DIAMOND STAR MS. MARICEL SORIANO - The ULTIMATE ACTRESS!!! [PART 8]

Bagong thread ito kasi ayaw ni Ka Willy noong una, so cheesy daw. Siguro ito medyo ayos na hehe.

Happy New Year To All!

and

May our 2008 Harvest will be better or be the same as 2007.

Sana merong madagdag na Best Actress for either Paraiso, Numbalikdiwa, A Love Story and Bahay Kubo!

Movie Wish List for 2008

1. A movie with Aga Muhlach - this time, suspense thriller naman to be directed by Chito Rono under Star Cinema.

2. A movie with Jeffrey Jeturian. Indie movie naman na pwedeng panlaban sa mga international festivals.

3. A movie with Edu Manzano. Na excite ako when I saw them together after a long time during her guesting sa PGKNB. Galing ng kanilang chemistry.

4. A movie with Anne Curtis or . There are talks about a possible remake of The Devil Wears Prada and I hope kung matuloy ito, si Maricel at Anne ang bida.

5. A movie with John Lloyd and Bea Alonzo. A May-December love affair pero yung parang MMK nina JLC and Candy Pangilinan about a teacher-student love affair tapos ang teacher, kaklase at kalaban ng nanay ng student.

6. An all out comedy movie na spoof ng previous movies or famous lines ni Maricel to be directed by Wenn Deramas or Jose Javier Reyes under Star Cinema.

Kayo ano pa ang gusto niyong mangyari for Maricel next year?

Comments

• renzrenz Banned by Admin PExer
    dagdag ko pa..

7. A movie with Cesar Montano. Gusto ko sana ang Ninoy movie kung saan Maricel will play Cory Aquino.

8. A movie with Vilma Santos under Star Cinema.

At wag na muna siyang gumawa ng movie with Joel Lamangan hanggang hindi mag concentrate si Joel sa isang project at one time.
  • raciraci Member PExer
    hi guys :wave:

wow, new thread in time for the new year! *okay*

my wish for Inay? what do you wish for a woman who has everything ? :) --- inner peace, happy family, health, ageless beauty, magnificent career!
  • raciraci Member PExer
    reposting my comments about BK :)....

hi guys, finally, I was able to watch Bahay Kubo and I wasn't disappointed! *okay* I don't care about others supposedly objective and realistic review, all I can say is the film made me laugh and cry. I agree that there were editing problems (some scenes were cut short where they shouldn't have and vice-versa), but all in all, I think the film was good, along with the values --- love, faith in and sacrifices for our family, and selflessness --- that it tries to impart *okay*

Maricel was simply fabulous. She was good in Inang Yaya, Paraiso, in Love Story and now, in Bahay Kubo! What makes her performance even more memorable and amazing, in my book, is the versatility that she has to show in this film. The first part of the film showcases Maricel's comic talent and timing, reminiscent of her Galawgaw and Inday Bote days ;) The second part shows Maricel's incomparable dramatic talent. It is rare for actress to be able to make people laugh and cry so effectively, but Maricel, in a 2-hr movie, was able to do just that. Wala akong nakitang kulang sa performance ni Inay. For me (and I know for the many others who watched this film), she was simply GREAT *okay* An actress of lesser calibre would have failed. MARICEL SHOULD WIN MMFF BEST ACTRESS FOR BAHAY KUBO, hands down. no question about it.

Eugene Domingo's comic timing is amazing. She is really funny. I hope she wins Best Supporting Actress *okay*

Shaina did well too. I am surprised at how much this girl has improved in the acting department. She used to act "pilit", but now she performed Rose like a real actress :)
  • raciraci Member PExer
    any idea what Inay's next movie is? :)

can't wait for Nagai Aida, her teleserye....
  • raciraci Member PExer
    I hope when Inay comes back from her well-deserved vacation with her family, she will be met by an MMFF Best Actress award *okay* She truly deserves it! :)
  • tomodachitomodachi Member PExer
    ibalik po natin to sa 1st page...

originally posted by renz;
    WELCOME MARICELIANS!

