[MERGED] Seborrheic Dermatitis

Hi, I searched the internet about curing seborrheic dermatitis with the scalp and found out that zinc cream is a great solution. Is there any or brand of it available in any drugstores? thanks!

Or any solutions in treating this problems with my scalp, it keeps bothering me! help pls

Comments

• goldhartgoldhart Connecting People PExer
    clobetasol cream gamit, pero usually it comes back. use sebamed shampoo.
  • soulcrushersoulcrusher Member PExer
    pano po pag around the nose area and sa may eyebrows konti, nu pwde dun?
  • unratedunrated Member PExer
    The problem with steroids (clobetasol, hydrocortisone, etc) ay madaling mag-effect pero madali ring magrelapse pag hininto. Elidel 1% cream (Pimecrolimus) is an alternative. There are studies na superior siya to steroids in terms of relapse rate. The price is limiting though.
  • totabstotabs Member PExer
    I was diagnosed with SD, my derma suggested to use tar shampoo and triamcinolone lotion 0.1% for my back. It was effective, but your right it always comes back especially on cold weather, my derma said that's just the way it is, no permanent cure yet. I will try that elidel 1% cream though, thanks for the suggestion.
  • unratedunrated Member PExer
    By the way, avoid using high potency steroid (e.g. triamcinolone, betamethasone, clobetasol) on your face. Pangmakakapal na balat lang siya (likod, katawan, ulo). Pag nilagay PALAGI sa mukha, pwedeng numipis/lumubog ang balat (skin atrophy) sa mukha. Zinc is the same substance you find in your regular antidandruff shampoo (e.g. clear, head and shoulders). Kung hindi effective sa 'yo yan, i doubt na magiging effective din sa 'yo and zinc cream.
  • das_Veilchendas_Veilchen androgenous sighting PExer
    unrated wrote: »
    By the way, avoid using high potency steroid (e.g. triamcinolone, betamethasone, clobetasol) on your face. Pangmakakapal na balat lang siya (likod, katawan, ulo). Pag nilagay PALAGI sa mukha, pwedeng numipis/lumubog ang balat (skin atrophy) sa mukha. Zinc is the same substance you find in your regular antidandruff shampoo (e.g. clear, head and shoulders). Kung hindi effective sa 'yo yan, i doubt na magiging effective din sa 'yo and zinc cream.

ako rin may SB, sa gilid ng nose ko.

yung Betazole ba okay lang sa face iapply?

ano yang skin atrophy? kasi yung gilid nga ng nose ko medyo lumubog....di ko lang alam kung dahil sa gamot or dahil sa mejo napabayaan ko to dati kaya namalat ng namalat....:mecry:
    naiinis nga ako eh....

tsaka yung sa kin parang ang tagal bago mawala mabilis naman bumalik....minsan kahit meron pa hindi na ko naglalagay ng cream eh..ewan...feeling ko masosobrahan ako/..hehe....ano ba dapat? okay lang ba yung tuloy-tuloy?mga more than three weeks...

haaaay....:depressed:
  • teen_titansteen_titans Member PExer
    last summer, na diagnos ako having a seborheic dermatits.
    i was given medication, soap and sariling sabon.

but i found it very expensive.

may home remedy ba?

kasi alam ko meron within the metro.
    pero i dont know which one to buy.
    yun mura lang sana pero wag yun ganun ka mura na hindi na eepek. hehehehe...

flaky kasi nanaman yun hair, nose at sa may kilay ko banda...
    i need to cure it again.
  • ImpenneteriImpenneteri  ✭✭✭
    Basic treatment consists of using shampoos containing zinc pyrithione (Head and shoulders, ZNP bar), selenium sulfide (Selsun blue and prescription strength Selsun) or ketoconazole (Nizoral AD and prescription strength Nizoral). A person may need to try several shampoos to find the one that works best, and then rotate between several medicated and non-medicated shampoos to maintain effectiveness. It's important to massage the shampoo onto the scalp and other affected areas and leave it in place for a few minutes before rinsing thoroughly. Other shampoo ingredients that are sometime helpful are salicylic acid, coal tar, and sulfur.

