Home PEx Campus

Not Graduates of Top 10 Philippine Schools but impressed you

SirZapSirZap PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
One of my Law Professor is an Accounting Graduate of UE (***** Laude). I forgot where he took his Law Studies but he is definitely not from UP. He is not a graduate from the college where I attended but definitely he has his respects to former President Ramon Magsaysay Sr. who is an alumnus of our school.

He once shared an anecdote about some graduates who are proud of their Alma Mater, that while he was conversing with a UP graduate who is proud of their Alumni particularly who served the Goverment he retorted that "look where our country is now". :bop:

He respects graduates from UP, but definitely disapproves anyone equating success just because you are just a graduate from a certain (top) school. He said "In the real world, you have to prove yourself".

I have a friend, also a graduate of UE who is now an Asst. VP in a bank at 30 years old. This guy definitely impressed me. I heard other stories graduates coming from an unknown school but able to take some coveted positions, or even owning their own businesses.

How about yours? Do you have any? *peace*

Comments

• actually it's not the school it's the student's hardwork and intelligence that will make him/her successful in life...

my cousin a mapuan is now vp in citibank singapore and her husband???
    an ADMU graduate has a lower positon than her...
  • markfroilanmarkfroilan 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    miriam grads, assumption grads also ring hype of success sa opisina namin, kaya kudos sa kanilang upbringing
  • my cousin is a graduate of Central Colleges of the Philippines and he is now holding a high position at san miguel corp. i think VP level na yata.
  • Of course, success (in monetary terms) is open to everyone in a democratic and capitalist-driven economy such as the Philippines. Take it that two of the three richest Filipinos living in the Philippines are FEU graduates. The other one did not attend college in the Philippines.

Someone from peyups.com counted the number of UP alumni in the list of the Richest Asians according to Forbes Magazine and it came out that only 14 of the 40 were UP alumni or persons who can claim an association with UP.

However, I would argue that success is not always referred to monetary terms. Other forms of success are political related and family and academic related. Pwede rin love related. :D

If you would narrow down your benchmark schools to the Big-3 (UP, DLSU, AdMU), as they are the only obvious fountains and mines for successful people, I would include Jun Lozada in my list of successful Filipinos. Hindi Chinoy ok? :D

However, success is more accessible to UP grads as the school is designed to bread future leaders. It is perhaps the only school in the Philippines with such mission. So if you want to increase your chances of becoming successful or maintaining that status cause you already are, go to UP. But AdMU and DLSU are excellent alternatives.
  • ^^ Jun Lozada is from UST FYI, he is an ECE graduate of The Pontifical and Royal University of Santo Tomas, which is included in the top 4 Universities in the philippines.

Source/s:

RD gold Awards
    THES-QS Awards
    ASIAWEEK 2000
    CHED

just my two cents.
  • I stand corrected. I thought Mr. Luzada is from Ateneo.
  • _ozzakii wrote: »

If you would narrow down your benchmark schools to the Big-3 (UP, DLSU, AdMU), as they are the only obvious fountains and mines for successful people

Engr.Tony Tan Caktiong the owner of Jollibee is a Thomasian Engineer
    Engr. Ezmendi, the chief architect sa pagalaki ng San Miguel Corporation is a Thomasian Engineer
    Engr. Velasquez, the President of IBM Philippines is a Thomasian Engineer
    Engr. Gina Navarette, the General Manager of Red Ribbon is a Thomasian Engineer.
    Architects Locsin, Palapox and the Ma?ozas are Thomasian Architects.

Iilan pa lang yan.
  • whew ang hangin dito ah :)

peace..
    Henry Sy is from FEU
    Lucio Tan is fr UE

My point? STOP BEING AN ELITE CHAUVINIST OZZAKII
    lumalabas ang pagka social climber mo and pa feeling mayaman, magaling at ang basehan is pera.
  • ^ i agree with you. He might want to read the title of the thread.
  • xybert_22xybert_22 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    wag nyo na lang yan pansinin. Insecure lang yan.

ozakki

Student ka pa lang ba o propesyunal na? Have u seen the working industry already? Buksan mo ang iyong mga mata hindi lang sa UP, ateneo at laSalle umiikot ang industriya ng PINAS.
  • iRebirthiRebirth PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    clej wrote: »
    Engr.Tony Tan Caktiong the owner of Jollibee is a Thomasian Engineer
    Engr. Ezmendi, the chief architect sa pagalaki ng San Miguel Corporation is a Thomasian Engineer
    Engr. Velasquez, the President of IBM Philippines is a Thomasian Engineer
    Engr. Gina Navarette, the General Manager of Red Ribbon is a Thomasian Engineer.
    Architects Locsin, Palapox and the Ma?ozas are Thomasian Architects.

