Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

Valentine's day question

The "day" falls on a Thursday. I'm with my bf for a year now and this is our 1st valentine's together. He asked me a while ago if I want to celebrate valentine's on the day itself or sa weekend na lang daw. Sabi nya madami daw tao sa labas on the "day" itself, so he was leaning towards celebrating valentines on the weekend. Parang feeling ko tuloy di special. He hasn't planned anything yet. Am I right to feel this way?

Comments

• purpleheadd07purpleheadd07 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    kahit anong araw basta meron. buti ka nga may date eh :glee:
  • it's not the "day" that makes it special. it's the person you're with that makes it memorable.

would you love him less if you didn't celebrate it on the day itself?
  • Even birthday celebrations get moved to weekends... It doesn't really matter if the actual celebration is on the weekend after Valentine's, but if it's "that" special to you, maybe you can agree to move the date AND still do something special and romantic on Valentine's, like dinner at home or something.
  • csmarycsmary PEx Rookie ⭐
    para sa akin kung anong day tumama ang valentines, doon kami mag celebrate. once a year lang yan so make an effort for that special day. unless may emergency, no excuses whatsoever
  • Mabute na lng Thursday d2 eh weekend! pero... ur entitled to what u are feeling... just talk to him and compromise! :D
  • haha cyempre iba pa rin talaga kapag 14. There's a special meaning when you put away your daily work for just one day to spend time with your partner :D

ako rin ksi parang nwwla talaga meaning pag hindi 14. Parang you just go out when its convenient...
  • soltera81soltera81 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Eto lang ha- When you have a special someone, you make each other feel really special every day, and it's not only a role for your bf, you should also make an effort. Valentine's Day is so commercialized. You just don't celebrate romance in in a particular day. At may point ang bf mo, nawawala yung essence ng loving dahil sa dami ng taong lumalabas sa araw na yun. Bakit kailangang makipagsabayan?

You can talk to your bf about what you're feeling. Pero sana intindihin mo yung reasons nya which to me makes more sense that what the media and the businessmen want us to believe. :)
  • i agree with them na it's not much about the date... tiyaka may monthsary pa naman kayo diba? well if you really intend to go out on that date, siguro it's the place where you'll be spending your time together. meron namang mga romantic places dito sa'ten na hindi masyadong nadadayo ng iba... at least mas magkakaron kayo ng intimacy & less conscious to savor your moment together.
  • i think it's better to celebarate valentine's day on the weekend. you have ample time to be with one another (sat or sun is usually a day's off -- work or school).
  • bbbbbbbbbbbb PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i agree with them na it's not much about the date... tiyaka may monthsary pa naman kayo diba? well if you really intend to go out on that date, siguro it's the place where you'll be spending your time together. meron namang mga romantic places dito sa'ten na hindi masyadong nadadayo ng iba... at least mas magkakaron kayo ng intimacy & less conscious to savor your moment together.

fully booked na mga yan ngayon pa lang :D :glee:
  • uu nga makes sense to celebrate valentine's sa weekend this year - after pa ng sweldo ;)

we've had a few memorable valentines, my SO and I - meron me pa-flowers-flowers pa siya (pa-impress hehe), meron may away, meron na magkahiwalay, meron na wala lang parang dineadma na valentine's

pinakapangit na magkahiwalay so everyday kasama ko siya matters more than anything else naks!

this year? punta kami bday ng barkada, inom konti siguro, kung me manokkers pwede rin then bahay and ehem-ehem! *okay*
  • csmarycsmary PEx Rookie ⭐
    a ako basta sa 14th ang date or else :flog: :argue:

me, moi, - marife is astig hehe
  • aajaoaajao Moderator PEx Moderator
    to the threadstarter: nagiging praktikal lang yung boypren mo. di mo na sya mamahalin pag di kayo lumabas ng 14th? :hmm:
  • thanks for all the feedback! we are going out to celebrate on Thursday. He asked me ..so I said Thursday :)
  • ^^have u made reservations?

are u ready for the traffic?

me contingency plans ba kayo?

be prepared for anything!!!

and enjoy, of course ahehe
  • valentines need not be on the 14th of feb itself...you should always atleast treat everyday as valentines day :D

i know the girls here would agree diba? feb 14th is the official, pero is this the only time na bibili ka ng chocolates and flowers para bigay mo sa bf/gf mo?

regardless of the day that valentines falls, you can still make the most out of in whether you celebrate it on the day itself or on the weekend, it shouldn't matter just as long as you two are still together

just my two cents! :D
  • TS, huway kang pumayag sa bf mong lazy puro excuses. :glee:

V-day lang di pa mag 'sakrificio'. Palitan mo na yang bf mo. hehe
  • Be thankful you have a bf today hahahah :)

Happy Valentines Day everyone - everyday should be Valentines :)

I'm not an average girl so I wouldn't have minded celebrating on the weekend - since we both work and all - and also I requested he not buy me roses - sayang lang kc pera hahahaha Swarovski necklace nalang ulit hahaha sabay ganon noh :)
  • Valentines day or not, the thought that you have someone who loves you is more than enough.

Kaya maraming singles ngayon, meron na ngang bf/gf kung ano ano pa dinidemand.

And mind you, di lang responsibility ng guy ang mag plan ng valentines day celebration.

Girls should somehow get out of their way to make the guy feels special.
  • soltera81soltera81 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    10spro, so natuloy pa rin kayo ng the day itself. how was the date?