PART7.jpg

PART7-1.jpg

Visit our Previous Threads:

PART 1-
    http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97606

PART 2-
    http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198760

PART 3-
    http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219177

PART 4-

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225097

PART 5-
    http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233075

PART 6-
    http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256668

PART7 -
    http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287858

Maria Cecilia Dador Soriano in real life, dubbed as the Diamond Star of Philippine Show business, started acting at the tender age of six. She has starred in around 83 films (and counting) beginning with the 1971 flick My Heart Belongs to Daddy until her most recent films I Will Survive (a musical comedy), and Filipinas (family oriented drama), where she earned the 2004 Best Actress trophies from the Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF), and the Film Academy of the Philippines (****), the local counterpart of the Oscars.

Widely recognized for her versatility, La Soriano received her first acting award as Best Child Actress at the age of nine at the 9th Manila Film Festival for Virgo Film's Alaala mo, Daigdig ko (Your Memory is My World) , in 1974. She also won the same award at the 1974 Ilo-ilo Film Festival for John and Marsha which later became the longest running Philippine Sitcom. Maricel developed her comic skills under the aegis of the country's King of Comedy, Dolphy and the late Nida Blanca, one of the country's top caliber actresses, both of whom she considered as second parents.

La Soriano, was launched to full stardom in 1981 via Regal Films' Underage where her thespic talent and charisma shone brightest among the lead stars of the movie. From thereon, there was no stopping Maricel Soriano to superstardom. She starred from one film to another with the range of character and depth in acting regarded as the best in her generation. Her versatility allowed La Soriano to do drama, comedy, horror, action, and fantasy movies with relative ease and was amply rewarded with box office hits and a slew of acting awards.

Aside from successfully conquering the movie scene, La Soriano duplicated her feat on Television with a variety of shows few could match. From the sitcom John and Marsha , she also starred in Kaluskos Musmos, a youth oriented program in the 70's. to Musical Variety Shows (Maria! Maria! and Maricel Live!) , Drama Anthology (Maricel Drama Special) and Comedy Shows (2+2, Kung Kaya ni Mister., Kaya ni Misis ( If the Husband Can do It, the Wife Can), Mary d' Potter and currently, Bida si Mister, Bida si Misis (The Husband and Wife are Lead Characters). She have received two awards from the Asian TV Awards as Best Actress in a Comedy show aside from her awards for the same category from the Philippine Movie Press Club (PMPC) and awards as Best Actress in a Drama Anthology also coming from the latter.

Not lacking in other talents, she has tried singing as well and even recorded a few songs including the theme song of her movie Oh My Mama in 1981 and a sold out concert at the Araneta Coliseum titled Hello, Hello Maricel in 1987.

Considered by most as one of the finest actresses Philippine Cinema has ever produced, Maricel Soriano continues to shine as one of the Queens of the Philippine Entertainment Industry.

• HampaslupaHampaslupa Gem*s World PExer
    queenMARYsoriano.gif
    prayers2.gif
    jelous.png
    karamihan sa kanila ay palpak kung manghula.

Hay naku, sa tagal ko na sa showbiz, kahit ako ay puwede na ring manghula tungkol sa mga artista, dahil alam naman natin na history repeats itself lang ang eksena sa showbiz.

For a change, in the spirit of fun, kami naman ang manghuhula at magbibigay ng predictions sa puwedeng maganap next year sa showbiz at sa mga celebrities, nameless man o sikat.

So, heto na ang mga hula, predictions, sapantaha, agam-agam or whatever next year sa showbiz!

SHARON CUNETA - Babalik uli siya sa dating timbang lalo na nga at sagad na naman siya sa trabaho. Kikita sa takilya at aani ng papuri ang pelikula niyang Caregiver under Chito Ro?o.

[highlight]MARICEL SORIANO - Hindi pa rin siya pakakawalan ng ABS-CBN. Magkakaroon siya ng bagong TV show pero hindi ?yon tulad ng kanyang Vietnam Rose, huh![/highlight]

KRIS AQUINO - Iingay muli ang acting career dahil sa bago niyang TV show. Pahinga muna siya sa hosting job. Matatag pa rin ang relasyon nila ni James Yap, unless... Alam ninyo na ?yon!

JUDY ANN SANTOS - Matatag pa rin ang relasyon nila ni Ryan Agoncillo. Pero sa gitna ng taon, may malaki siyang desisyong gagawin. Kung ano ?yon, aba, abangan na lang natin, ?no? I?m sure, `yung kasal nila ni Ryan ang nasa isip niyo, ha! ?Yun nga kaya? Hulaan niyo na lang!

