Home PEx Campus The Academe

Just a Thought Experiment

cretinous00cretinous00 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
supposing we ask congress and DECS to lift the ban on college students with no specific degree program? Back in the 80s, this was known as BS General. This move shoud acommodate the kind of people i see here in PEX:

1. those who have to post here for advice on what course to take
2. those who have to post here for advice on which school to enroll in
3. those who want to shift because no one in their family or circle of friends was smart enough to advise him/her
4. those those who want to transfer to another school because no one in their family or circle of friends was smart enough to advise him/her
main features of the new BS General Program:

1. you can enroll into any subject you want provided you passed the prerequisite subject(s)
2. you will be charged the highest tuition fee bracket
3. you may drop out anytime (no returnees). the college/unversity will issue you a certificate of attendance and a list of all units earned.
4. you may use the above certificate as an aid when enrolling in a definite bachelors or even masteral program (colleges should be more open-mided)
5. the certificate will be an objective basis for consideration for employment. expand the PRC to define and set standards for all jobs. currently, the PRC regulates only jobs that require a minimum degree of competence in order to protect human life and property. that means 99% of the jobs in makati have no regulation whatsoever. people are hired over others for the most stupid reasons.
6. ban all academe threads that begin with "Which", "Where" and "Help".

Comments

• paenggoypaenggoy PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I can't recall this ban or the BS General proposal. I remember, though, that some schools used to offer an Associate in Arts while others just offered an AB in Liberal Arts or something similar with concentration in one field or another (several still do in terms of interdisciplinary studies, general science, etc.). Also, CHED has a required general education program for all tertiary schools.

I also discovered that some countries offer vocational and technical training either as an option after secondary school or as part of secondary school, and graduates often find that very helpful because it allows them to find work in many entry-level jobs that don't require a college education, ranging from sales to lab apprenticeship.

What I'd do is concentrate on strengthening pre-tertiary education and adding vocational training. That way, more people will receive some form of a liberal education and vocational training which will allow them to work right away without having to go to college. Of course, they can take further education or training with endorsement or even support from their employers and using their earnings.
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Why is Number 6 a feature of the program? :lol: