Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies

I AM LEGEND starring Will Smith

AquamanAquaman PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/iamlegend/

Top movie in the United States this weekend.

This is based on a 1954 book by Richard Matheson.

In the movie a cure for cancer mutates into a virus that killed 5.4 billion people. Only one percent is immune--12 million. 588 million did not die but exhibited symptoms of rabies and are similar to the undead in "28 Days Later"--except their skin cannot handle UV rays therefore they are afraid of sunlight.

The 588 million with rabies killed and probably ate most of the 12 million.

Robert Neville is probably the only human left.

Comments

• JENSIE_GJENSIE_G PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Parang '28 Days Later' ... :shrug:
  • awesome awesome movie!
  • AquamanAquaman PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    There is a thread about movies which destroyed New York City. This is the latest.
  • JENSIE_GJENSIE_G PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Awesome trailer. I hope the film, itself, lives up to it.
  • feistyradicalfeistyradical PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    According to my friends who already watched it in the US, about 3/4 of the movie was really good but something happened during the last 1/4 of the movie that made the ending fall short. In short, the ending in the book is better than the movies ending. But then again, what do you expect from Akiva Goldsman who screenwrote Batman and Robin? ;) The film is still worth watching according to my pals! In any case, this movie earned around 77 million during the weekend beating out LOTR ROTK! All-time best December opening. I can't wait to watch it on Jan. 8. Tagal pa!
  • Trailer pa lang promising na. ;):up: Cant wait!
  • SIOPAO MANSIOPAO MAN PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    One of my favorite movies of all time is "The Omega Man" which was te 1972 adaptation of "I Am Legend". "The Omega Man" starred Charlton Heston as Robert Neville and it'll be interesting to compare Will Smith's Robert Neville to Charlton Heston's.
  • So,,, Was It A Beautiful Movie???

Coz Based On The Trailer,,,, I Think,,, It's Worth Watchin...

Merry Christmas!

God Bless Us All!
  • just watched it today! parang resident evil.. sobrang ganda promise! nakakagulat pa!
  • crazy legscrazy legs PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Its kind of understated--compared to most blockbuster movies these days. Will Smith is a good actor. His characters desperation, loneliness, comes through.

Pero sobrang lakas pala ng mga Zombies.

Wonder what you can do with all those free time. Everybody is dead. You have Manhattan all to yourself. No job needed. Shopping for food and DVD rental is free. Except you have to get home before sundown.

Just nitpicking:

Where did all those animals come from? The zoo? New York Zoo is in the Bronx. They cut off all the bridges coming ang going into Manhattan. Did they swim there from the Bronx. Yes they do have a little zoo in Central Park but it doesn't have Tigers and Elks and Dears. The ones in Central Park are like pigs, squirrels, Polar Bears, birds. monkeys.

But overall its worth seeing it.
  • crazy legscrazy legs PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    The ending is a lot different from the book. Althought the character Neville met the same fate the situation was completely different.

The book is more hardcore horror. And sort of ironic.

The movie ending is more positive.
  • XerophytesXerophytes PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I wanna watch this.

Pero pagbalik ko na galing sa Paris... d pa showing dito sa UK. Sa Boxing Day pa...
  • altairaltair PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    nice movie

was released in Korea on Dec 14
  • showing na ba ito sa pinas????

grabe,,, pakiupdate nga ako...
  • Those fuucking zombies kept scaring me. It was a sad movie. Will Smith has a lovely body. And I liked it. :D
  • i was expecting a little bit more from the movie.

it was ok.
  • Just saw it on joox.net ;p

Not bad. A lot of things could have been done better I think. And it somehow feels a bit short or something, it almost feels like it was filmed as a 3 hour movie, and someone decided to cut it to manageable levels to make sure it plays more per day in the theaters.
  • Saw "I am Legend" last night. It was freakin ' awesome. It's probably one of the best movies that I've ever seen. Will Smith is amazing. It's pretty scary too.
  • Parang pinagsama na dun sa vampires ng movie yung "Still living" and tunay na "vampires" ng book.
  • this movie got the highest box office debut for a december opening