Home PEx Business and Careers Banking and Finance
Discuss your bets and predictions on who will be the next Miss Universe. 👑

The Philippine Banking and Financial System (Ideas, Opinions, Rants)

edited March 2019 in Banking and Finance
Hello there! I work for a particular bank and I'm tasked to seek new ways and means to improve our products and services. Based on the discussions here in PI&MM, I am certain that most participants here have a grand idea or 2 on how banks should be in the future. Care to share your thoughts on-line? You may also post links to news or articles under similar light. Thanks!

Comments

• cretinous00cretinous00 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    first, list down all the high-yield loans you can think of. here're some:

salary loans 18%-22% pa
    direct housing loan 13%-18% pa
    CTS financing > 14% pa
    credit cards > 36% pa
    SME business loans 9% to 16% (depending on security and reciprocal business)

now how can you keep WAIR low thereby maximize spread? ways are:

1. don't offer long-tenor TDs. instead offer competitive rates for savings accounts
    2. require a high ADB (into checking account) of your corporate borrowers.
    3. make full use of specially funded loans so you don't have to raise cash for big corporate loan applications.
    4. don't offer high-yield TDs to your 'preferred depositors'. instead, offer them low-interest loans.
    5. have your depositors buy more dollars.
  • first, list down all the high-yield loans you can think of. here're some:

5. have your depositors buy more dollars.

is this good to do with the dollar going down?
    patak-patak lang. economists say it will bottom/reverse by mid-year when a whole load of dollar-denominated bonds will mature and the gov't suddenly has a whopping need for dollars.
  • I am a believer of the LONG TERM DOLLAR DECLINE. It will bounce cause a lot of people are already SHORT US Dollars, they have to cover those at some point and that will be the bounce. But no! We should sell Dollars on the bounce. The Dollar will go the path of the British Pound when it was the world reserve currency. 80% drop from top to bottom! The US is very very over-leveraged and they are printing and flooding the world of dollars and creating so much inflation.
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    where did you get the fact that they're PRINTING moar bills?
    i really never heard that elsewhere but from you.

u making stories up?
  • ^^No you are very ignorant :lol:

Didn't you know that we have a FIAT MONEY SYSTEM. In a fiat money system the central bank can continue to create money as much as it wants and as much as it needs :lol: Don't tell me you believe that our money is backed by gold :lol:
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_money

READ THAT! Tapos bumalik ka dito para naman maging may-kweatang kausap ka naman!
  • business_guybusiness_guy PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Oops.... Awayan na ito. To give my personal idea about this topic - I think banks has to improve it's alternative channels when it comes to banking. Though there are few local banks in the country are doing this so-called 'modern day banking.' About the Dollar issues, I think it is still unwise to sell your Dollars to Philippine Peso. Financial analysts are very positive about Peso will reach like P38.50=$1, but I still believe that in a few years time, Peso will drop again its value to P50.00 (lol)....
  • Hindi po away yun. I was just appalled that someone here is saying that I am making things up when he is disputing a well known FACT. (That we are in fiat moeny system, and money is created out of credit which is unlimited). Lumabas lang ignorance nya.
  • I don't know about you guys but I love listening to expert advice. :D
  • tuvwxyztuvwxyz PEx Rookie ⭐
    where did you get the fact that they're PRINTING moar bills?
    i really never heard that elsewhere but from you.

u making stories up?

I also want to know. Is the Fed presently printing bills excessively and allowing excessive money creation in the fractional reserve banking system to the point of causing hyperinflation ("so much inflation")?
  • ^^ If they don't stop what they are doing right now bailing out people and bailing Wall Street for their excesses then yes we will have massive inflation. They should not be cutting rates they should be raising rates!
    "Hindi po away yun. I was just appalled that someone here is saying that I am making things up when he is disputing a well known FACT. (That we are in fiat moeny system, and money is created out of credit which is unlimited). Lumabas lang ignorance nya."

Lmaos. i am clearly aware that moneys are printed by the central bank. however, i refuse to believe that the US is purposely printing out MORE THAN what is needed. and nowhere in that wiki article you link'd says anything to back your claim up.

by your logic, every other country in the world too is printing more money than what they need.

quit hiding behind wiki links and GIVE ME A LINK TO a credible interwebzite, please. :)

oh wait, you can't.
    LOLOLz

you == pwt.

Stop making moar stories up, please. :)

baka pag sinabi mo na. us feds are h4xing their accounts and giving itself moar money "digitally" e naniwala pa ako sayu. LoLs.

again quit while you're ahead mr rogers. Go back to your neighborhood,
  • Well obviously you are not aware of recent events. Sarap ka siguro ka trade ng forex, dali kang pagkakitan with the way na you don't believe that the Fed is creating so much inflation and you believe in your almighty dollar :lol: I love ignorants they make me so much money :lol:

The fact they are bailing people out by printing new dollars to save people from losing their home, to keep them spending to boost the economy is madness. US is in a budget deficit they don't have the money so they are obviously printing it out of thin air to bring that money. I am only talking about the US here. The ECB is acting more responsibly but they too are pumping liquidity that is unnecessary just to ease credit markets.

I urge people to divest into gold and commodities. With the global credit crunch the central banks of the world can only print as the weapon of choice to inflate. It might work in the short run but in the long run its not going to work.... Debasing a currency (Weimar Germany of 1920's, and present day Zimbabwe come into mind) has never worked and WILL NEVER WORK.
    again mr rogers, back it up with actual articles. and not make up stories to make you feel like the winner. "sarap ka ka trade sa forex" lmao... dyan ka magaling eh. sa pag imbento ng kwento. kaya nga tawag ko sayo is Mister Rogers na.

:)

"it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood
    a beautiful day in the neighborhood
    would you be my?
    can you be my... neighbor...

"

FredRogers_GoldSweater.jpg
    fred-rogers-songs-from-the-neighborhood.jpg
  • ^^Well you have to be quite shallow to not believe that they are printing excessively. Again the government will never admit they are printing excessively (why would they that will cause a lost in confidence), the stock markets and commodity markets are telling us that they are printing excessively though! The dollar has fallen against all major currency this past few years. The commodity space has rocketed through the roof. Gold is in an all time high, Oil is near highs, soft commodities are skyrocketing. I mean what proof do you still need? The markets are the best indicator of whats going on around not the government. The government always manipulates things to look good. If you're still not convince then I think I better call you IGNORAMUS. :lol: By the way dyan ka naman magaling eh by not knowing what really is going on! :lol: Hay nako I don't have time for people like you who don't know about markets and don't know about money and the economy! You're a waste of my time Mr. Ignoramus :lol:

O sige para naman ma satisfy ka since makitid utak mo! (pasensya na kung luma yung article pero it drives to the point. and no its not a government article since as I said the government will never say that they are causing inflation)

http://www.safehaven.com/article-4152.htm

In the article Gold was $500. Right now its $900 :lol: and that was like 2.5 years ago :lol:

Oh by the way, the US government is again in a budget deficit now much bigger than ever. Signs that they will run the printing presses again!
    http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080212/monthly_budget.html
    "The Fed is cheapening the dollar and helping fuel inflation through this increase in the money supply. Inflation is caused by too much money in the economy much more than it is by too much demand. It isn't China's fault that the goods on the grocery store shelves are going up, it's the fault of the Federal Reserve."

Yan... e kung magbigay ka ng link dati pa e di naging pani paniwala ka na. :)
    I think you guys should stop pretending to understand the US' current account deficit. the solution to the current problem goes far beyond simply printing more Dollars.
    ^ i think you should change 'you guys" to just tidus. :)
  • akala ko naman marami kayong ideas for the banking industry....