Black Nazarene of Quiapo

Aranda_BayAranda_Bay Banned by Admin PExer
Faith, devotion or blind tradition? Kung hindi siguro "nagbibiyaya" ang statwa walang pupunta dito? :confused:

Comments

• addiktaddikt ~DEATH GOD~ PExer
    The statue itself is an abomination according to the bible..so why are there so many devotees going there? is it because of blind faith?
  • pagan christian festivals are great for tourism. that masochist who keeps nailing himself to the cross every good friday sells lots of t shirts.
    tunay...isang malaking negosyo...
    pagan christian festivals are great for tourism. that masochist who keeps nailing himself to the cross every good friday sells lots of t shirts.

3 million people wearing black nazarene shirts took part in the processions earlier..wow...multiply even just half of that with a hundred pesos per shirt, hmmm...?

**2 people died due to this "panata"**
  • Ghost RiderGhost Rider Spirit of Vengeance PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yup, against nga sa turo ng Bibliya. may nagsasabi na spirit ang kinakausap nila sa rebulto, but seeing things like this, mukhang hindi ganun.

I respect them, catholic din ako, but for me, mali talaga, kahit sa mga santo. Yung rebulto na ang sinasamba nila, hindi ang Diyos.
    Yep you are right Ghost Rider, and yun sinabi mong excuse nila na spirit ang kinakausap nila?wala nga spirit yun mga statues na yun eh...so what's the use of those statues?
  • pollywogpollywog ...just because PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^...we were told in elementary (Religion subject), na statues are like pictures.

...that you keep a picture of your loved one in your wallet; yes it is only a piece of paper but your loved on is "in" that paper.
    well...do you hold processions for that picture?do you even place candles beside picture frames of your loved ones?would you risk your life just to parade the picture of your loved one?

Admit it its more than just simple remembering of the people represented by these statues...
  • SamLowrySamLowry James Randian PExer
    pollywog wrote: »
    ^...we were told in elementary (Religion subject), na statues are like pictures.

...that you keep a picture of your loved one in your wallet; yes it is only a piece of paper but your loved on is "in" that paper.

but do you have to touch that particular picture? kiss it for it to have the same effect? or would a reproduction or a digital jpg. copy do?

Would they go through all that trouble if for example, this year, a plastic replica would be paraded instead of the original?

It's Idolatry.
    SamLowry wrote: »
    but do you have to touch that particular picture? kiss it for it to have the same effect? or would a reproduction or a digital jpg. copy do?

Would they go through all that trouble if for example, this year, a plastic replica would be paraded instead of the original?

It's Idolatry.

wow di ko akalain magkakaron ng pagkakataon na nasa same side tayo hehe...:)
    Yup, against nga sa turo ng Bibliya. may nagsasabi na spirit ang kinakausap nila sa rebulto, but seeing things like this, mukhang hindi ganun.

I respect them, catholic din ako, but for me, mali talaga, kahit sa mga santo. Yung rebulto na ang sinasamba nila, hindi ang Diyos.

saludo ako sayo idol...

kaso baket catholic ka paden?mali pala gnagawa nyo?:confused:
  • AngAlamatAngAlamat create in me... PExer
    That is just an expression of their deepest love for Christ, who suffered and died on the cross to save us! Exception are those who just go there to sell items or just be seen!

:ghost:

I'm Not Perfect
  • brownwrapperbrownwrapper Member PExer
    addikt wrote: »
    saludo ako sayo idol...

kaso baket catholic ka paden?mali pala gnagawa nyo?:confused:

Catholic teachings, at least in our school, say that statues, rosaries, etc. are just there to remind us and/or to represent (to me, they just put faces to the names) saints and patrons. I would have to agree with Ghost Rider though. I would have to say it's only because of the miracles they believe they would get.
  • brownwrapperbrownwrapper Member PExer
    AngAlamat wrote: »
    That is just an expression of their deepest love for Christ, who suffered and died on the cross to save us! Exception are those who just go there to sell items or just be seen!

I'm Not Perfect

Wouldn't their time be better spent doing something good instead? Like say helping the poor or whatever?

That seems to be a better expression of the "deepest love for Christ", IMO
  • jmromanojmromano Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    SamLowry wrote: »

Well, iba pa rin ang orig kaysa pirated.
  • stillwaterstillwater create in me... PExer
    It is CHRIST! It is an image of Christ, and the procession is only done once a year in commemoration of HIM who SAVES. If Christ is your life, there would be no reason for you not to worship HIM, even in his very wooden image, for it is CHRIST, our GOD and should not be considered an idolatry!

"Thou shalt not have other gods besides me."

I'm Not Perfect
    Catholic teachings, at least in our school, say that statues, rosaries, etc. are just there to remind us and/or to represent (to me, they just put faces to the names) saints and patrons. I would have to agree with Ghost Rider though. I would have to say it's only because of the miracles they believe they would get.

Then that would be a violation of this law in the bible...

Huwag kang gagawa para sa iyo ng larawang inanyuan o ng kawangis man ng anomang anyong nasa itaas sa langit, o ng nasa ibaba sa lupa, o ng nasa tubig sa ilalim ng lupa:

Exodo 20:4
    It is CHRIST. It is an image of Christ, and the procession is only done once a year in commemoration of HIM who SAVES. If Christ is your life, there would be no reason for you not to worship HIM, even in his very wooden image, for it is CHRIST, our GOD and should not be considered an idolatry!

But the bible itself says not to do this so called "commemoration" Catholics are doing. Who should we believe then? the Bible or the Catholic doctrine?
  • SamLowrySamLowry James Randian PExer
    addikt wrote: »
    Then that would be a violation of this law in the bible...

Huwag kang gagawa para sa iyo ng larawang inanyuan o ng kawangis man ng anomang anyong nasa itaas sa langit, o ng nasa ibaba sa lupa, o ng nasa tubig sa ilalim ng lupa:

Exodo 20:4

but why pick and choose which ones from the old testament is valid and which ones are not? You (and most christians) seem to invoke the "Old testament is for the Jews living at that time and place" clause when convenient and ignore it when it's not.
    stillwater wrote: »
    It is CHRIST! It is an image of Christ, and the procession is only done once a year in commemoration of HIM who SAVES. If Christ is your life, there would be no reason for you not to worship HIM, even in his very wooden image, for it is CHRIST, our GOD and should not be considered an idolatry!

I'm Not Perfect

That is exactly the point...connect that with this verse...

Huwag kayong gagawa ng ibang mga dios na iaagapay sa akin; ng mga dios na pilak, o ng mga dios na ginto, huwag kayong gagawa para sa inyo.

Exodo 20:23

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file