Community Tax Certificate(Cedula) 50 pesos na..

BingoWingoBingoWingo Architect and RN PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
I just want to put a rant on a recent document that I need to get because of notarial purposes..

I went to get a cedula(comunity tax certificate) for notarial purposes, and I was surprised that the price of cedulas went up from 5 pesos to that of 50 pesos. Considering I am a student and need to just get it for notarial purposes, I was surprised at the sudden increase of this piece of paper which is used for documentation purposes.

Is this a sign that the government is that desperate to get more revenues and that even the basic cedula has been jacked off a 1,000 percent increase from 5 pesos to 50 pesos? I would not be surprised if in the coming months we would see even our taxes go up as well, as this is a sign that they are desperate to get more money from us taxpayers.

Comments

• MeFan_YouJaneMeFan_YouJane WhoYou? PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Me thinks na-denggoy ka. Last time I checked, 5 pesos pa rin ang basic, and kakukuha ko lang sa Cainta. Makikita rin ito dun sa form itself, na P5 ang minimum.

Baka naman sa sidewalk ka lang kumuha? Alam ko maraming "colorum" ang naglipana lalo na malapit sa mga Gov't offices. 'Yung P45 tubo nila yon, and siyempre may share 'yung supplier nung form from the government/munisipyo.
  • Ice BurnIce Burn Conflicting Karma PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It's suppose to be basic P5 but can go up to P50 maximum. My husband (a foreigner) had to pay P50 because he's a foreigner, while the old lady before us paid P5 (senior citizen). I believe there's information at the back of the paper on what the added fees are for.
  • *partygirl**partygirl* work hard,party harder! PExer
    it's still 5 pesos. *partygirl*
  • MeFan_YouJaneMeFan_YouJane WhoYou? PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Ice Burn wrote: »
    It's suppose to be basic P5 but can go up to P50 maximum. My husband (a foreigner) had to pay P50 because he's a foreigner, while the old lady before us paid P5 (senior citizen). I believe there's information at the back of the paper on what the added fees are for.

Just to clarify:

Actually the maximum it can go is P5,005.

Basic is P5.00

Additional P1 for every P1,000 income/gross receipt for businessmen/income from real property up to a maximum of P5,000

Pero P5.00 nga lang pag unemployed/no income, and this hasn't changed for the longest time.
  • Ice BurnIce Burn Conflicting Karma PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    The P50 maximum is for individuals, no businesses/property incomes involved...
  • BingoWingoBingoWingo Architect and RN PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    actually sa mismong business hall ako nagtanong, dito sa QC, hindi sa sidewalk...sa mayon branch kung saan ka pwede magbayad ng amilyar na rin. Office personnel nagsabi sa akin 50 pesos na(sa window 1), I was in my school uniform pa that time ah..umakyat na raw ang cedula since late 2007.

are you sure 5 pesos pa rin ito guys? kasi I would be going there later again and clarify. Obvious naman unemployed ako kasi nagaaral pa po ako...
  • BusilakBusilak Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Just paid mine (in Makati).

Basic is P5

Plus P1 per every P1,000 income (either from business, real estate or salary) but not exceeding P5,000.

So maximum is P5,005.
  • Darius03Darius03 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Busilak wrote: »
    Just paid mine (in Makati).

Basic is P5

Plus P1 per every P1,000 income (either from business, real estate or salary) but not exceeding P5,000.

So maximum is P5,005.

Amazing! Isn't a "cedula" simply a residence certificate? Then why is income being attached to it as calculation of its cost? Is the cost of driver's license being calculated the same way. i.e. there is a minimum cost plus additional bsed on how much is earned as a driver? Preposterous. Cedula is an identification document and should not be used as another form of taxation! :bop:

Maybe the cities should also charge additional for water and electricity, based on how much the user earns by using electricity or water in their business.

Or the celfone providers should also add cost based on how much is gained by using celfones.

Or the pen/pencill/ballpoint manufacturer should add extra cost if the pen is used to earn money.

Do you know how much an income of a person should be to be charged the maximum of P5,005? That's (5,000 x 1,000) P5,000,000!

National and local government should facilitate and help citizens to abide by the law with practically no cost to its citizens. What good is free health care, free education promises if the people will be required to do piles and piles of paper work and be charged exorbitantly? "To get your free cough medicine, you must fill in this form, that will be P5,000 for the forms, please.":rotflmao: :rotflmao:
  • BingoWingoBingoWingo Architect and RN PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    actually I just verified it with my parents...

