Home PEx Hobbies Music and Radio

Elaborate Songs

Know any songs that may be too overproduced with a lot of sounds or just simply lush. Any song by Dream Theater fits that description.

Comments

• zimdudezimdude PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    The more I read about Dream Theater the more I get curious. Can I get an MP3 somewhere, or, where can I listen to their CD's?

The most elaborate of course are symphonies!

But if you don't count that, maybe electronica or their electronic-New Wave predecessors would count, with layers and layers of sequencing.
  • I should be offended by what you said hudyat because I consider myself a big Dream Theater fan, I mean I own ALL of their studio albums (plus one live album and an EP). I even bought some of their studio albums TWICE because may konting gasgas yung iba eh..... (OC ako eh)

anyway I digress....as I was saying, I should be offended but I'm not. I understand where you are coming from hudyat. minsan talaga you get the feeling that the guys from Dream Theater are just showing off on some of their marathon songs (they have songs ranging from 7 minutes to 25 MINUTES!). Parang nagyayabang lang diba? and what's worse, some of their lyrics don't mean anything. they bombard us with imageries that are meant to be profound, but only end up as sounding juvenile.....pero I have to give them one thing.....they really know how to play. If it's one thing they can do is play.

Granted na what you say is true, their songs are overproduced, overpolished and may sound lush...but not a lot of bands sound like them, and pag sawang sawa na ako sa music that I hear on the radio, I just pull out one of their CDs and get ready for a sonic adventure.
  • PauTOT: I'm sorry over the choice of my example of Dream Theater. It just so happened that they were the first band I was able to think up of when it comes to this type of production. Music is however replete with such examples like all the music produced by Phil Spector (The Wall of Sound as he called it) and the music done by the Beatles during their latter years(A Day in the Life, I am the Walrus, Tommorow never knows) to name just a few. All had the same quality of being produced in such a manner. Although I am a big Beatles fan, they too can in some of their other lush works
    tended to overproduction to cover up a simple song.

But going back, yes, I do believe they do good music, and that I will not deny. My brother introduced me to that group a while back and we both fell for its beauty. Eventually, I found it a bit long, and sometimes they tended to be pretentious. But nevertheless, as someone once said, in the end of it all, the music is what remains.

:)

• ...............HEHE I WON'T START ON DREAM THEATER AGAIN COZ I THINK I'VE DONE TOO MUCH PROMOTION ON THEM ALREADY HEHEHE.

.......................BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT AN ELABORATE BAND WITH MILLIONS OF LAYERINGS THEN I HAVE ONE WORD FOR YOU PEOPLE...

................................EMPEROR
  • nussnuss PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    whateber you say deathcrayon... you're the boss... hehehe...

joke lang
  • .............IT'S GOOD YOU KNOW WHO'S BOSS HEHEHE