RICHARD GUTIERREZ - Makakarelasyon niya si Marian Rivera pero hindi nila ito aaminin. Kasi nga, may movie sila at may TV series pang gagawin, di ba?

DINGDONG DANTES - Magkakaroon ng problema sa lovelife nila ni Karylle. Pero quiet lang ang aktor sa pangyayari. True gentleman siya, kaya he?ll just let it pass. Wow!

PIOLO PASCUAL-SAM MILBY-LOLIT SOLIS - Naku, magkakaaayos din ?yan. Likas naman ang pagiging mabait ng dalawang aktor lalo na?t Christian sila pareho.

DENNIS TRILLO - Ayoko siyang hulaan. Baka magdenay! Need we say more? Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

ARA MINA - Lilipat na sa Dos pero hindi naman siya mamamatay.

KATRINA HALILI - Magkakaroon na ng boyfriend. Itatago lang nga niya ito. Pangit naman na siya ang sexiest woman ng FHM tapos, wala man lang inspirasyon, di ba? Hindi nga lang iri-reveal ni Katrina ang boyfriend niya. True to her form, ika nga.

RHIAN RAMOS - Aamin na sa mga nakarelasyon niya para matigil na ang hate emails na pinadadala sa mga press.

CRISTINE REYES - Hindi na papatol sa boyfriend na may anak. Tama na ang isang pagkakamali, ?no? Patulan man niya si Robin Padilla sa series nilang Joaquin Burdado, at least, Muslim ito?t allowed ang apat na asawa, huh!

AI AI DELAS ALAS - Mali-link na naman sa lalaki, ayaw man niya o gusto, huh! Pero hindi pa rin sila magbabati ni Rosanna Roces.

RUFA MAE QUINTO - Magkakaroon uli ng boyfriend pero super-lihim na siya tungkol dito.

MANNY PACQUIAO - Maghihigpit na sa pera. Tatanggalin sa tabi niya ang mga taong nagsasamantala sa kayamanan niya. Titigil na sa paggawa ng pelikula.

MARIAN RIVERA - Lalantad ang mga lalaking nakarelasyon niya noong hindi pa siya artista, pero itatanggi niya ito.

MARK HERRAS - Magbabawas ng work load at magdadagdag ng timbang. Para matigil na ang tsismis na nagda-drugs siya, huh!

REGINE VELASQUEZ AT OGIE ALCASID - Matatag pa rin ang relasyon kahit wala pang resulta sa annulment ng kasal ni Ogie kay Michelle Van Eimeren. Wala pa ring buntisang magaganap.

JANNO GIBBS - Tuluyan na silang magkakabalikan ni Bing Loyzaga. Huwag lang uli ma-link sa ibang girls si Janno, huh!

MOTHER LILY - Tuloy pa rin sa paggawa ng pelikula. Kukuha ng ibang directors para sa bago niyang projects.

ABS CBN AT GMA 7 - Patuloy pa rin ang network war!

Naku, mahirap palang manghula. Pero ang usual namang nangyayari sa showbiz ay mga eskandalo tulad ng pagbubuntis ng isang artista, ang pagpapakasal, pag-amin sa pakikipagrelasyon.

Ang malulungkot naman ay ang pagkakaroon ng trahedya tulad ng pagkamatay ng isang artista, aksidente at pagkakasakit nang malubha.

Hula lang naman ang lahat ng ito. Tayo pa rin ang gumagawa ng sarili nating destiny. Sa showbiz naman, just be professional, marespeto sa kapwa artista at paghusayan ang iyong craft, lahat ng suwerte ay iyong aanihin, di ba?

Happy New year to all!

For comments and suggestions, email us at [email protected].

http://www.abante.com.ph/issue/dec3007/showbiz_jn.htm
    cheers.gif
    Lagay ko lang sa front page
    para mabilis makita ng mga Maricelians:)
    Lagay ko lang sa front page
    para mabilis makita ng mga Maricelians:)
  • pink_diamondpink_diamond MGPHanGGanWAKAS PExer
    To all kafatids...Advance Happy New Year!!!kasi bisi-bisihan na ang ganda ko for the next few days at baka hindi makapag-post dito hehe.

To Inay...more blessings....movies...awards.....t.v. shows & commercials for the year 2008 (at sa mga susunod pang taon).

Ingats sa mga magpapaputok. Stay happy.
    happy-2.png
    mpgcheers.gif
    Therealbestactress.jpg
    warning.gif
    respect.png