There are some city treasurers office (like the one near my place in Mayon, QC) that they ask for a voluntary donation of 50 pesos...hence the 50 pesos charge, which is unfair. My mom told me buti na lang d pa niya sinusulat sa resibo yun name ko or else I would be charged 50 bucks. Question is, is this legal that they are asking for voluntary donation and the lowest is 50 pesos? Someone should take a look at this.

Ganon na ba kakorrupt ngayon with even the basic satellite offices, kanya kanyang racket na?
  • bier_trinkerbier_trinker Member PExer
    Ask ko lang. Pwede bang pekein ang CTC no? Kailangan ko lang naman para sa Notary Public. Ide-declare ko kasing nawala ang cellphone ko.

Para kasing useless ang sedula. Sequential number lang. Tapos tama ba na 1% ng annual income mo ang ibabayad mo para makakuha ng sedula.
  • RedbeDRedbeD Ibalik ang umay! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Any tax experts here?

I still don't get it why the cost of the cedula is based on one's income.

I already pay income taxes in the first place.

Bakit nga ba hindi nalang kasi gawing fixed ang amount ng cedula to be fair for everyone?
  • Gab_IvanGab_Ivan Member PExer
    income taxes = national government

community taxes = local/municipal government.

CT = Five Pesos (P5.00) plus an annual additional tax of One Pesos (P1.00) for every One Thousand Pesos (P1,000.00) pero not more than P5,000.00 ata.

AFAIK. :p
  • purpleheadd07purpleheadd07 Babae po ako PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    kaya nagiging estudyante ako pag kumukuha niya eh. :lol:
  • foxhound_23foxhound_23 nidsumluvin' PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    libre lang cedula samin galing sa baranggay
  • bier_trinkerbier_trinker Member PExer
    Di na ako kumuha ng sedula. hahaha. Ginamit ko na lang yung CTC no ng sedula ko last year. Tutal hindi naman major ang ipapa-notarize ko e. Affidavit of loss lang ng cellphone. Siguro kung bibili ako ng kotse or real estate e saka na ako kukuha ng valid na sedula. :) Sayang kasi yung babayaran ko para sa sedula. Merienda ko na rin.
  • waldnerwaldner Invictus PExer
    Community Tax Certificates or Cedula is no longer use for notarial purposes. Valid Government Issued I.D. na ang hinahanap ng mga legitimate na nagnonotaryo.
  • zarahj4zarahj4 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    kanina,nadaan ako sa city hall(baguio)since nandun na ako naisipan kong kumuha ng cedula,student ang nilagay ko dahil estudyante naman talaga ako since june last year,NO WORK po ako ngayon.tinanong ako kung ano work ko dati sabi ko OFW ako,umuwi ako last May 2012,aba ang siningil sa akin ay 335 pesoses dahil based daw sa previous na income.

till now medyo masama loob ko,tama ba yun bakit nila ibabase sa previous na income eh ngayon naman ako kumukuha,TAMA KAYA YUN O MAY SOMETHING AT NG MABALIKAN KO SILA,hehe
  • KG21KG21 Twolves 4ever PExer
    @^

Bakit tinatanong pa ba nila yan? tsaka name, address at birthdate lang ang kukunin nila syo tapos itatype lang nila yun sa cedula, tapos ok na...10 pesos lang ang bayad! :bop:
  • peternato9peternato9 Banned by Admin PExer
    pinagkakitaan ka!
    zarahj4 wrote: »
    kanina,nadaan ako sa city hall(baguio)since nandun na ako naisipan kong kumuha ng cedula,student ang nilagay ko dahil estudyante naman talaga ako since june last year,NO WORK po ako ngayon.tinanong ako kung ano work ko dati sabi ko OFW ako,umuwi ako last May 2012,aba ang siningil sa akin ay 335 pesoses dahil based daw sa previous na income.

till now medyo masama loob ko,tama ba yun bakit nila ibabase sa previous na income eh ngayon naman ako kumukuha,TAMA KAYA YUN O MAY SOMETHING AT NG MABALIKAN KO SILA,hehe
  • xctrekkerxctrekker Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Dapat i-scrap na yang cedula. It's a relic from our colonial past. Money-making scheme lang ng mga local govts yan. We should petition our legislators to finally scrap this. Wala kasing umaangal- lalo pa't ngayon na di na gingamit yan for notarial purposes. I will applaud the lawmaker who will propose the abolition of this relic. Kaysa mga walang kakwenta-kwentang mga batas (like renaming EDSA to Cory Aquino Ave) ang gawin nila, ito na lang.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file