http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_diseases/seborrheic_dermati.html
  • Dotey^_^Dotey^_^ Member PExer
    lol, this should be in the what's up doc? forums
  • ubermenschubermensch Member ✭✭✭
    yeah. i agree this should be in the what's up doc section, but i also understand the threadstarter's side.

ako, na-diagnose rin dati ng seborrheic dermatitis. sabi ng doc, na-trigger siya sa akin dahil sa stress. pero ginamit ko lang yung prescribed shampoo and soap sa kasagsagan ng dermatitis. nung normal na, bumalik na naman ako sa usual soap and shampoo (i.e. yung mumurahin lang, hehehe). pero ang shampoo ko na naman since then ay head and shoulders.
  • teen_titansteen_titans Member PExer
    okay heade and shoulders sa ulo.
    how about sa skin?

nag flaky kasi yun sa nose part ko eh.
  • TriNa-BeeTriNa-Bee Banned by Admin PExer
    Sebo?
    siguro oily skin mo

mag pa facial ka
    tapos yun na explain sayo dun kung ano sabon gagamitin para magamot
    at explain kung saan mo nakukuha yang sakit na yan

Hula lang :D
  • PickheartPickheart Superhero PExer
    Seborrheic dermat¡ts?

Ah.

Masebong boobs.

:lol:

Joke lang po! Nagloloko lang.:D
  • azythazyth Member PExer
    Seborrheic Dermatitis mya be a lifelong skin problem that tend to recur even after effective treatment...a lot of skin products prescribed by dermatologist may be very expensive...amidst the treatment..you should also have a diet and lifestyle modification...this may include lesser stress...increased fluid intake..refrain any vices...another simply yet quite effective home remedy is to have a regular intake of foods rich in vitamin b ..go natural.. consume foods that contains the b complex like liver..green leafy veggies..try it and feel for any changes..hth.. just my opinion
  • TheClockWorks7TheClockWorks7 Banned by Admin PExer
    ibabad mo kaya sa kumukulong mantika?
  • azythazyth Member PExer
    try mo then balitaan mo kami
  • maCOOLitmaCOOLit Member PExer
    may other solution na ba? ano ang effective sa inyo sa pag treat nito?
  • aries405aries405 Member PExer
    meron din ako nyan pre... i use hydrocortisone ointment (P220) to the affected area.. my SD got so bad before it almost covered both my cheeks.. It comes and goes... pa stressed out ka it comes out.. I also use cetaphil as facial cleanser and it works too. and always moisturize so your skin wont dry up
  • I've been suffering from SD for years now. It comes and goes and yes, there is no cure but there are medicines for maintenance.

I spend Php6k a month for derma consultation and medicines to temper down my flares in the scalp, ears and cheeks.

Been to a recommended dermatologist (Makati Med) just this week and she gave me new meds to blindly follow. For a week, she prescribed me to take Funzela (Flucanozole) and Claricort in the morning, Iterax at night. I also apply Triamcinolone solution for my scalp and Fucicort (Betamethasone, Fucidic acid) for my ears; I do this twice a day. She also told me to get enough exercise and sleep, to increase water intake and avoid stress (how? :bashful: ).

I'm can actually see and feel the results! I hope it goes well.

I will be seeing her two weeks from now so she can check on my progess. :)
  • johnski_07johnski_07 Lakwatsero!
    I've been suffering from SD for years now. It comes and goes and yes, there is no cure but there are medicines for maintenance.

I spend Php6k a month for derma consultation and medicines to temper down my flares in the scalp, ears and cheeks.

Been to a recommended dermatologist (Makati Med) just this week and she gave me new meds to blindly follow. For a week, she prescribed me to take Funzela (Flucanozole) and Claricort in the morning, Iterax at night. I also apply Triamcinolone solution for my scalp and Fucicort (Betamethasone, Fucidic acid) for my ears; I do this twice a day. She also told me to get enough exercise and sleep, to increase water intake and avoid stress (how? :bashful: ).

I'm can actually see and feel the results! I hope it goes well.

I will be seeing her two weeks from now so she can check on my progess. :)

Who is your derma in Makati Med? :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file