Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies

JUNO [Starring Ellen Page and Michael Cera]

Hindi ko pa nanood to, but I already know that I will love it. I've been trying to find the time to watch it. :D:D

juno-poster2-big.jpg

When a teenage girl is faced with an unexpected pregnancy, she enlists the aid of her best friend in finding the unborn child a suitable home in this coming-of-age comedy drama from Thank You for Smoking director Jason Reitman. Juno (Ellen Page) may seem wise beyond her years, but after sleeping with classmate Bleeker (Michael Cera), the pregnant teen quickly realizes how little she really knows about life. Thankfully, Juno has been blessed with parents (J.K. Simmons and Allison Janney) who trust their daughter's judgment, and a best friend named Leah (Olivia Thirlby), who's always willing to help out in a pinch. With a little help from Leah, Juno soon comes into contact with Mark (Jason Bateman) and Vanessa (Jennifer Garner) -- an affluent suburban couple who have been unable to conceive a child of their own. Mark and Vanessa seem like they would make great parents, and are eager to adopt Juno's unborn child. Now, as adolescent Juno is faced with a series of very adult decisions, she will draw on the support of her family and friends in order to discover who she truly is, and discover that one bad choice can have a lifetime of consequences. ~ Jason Buchanan, All Movie Guide

Ellen Page nominated for Best Actress in a Musical/Comedy [Golden Globes]

94% rating on rottentomatoes!

Comments

• 281x211.jpg

I LOVE YOU MICHAEL CERA!!!!!!

I wouldn't mind if you knocked me up! :glee:
  • So .... when is this showing?
  • icolicol 10th PEx Oscar Pool Top 10
    Go George Michael!!!!
  • It's been showing in selected theaters since early December, but the teasers on TV just said that it will be open in theaters everywhere on Christmas. :D
  • ^really? here in the philippines? i kinda doubt they'd even show that here...but im so looking forward to watching this one!
  • micheal cera and jason bateman!!! dapat anjan din si will arnett haha
  • Guys try watching Jenny Juno (I'm not sure if this is the exact title though). Jenny Juno is a Korean film with the story revolving teenage pregnancy. This was shown 1-2 years back.
  • QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    spacesamba wrote: »
    ^really? here in the philippines? i kinda doubt they'd even show that here...but im so looking forward to watching this one!

No chance...first of all, Pinoys don't even know who Ellen Page is.

Besides, teen-age pregnancy is a hard sell in this isles - unless there is a strong supernatural element (you know, basta supernatural, click sa mga Noypi)
  • The humor here is also very sarcastic. I don't think Pinoys will connect very much to Juno, and I don't think they'll really understand her. Basically, it's American humor. ;)

Nandito din si Rainn Wilson of The Office! Yayyy!
  • Loved the film. Ellen Page was sooooo good.
  • jhnjstnjysjhnjstnjys PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    wat about george michael's cousin haha

dis has had great buzz lately, hope it gets shown here soon because im really curious about ellen page's performance.
  • jammerakwaii10jammerakwaii10 SeeTheLight PEx Expert 🎖️
    Fantastic screenplay! Little Miss Sunshine was my favorite movie last year followed by Pans Labyrinth and Juno will be next year's underdog.

The first time I saw Ellen Page was in the family film "Ghost Cat" and she was sooo good in Hard Candy.
  • i heart michael cera.
  • ^Back off, he's mine. :lol:
  • ive seen the movie!
    i liked it and it was very good! :D
    Go Ellen Page!
  • JennyJunoPoster.jpg

Korean Version of Juno. They have similarities but different stories, Its aboth about teen age pregnancy but in the korean version, the guy actually cares about the baby.

Jenny, Juno Trailer
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=P1Evg4r4qwg
  • 'Di ba buntis si simpledreams?
  • Yup, Michael Cera is the father of my children. :inluv:
  • About Jenny, Juno, the screenwriter said that besides the pregnancy and name part, the stories are dissimilar. Here's the quote:

"Unbeknownst to me, we had another spiritual cousin out there, a Korean movie called "Jenny, Juno", This time, the cousinry goes one step further and the movie is about--seriously--a pregnant teenager and her cute, sweet boyfriend. (The guy character is named Juno, not the girl.) There's no adoption subplot and apparently the film is otherwise dissimilar to mine, but how ****ed up is that? I bring this up because a journalist drilled me about it recently--awkward!--and also because I saw someone on our IMDb board wondering if Juno was a remake of the K-flick. So for the record, 1.) it isn't a remake 2.) I haven't seen 'Jenny, Juno,' though I want to now, and 3.) I don't think anyone would even bat an eye about this if my film was called Jenny. The name Juno is just so darned distinctive that confusion is inevitable."

:D
  • the song they sang at the end movie was cute, :lol:

Anyone Else But You, :D