a professor at the college. So, until confirmed, this will just be mere speculations.
  • RyusukeRyusuke PEx Rookie ⭐
    AFAIK, they will just use the facilities of Letran but they are enrolled in UST... ^_^...
  • ^^

Now that's just plain stupid.

No disrespect, but why would UST need to use Letran's facilities in the first place?

I think Fr. Lana, OP is just pushing this "sister school thing" with UST uncomfortably too far. He's probably forgetting that he used to be the UST rector. Operative words: USED TO BE.
  • feeling ko parang ginagawang ala La Salle-CSB ang Letran...
  • clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Ashlars wrote: »
    ^^

Now that's just plain stupid.

No disrespect, but why would UST need to use Letran's facilities in the first place?

I think Fr. Lana, OP is just pushing this "sister school thing" with UST uncomfortably too far. He's probably forgetting that he used to be the UST rector. Operative words: USED TO BE.

I agree about Thomasians supposedly paying Thomasian tuition fees should use Thomasian facility not the affiliate.

It should be Letran's pre nursing courses instead of UST Nursing.