Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

America's Best Dance Crew!!!!

HEY PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR FELLOW KABABAYANS!!!

PHIL TAYAG AND CHRIS GATDULA ARE IN THE SHOW IN THE DANCE CREW JABBAWOCKEEZ!!!!

jabbaABDC.jpg

Here is their audition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSM8tADqXtU

hahaha i just had to comment...when raymond said BROTHER..it reminded me of American Idol "I AM YOUR BROTHER!" hahahah!

here's the premeire performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSM8tADqXtU

they were suppose to saved in the first part of the show, but they weren't saved right away..they got saved and advanced to next week's show during the last part of the show! *sighs* they are ORIGINAL and CREATIVE! all the other dance crews minus KABA MODERN were all right to me!

PLEASE SUPPORT JABBAWOCKEEZ!!!

Comments

• KABA MODERN FTW!

BTW, Kaba Modern actually originates from a Filipino Club (Kababayan) in UCI (Univeristy of Cali, Irvine). In fact, it's a huge dance group, and there's a lot of Filipinos in it. But the group decided to go with the 3 boys and 3 girls. There were supposed to be 2 Filipinos performing with the group, but they had other responsibilities.

:)
  • "Kaba Modern is a street dance group established in 1992 by a group of Kababayans at the University of California in Irvine, originally to perform at their Pilipino Culture Night. Since then, the group's legacy has lived on, first and foremost as a family, embracing different styles and aspects of dance, creating quite a name for themselves as one of Southern California's most cutting edge dance groups.

As our family grew, so did our need to express our art to a broader spectrum of audience, taking our performances out as far as the Bay Area and down to San Diego.

Kaba Modern's dedication to dance and to each other help create a unique energy that shines on stage and off, providing them with the charisma that they are so well known for. Each year's team is full of new faces adding new dynamics to the team as never seen before...

Often imitated, never duplicated...UCI's very own Kaba Modern."

kba.jpg
  • KABA AND JABBA FTW!! either or for me!!

but since i know more JABBA folks than KABA folks I'm trying to help out JABBA more..seeing as KABA is obviously a FAN FAVORITE as well as a judges favorite! SOO IM GOING FOR JABBA! SORRY! hahaha!
  • I like the Jabbawockees, but I'm all for Kaba Modern!

l_063871a7642e7447c315706411da9ca7.jpg

modern.jpg

mtv-1.jpg
  • Still only on it's 4th episode...

Another Filipino talent(s) rockin' the show!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jabbawockeez havin a blast on the dance floor!
    *okay*

watch the episodes online:
    http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/dance_crew/videos.jhtml
  • jaypogijaypogi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    actually Kaba Modern is a filipino group.

KABA - means KABABAYAN.

I think they are from Irvine CA

pero mga korean lang ang pinag represent nila, kasi panget na siguro kung pinoy against pinoy. hehehe.. di na "America's" best dance crew.

and btw, Jabbawockeez are in the movie STEP UP 2. :D

I want "Coy" from Fish N Chicks, she's pretty.

Prediction: Status Quo are going home this week. :D
  • hahaha mga pinoys pala yun???
    they look very korean/viet/chinese... unlike the jabbas... very pinoy yung apilido tsaka itsura.
    hahaha!

i want breaksk8 to be booted out next.
    daya. mga naka skates.

the judges need to be more spontaneous with their comments...
    sila lang ata nakita ko na tumitingin pa sa notes habang nag sasalita...
    either they make up their own comments
    or they can't remember their lines from the script(ndi naman siguro).
  • ^

Actually, the 6 members of Kaba Modern that we see on ABDC are not Filipinos. Kaba Modern is actually a really big group of dancers, and those 6 boys and girls only represent Kaba in the competition.

If you check their videos on Youtube, you'll see the whole group performing.

Kaba Modern was created by the Kababayan Student Association in UCI about 10 years ago. Since then, different races have joined the group, which is why you see a lot of Viets, Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, even Hispanics and African Americans are part of Kaba.

Jabba and Kaba ftw!
  • im rooting for jabba and kaba toO! good thing may thread na nito sa pex.. akala ko ako lang nanonood.. T_T
  • ^

Actually, the 6 members of Kaba Modern that we see on ABDC are not Filipinos. Kaba Modern is actually a really big group of dancers, and those 6 boys and girls only represent Kaba in the competition.

If you check their videos on Youtube, you'll see the whole group performing.

Kaba Modern was created by the Kababayan Student Association in UCI about 10 years ago. Since then, different races have joined the group, which is why you see a lot of Viets, Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, even Hispanics and African Americans are part of Kaba.

Jabba and Kaba ftw!
    thanks for the info...

kaya pala most of the audience in the show are filipinos or asians.*okay*

kala ko puros oriental mga students sa uci.
    kudos to the filipinos who formed the group and expanded their membership beyond nationality.

so wala bang puti na member ang kaba modern?
    hehe:confused:
  • im rooting for jabba and kaba toO! good thing may thread na nito sa pex.. akala ko ako lang nanonood.. T_T

akala ko ako lang din nanonood...
    but what the heck... i took the chance and made a thread...
    bakasakaling may iba pang creatures na nanonood din nito...
    i suppose ndi pa to pinapalabas sa pinas?
  • jaypogijaypogi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Dito sa California, maraming mga pinoy hiphop dancers, halos lahat ng schools na alam ko dito sa San Diego, ay may mga grupo na sumasayaw.
  • http://www.kabamodern.com/
    kaba modern website

I LOVE TONY TRAN!!!!!! hehe

oh and not all the members of jabbawockeez are filipino. only about 3 are filipino. one black and the other 2 are of other asian decent. i think vietnamese and chinese

did you know the SOP boys of GMA copied Jabbawockeez?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsxRC0dmjaQ
  • HOLY CRAP! Move after move! :wow:
  • Rom_YJ_GoldRom_YJ_Gold PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Jabba all the way!!!

;)
  • so ginaya na pala ng sopboys yung isang routine ng jabba...
    well... what can you expect... next thing you know meron ng Philippines' Best dance crew.:rotflmao:
  • clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I was about to make a thread for this one. :)

You beat me to it but anyway, I like both groups.

Kaba Modern (Group that came from UCI) is good with isolations. Mapitik din ang mga movements nila. They look Koreans to me but it doesn't matter if they're founded by Pinoys. They are simply good.

Jabbawokeez are equally good as well. The masks adds charm to them. They have great showmanship that the Kaba group somewhat lacks. What I can see them lacking is energy, their transition is somewhat slow but still awesome.

Tonight's episode was a downer. Fish N chicks did better than Break Skate. But both of them must go. It was unfortunate that the judges didn't pick the Fishies.

Next to go, either the Boston group (Status Quo) or Break Sk8. Break Sk8 might get it. They'll be doing Broadway music next week.

Both Cali groups will surely bring it, they have great moves and showmanship. They can entertain, not just dance.

Status Quo's acrobatics just doesn't jive in well with their music. Their better off with a cheer squad.

Break Sk8 can only have so many music they can dance well into. They don't dance well. Makalat.
  • Kaba and Jabba MADE ME WANT TO CRY! Not really, but they were really good...in different ways. Iba yung style nila, sorta the same, but not really.

:handsdown:
  • it proves that asians are more creative =)
  • clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ to base it on that dance competition yes.

To put it as your generalization, I don't think so.