Home PEx Hobbies Cars and Motoring

Inconsiderate car owners of LSGH

Has anybody here experienced being stuck in traffic in this area practically the whole day? These drivers occupy 3 out of the four lanes of the west bound (to Manila) side of Ortigas fronting LaSalle Greenhills.

2urwc8y.jpg

Comments

• the_BuGsthe_BuGs PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    pag patak ng alas tres yan ang kalsada na iniiwasan ko nuong nasa Pinas pa... grabe mga school bus at yung mga driver ng mga sasakyan na sumusundo sa mga anak nila....
  • Count me in.

I don't frequent Greenhills because I know exactly what to expect as soon as I cross EDSA while driving along Ortigas.
  • Aranda_BayAranda_Bay PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Meron pa kamong 3-4 MMDA traffic personnel doon directing traffic AND ALLOWING CARS TO WAIT at the 3 out of the 4 lanes. Para silang watch your car boys na hinuhulgan ng barya. :grrr:

La Salle Greenhills. Grooming your kids to be future @ssholes.
  • wag ka lang dadaan dun pag pasukan or uwian time... pero usually maluwag naman dun pag ibang oras.

and at least dyan 1 block lang yung traffic, sa la salle green hills lang.... yung mga buses sa edsa... halos buong edsa traffic dahil sa mga walang disiplinang bus driver....
    Lunch time congested din dun. Uwian ng mga halfday and yung mga drivers nagdadala ng lunch kasama mga yaya.

Mga anak/apo yata ni Bayani doon nag aaral kaya may MMDA parking assistance doon eh.
  • markfroilanmarkfroilan 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    you cant blame their 1:1 student car ratio. The LSGH brothers should consider renting a lot nearby or creating their own fly over or fly under(if there is a term) road specifically erected for them lang.

btw poveda also creates gridlock pag uwian ng mga chikiting sa rob.
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    "Mga anak/apo yata ni Bayani doon nag aaral kaya may MMDA parking assistance doon eh."

lolol. I'd like to think that some of the parents are bigwigs na malakas ang bigay sa mga mmda pagka holidays.

but yeah. lasalle greenhills... wala talagang parking dun eh. and that is one of the places you just have to avoid pag schooldays.
  • markfroilanmarkfroilan 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    dapat gayahin nila ung exit underground ng megamall sa harap, la lang. bale ipa kanan lahat ng sasakyan na susundo sa galleria then may u turn slot sa may meralco avenue tos may merging lane na tatawid ng edsa pailalim patungo sa harapang ilalim ng lsgh campus,,,,la lang imahinasyon lang.:rotflmao:
  • grayegcivicgrayegcivic PEx Rookie ⭐
    the_BuGs wrote: »
    pag patak ng alas tres yan ang kalsada na iniiwasan ko nuong nasa Pinas pa... grabe mga school bus at yung mga driver ng mga sasakyan na sumusundo sa mga anak nila....

Amen.. I used to work not too far away when I was back home, those ***** park wherever they want!! A**holes!!
  • Actually the traffic is bad in that area even on Saturday mornings. I remember having to go to a badminton tourney in GSC last year, so I had to pass through LSGH. The moment I finished crossing EDSA I was flanked left and right by cars, most of which were bound for LSGH.

Ewan, baka natyempo ko lang na may school event nung Sabado.
    It actually defeats the purpose of the left turn flyover ramp from EDSA.

Their parents should teach these kids how to commute. It builds character.
  • luks7210luks7210 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^^ takot mga magulang sa kidnapping. :D Anyway, schoolbus na lang. Papasok sa campus yung schoolbus para iwas traffic.
  • I went to high school in Greenhills, and my drive to school would coincide with the bottlenecking that occurs in front of LSGH every morning and afternoon. I actually thought it wasn't *that* bad. Taking Ortigas Ave. with the traffic is still a lot quicker than EDSA when going to/from Greenhills.
  • rationalrational PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Alam niyo, anag mga salarin diyan ay yung mga tsuper noong mga bata. I'm sure hindi alam ng mga magulang yung katarantaduhan na ginagawa ng mga driver nila. Parang yung mga driver na natutulog sa loob ng kotse habang nakapark at buhay ang aircon.

Problema din yan sa DLSU - Taft dati. Ano ginawa? Pinaghuhuli ng pulis yung mga nakaparada sa labas. Problem solved for now pero coming back ang bastos. Dapat hulihin ulit.
    Nagtataka lang ako, bakit hindi ini-enforce ni Bayani ang "Pink Lanes" nya dito? Ang pinag iinitan nya sa mga pink lanes nya eh yung mga deppressed areas.
  • Aaaaah... I was a teacher here. Traffic then was bad.

I never thought it never really hasn't changed.

Just last week (Friday 3:30 PM), I went to Gilmore to buy a pc monitor. Coming from Makati, I decided to take the route at Greenhills.

What could have been a 30 minute drive took me an eternity.
  • Amen.. I used to work not too far away when I was back home, those ***** park wherever they want!! A**holes!!

Don't say such bad words... baka lunukin mo yan pag nagkataon na dun mag aral yung mga anak mo.... just be considerate... sympre they are just protecting their children. And hinde lang naman dun nangyayari ang trafic pag pasukan or uwian.
  • It all boils down to zero urban planning when Metro Manila was first developed decades past. It's not just schools but other types of establishments that are not properly zoned especially where vehicular traffic is at its heaviest. Witness how any tycoon can build a mall just about anywhere in the Metro just because he can afford it---with no due consideration to the traffic congestion it will cause, if not aggravate what is already 'hell' in the first place. (Actually, it's the other way around. These capitalists will build malls where there is already horrendous traffic to ensure their business will profit.)

Alas, it's too late for Metro Manila to become world class in terms of orderliness, efficiency in mass transportation, and attractiveness. Unless the whole damn place is levelled off and rebuilding is done. Of course, that will never happen.
  • Best thing to do is iwasan yan during 7-9AM and during 3-5PM matrapik talaga kasi pasukan at labasan.
  • I used to drop off and fetch my younger bro there. In the morning i make sure we go before 6:30 AM and i drop him off on the opposite lane (F1 Style... ala stop and go penalty). When i fetch him, i come a bit later then the usual pick-up time and i go que to go inside the driveway (and he has to be waiting for me once i get there or i leave him behind).

Good thing i lived near my school back in GS-HS-College. I would just walk and only take a car when needed. :)

Maybe LSGH should do some more brainstorming with the MMDA on improving traffic (in fact, all major schools should do that on a regular basis... maybe they can come up with a better solution).