Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature

Forumers, Could you suggest a book....

h33r0h33r0 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Hi, I would like to ask for an advice on what book should i buy for my 12 year old sister. she likes to read. i want to buy her something for Christmas and i though of buying her a book. the thing is i am not that of a book person.

your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• purpleheadd07purpleheadd07 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ano ba hilig ng sister mo? baka naman kse di rin sya bookish eh.

though you might want to check out Little Prince or Sophie's World or Stardust :)
  • h33r0h33r0 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I think she has already read the little price. well... there are a lot of short story books for children in our house, i think she has read one story of sherlock holmes (but is is just a very short book, i think 20 pages long, yes its that thin) so i thought of buying her a good book that she would love to read even if it is a long story. I thought of buying her the Harry Potter book but when i joked her about it, the showed an awkward face....
  • ^^anything roald dahl is a fun read but it might be too childish for her. coraline by neil gaiman is really cool too. and as for series novels i'd still say harry potter but since your sister isn't interested maybe lemony snicket's a series of unfortunate events or c.s lewis' chronicles of narnia would be a better choice.

you should also try:
    number the stars- lois lowry
    the catcher in the rye- j.d. salinger (this might be too "heavy" for her though..)
    stargirl- by i forgot who
  • for her age, i would recommend the classics like chronicles of narnia and alice in wonderland. you'll never go wrong. she's 12 and that age is ripe for appreciating fairy tales and fantasy.

spacesamba: i love catcher in the rye. but i agree that a 12 year old might be too heavy for her. at the stage of her kid's development, an anti-culture or cynical book just won't cut it.
  • i would recommend as well Chronicles of Narnia ,it actually depends on what kind of book your lil sister would love to read.I remember when I was her age i started reading love short story books for teens,before it was ahh,|Sweet valley High,you know cheesy stuffs like that.-)
  • purpleheadd07purpleheadd07 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i so agree, Catcher in the Rye is nice but not yet for a 12 year old. even Coraline scared me :lol:

why not try Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants? :)
  • h33r0h33r0 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Thanks for the suggestions! :) I might try the Chronicles of Narnia. But she has seen the first movie, but i believe there are 7 books of the narnia series, i might look for those books.
  • i so agree, Catcher in the Rye is nice but not yet for a 12 year old. even Coraline scared me :lol:

why not try Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants? :)

the illustrations in coraline were kinda freaky..i still love it though..it's like a darker version of alice in wonderland!
  • Does it have to be a book? I recommend intelligent comic books, er graphic novels, for that age. Why not try getting her the illustrated version of Stardust? or Sandman all 10 volumes if you can afford it...There's also the Calvin and Hobbes compilation (ouch. bigat sa bulsa)... and lastly, my favorite, the Griffin and Sabine Trilogy... :)