Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies

Films you like the others hated

booksalebooksale PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
self explanatory. i'll start.

Starship Troopers

Why the hate, critics?

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/19971107/REVIEWS/711070305/1023

Comments

• because critics are sad individuals. all they do is boast their vocabulary, shit on every other mainstream movie and praise an obscure boring film. Critics shove their own opinions down our throats and proclaim it as fact.

I hate it when people rely on critic's reviews to judge a film, album or game. Who are they to know you wont enjoy it? Fuck critics. They all forget the fact what people usually look for in a movie - entertainment.
  • Seven by David Fincher. I lent my copy to two of my classmates back in college and they hated it while I absolutely loved the movie.
  • I love SOAP.... Snakes On A Plane!
  • 3:10 to Yuma (2007) - one of this year's best movie
    The Invasion
    Mean Girls
    Amadeus

undeserving oscar best picture daw, pero i personally love these movies:
    Shakespeare in Love - i dont like saving private ryan
    Ordinary People
    Dances with Wolves
  • booksalebooksale PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I really, REALLY LIKED the original "Punisher" movie starring dolph lundgren. and Ang Lee's "The Hulk."
  • Life or Something Like It
    Accepted
    Saved! (okay naman yung movie e di ko lang alam at ayaw mostly ng mga blockmates ko)
    The Royal Tenenbaum

isip pa ko...
  • The Butterfly Effect. It has a 40+% score in RottenTomatoes but I liked the movie. In fact, I rated it a 9/10 since I was entertained all throughout.
  • jammerakwaii10jammerakwaii10 SeeTheLight PEx Expert 🎖️
    Accepted
    The Core - yeah, yeah, but I enjoyed watching it. :lol:
  • Love Actually

Rendition

We own the night

I don't know why people dislike these films.
  • Accepted
    The Core - yeah, yeah, but I enjoyed watching it. :lol:

Dude! I LOVE accepted! Bartlebee rocks!
  • c0Rinthianc0Rinthian PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Critics suck! :D

If critics say they hate a movie or a book- I usually rush out to see it, or buy it :glee:
  • ^critics once hated vertigo, psycho, it's a wonderful life and citizen kane.
  • c0Rinthianc0Rinthian PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    well, my list of underrated movies:

1) Dogma
    2) Clerks
    3) Transpotting
  • A Civil Action.

My brother hated that movie but I really liked it! :) It's cool!
  • shinjie_is_krenshinjie_is_kren PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Dogma
    Cheats
    Scary Movie 1 & 2
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre '03
  • JENSIE_GJENSIE_G PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I love CRASH.
  • first off, starship troopers was hated by most sane people because there was something stupid about it... yeah, like send a bunch of young soldiers, armed with "supot" guns to war with menacing giant insects. future setting nito right? why not send armored vehicles, or giant robots?it was like a battle badly scouted.

crash was overrated, it was good but not really deserving of a best pic award

dances with wolves was picked on because elitist couldn't accept the fact that a kevin costner could beat scorcese.which is a lot of BS if you'll ask me. the movie was good.

trainspotting and the royal tenenbaums were great movies, probably two of the best.

di ko gets kung bakit ayaw ng mga tao ang:
    -the golden compass
    -borat
    first off, starship troopers was hated by most sane people because there was something stupid about it... yeah, like send a bunch of young soldiers, armed with "supot" guns to war with menacing giant insects. future setting nito right? why not send armored vehicles, or giant robots?it was like a battle badly scouted.

some people just don't get this film. it's basically a satire and one of the funniest films i've seen. don't let the over the top violence distract you. ;)

"To fight the bug, we must understand the bug. We can ill afford another Klendathu."
  • yah i agree with y'all.. i also hate the critics.. they overrate udeserving ones and underrate deserving ones..

as for the topic i liked these movies:

sin city- i think people just didn't take the time to absorb it well

i'll think of others later. but there's more films-i-hated-that-others-liked for me lol.
    films i hate others liked (including critics):

pirates of the caribbean 2 and 3 and matrix 2 and 3.