Iilan pa lang yan.

ironically most of the people in your list ended up being successful in fields different from their undergraduate major. which actually makes you question just how much their alma mater has helped them at all...

also, in considering the top 10, we should look at period differences. UE and FEU were probably the ADMU, UP or DLSU of their time.
    iRebirth wrote: »
    ironically most of the people in your list ended up being successful in fields different from their undergraduate major. which actually makes you question just how much their alma mater has helped them at all...

also, in considering the top 10, we should look at period differences. UE and FEU were probably the ADMU, UP or DLSU of their time.

What did Henry Sy finish at FEU?i dunnow so anyone can answer
    What did Lucio Tan finish fr UE?i dunnow so anyone can answer

So Ateneo since 1859, UP since 1908, DLSU since 1911,UST 1611 arent prestigious during your so called UE and FEU bygone era's?

i dont think so.

The point is, it wouldnt merit where one graduates from. and still i believe their alma mater helped them alot.

What ozzakii was pointing out is the possibility of your success in life if and when you graduate from his Elite list of 3 only schools to which some replies before me states "not a guarantee". Its Ozakii's Elite chauvinism, unreliable source, and questionable anonimity that my predecessors are gawking about(for all I know gawa gawa lang yan ng identity dito sa cyberspace)
  • RambusRambus PEx Rookie ⭐
    Henry Sy earned an Associate degree from FEU. Lucio Tan owns UE but did not study there. He studied Chemical Engineering at FEU, but did not earn a degree.

When all of your schooling is completed, it is OK to be proud of what you know. But do not forget what you don't know, because that should be what you will try to learn outside school.

• What ozzakii was pointing out is the possibility of your success in life if and when you graduate from his Elite list of 3 only schools to which some replies before me states "not a guarantee". Its Ozakii's Elite chauvinism, unreliable source, and questionable anonimity that my predecessors are gawking about(for all I know gawa gawa lang yan ng identity dito sa cyberspace)

I wouldn't REALLY say the schools themselves "breed" successful people, but rather that those who are intent to become very successful (or who have what it takes to become one) tend to end up at the Big-3 schools.

Apart from that, there's also a popular practice for the already successful people to send their children to the Big-3 schools.

Let's look at it this way: if you're from Forbes-Dasma, Corinthians Gardens, Ayala Heights, La Vista, Tierra Pura Green Meadows and the like, would you really want to go to a school like UST when you can get into UP, AdMU or DLSU?? :naughty:
  • hacksawhacksaw Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    Tomasian Jun Lozada did the right thing. He sent his kids to LaSalle. :D
  • RougePercerRougePercer PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    The 4th billionnaire in the Philippines is from UE.

Ayala - (unknown)
    Henry Sy - FEU
    Lucio Tan - FEU
    Andrew Tan - UE
  • ^ The 2 Ayalas are both Harvard educated. They both went to Harvard for undergrad (Economics) and grad school. The older of the two siblings went to HBS. The wife of the younger sibling (Kitkat Silverio Zobel) went to UP Diliman and is one of the donors of UP Manila.
  • hacksaw wrote: »
    Tomasian Jun Lozada did the right thing. He sent his kids to LaSalle. :D

for grade school and High school

then UST for college

parang si Jun, LSGH, High school, then off to UST :)

:laugh:
  • _ozzakii wrote: »
    I wouldn't REALLY say the schools themselves "breed" successful people, but rather that those who are intent to become very successful (or who have what it takes to become one) tend to end up at the Big-3 schools.

Apart from that, there's also a popular practice for the already successful people to send their children to the Big-3 schools.

Let's look at it this way: if you're from Forbes-Dasma, Corinthians Gardens, Ayala Heights, La Vista, Tierra Pura Green Meadows and the like, would you really want to go to a school like UST when you can get into UP, AdMU or DLSU?? :naughty:

diyos mio, i know some people who lives in Corinthians Gradens, Ayala heights, La vista et.al who send their children to study in UST. :bop: