Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

is it okay to check info about your bf/gf's ex online --

whether via google or via friendster (myspace, etc) to know more about that person?

i don't know if there's a similar thread on this topic already. just heard it on the radio, thought of making it a topic here. :)

anyway, for me, i don't see any problem with that. as long as you have a clear purpose for doing it and you know it won't be an issue between you and your bf/gf.

follow up question actually is, do you have to let your bf/gf know about what you did?

:)
«1

Comments

  • queenkatiequeenkatie PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    when you do research (in any way), laging may hidden agenda, there's always a reason at the back of your mind, and it's uncontrollable, depende sa malalaman mo, there's no guarantee na there won't be issues.

    eventually, malalaman din naman niya, so you might as well advise na you'll do it. iba iba kase eh, ako as much as possible, sana walang alam ang bf ko regarding my life online, it's not that i don't think he would understand, it's just that ayoko lang na isa siya sa maging reasons to fight. kase before siya dumating sa buhay ko, eto na yun eh.
  • queenkatie wrote: »
    when you do research (in any way), laging may hidden agenda, there's always a reason at the back of your mind, and it's uncontrollable, depende sa malalaman mo, there's no guarantee na there won't be issues.

    eventually, malalaman din naman niya, so you might as well advise na you'll do it. iba iba kase eh, ako as much as possible, sana walang alam ang bf ko regarding my life online, it's not that i don't think he would understand, it's just that ayoko lang na isa siya sa maging reasons to fight. kase before siya dumating sa buhay ko, eto na yun eh.

    AGREE!!!!*okay*
  • why not ask your bf directly whatever you want to know?
  • for me, i don't think there's anything wrong since you have the freedom to do so...BUT...
    why bother? aren't you happy that he/she is already your bf/gf?

    assuming yung tao ay gf ko, i won't even care what happened between her and her ex-bf... kasi past na yun eh... instead of focusing my energy digging the past, i would rather enjoy the moment and buy her an ice cream... basta wag lang sya magkakalat kung hinde, hindi ko na sya ulit i ti treat.. bibilan ko na lang sya ng stork.
  • baklitabaklita PEx Veteran ⭐⭐


    tsekin mo... pra magkabukingan kyo sa mga gawain nyo online.
    sino kya ka-chat prati, noh?

    makabili nga ng pizza online... sale sila ngayon sa dominos, noh!

    aihihihi!!! :)

    baklita



  • purpleheadd07purpleheadd07 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    and what good reason could that be? if it's just plain curiousity then go satisfy yourself.

    but be prepared with whatever it is you find out. don't gloat and brag if you think the ex achieved less than you did nor feel insecure if you think s/he's actually done much.

    don't make a big deal out of whatever it is you find out or let it influence your relationship.

    but then again i still believe that it's way better not to snoop about the past and just concentrate on what you currently have.
  • my frenster can tell me who viewed my page, and i can see my x-gf's bf viewing it...hehehe
    what a loser :glee:
  • pag ginawa mo yun, para mo lang lalong sinaktan sarili mo. sabi nga nila. what you dont know won't hurt you.
  • RedhotOneRedhotOne PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    shychic wrote: »
    why not ask your bf directly whatever you want to know?

    Just be aware that some guys tend to paint a negative picture of their ex as a reason kaya nila iniwan... kahit yung girl ang nakipag-break sa kanila. hehe :)

    To answer the question on the topic, it's ok to check... but for me it's a waste of time. Just have more faith in yourself na you have desirable qualities na nagustuhan ng guy. Hindi ka pa lalabas na sobrang insecure kapag nabuking ka ng bf mo.
  • un sakin before, i looked for the ex via friendster just cuz she would see us around, tas after na saka sasabihin ng bf ko na nakasalubong pala namin lagui... since he wouldn't want to give me details about her, i made my own research. nothing more, nothing less.

    for me kasi, depends sa intention. :)
  • RedhotOne wrote:
    To answer the question on the topic, it's ok to check... but for me it's a waste of time. Just have more faith in yourself na you have desirable qualities na nagustuhan ng guy. Hindi ka pa lalabas na sobrang insecure kapag nabuking ka ng bf mo.

    bold faced mine

    alas! finally i found the correct term to call my X :glee:

    thanks RedhotOne
  • at tska pag nakita mo yun, ikaw lang din ang mahihirapan hindi ba? pagaawayan nyo pa yon. so wag na lang kung maaari
  • RedhotOneRedhotOne PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    You're welcome, gaelan. :)

    Tama ka, crissy. Dapat nga wag na nating abalahin ang sarili natin sa mga ex nila. Basta compatible kayo sa isa't-isa, mag-concentrate na lang kayo in strengthening your new-found love. Make this new start a long and loving relationship.
  • i checked my gf's ex a couple of times in the past, twice or thrice siguro. I was just curious what they guy looks like. Pero tapos na yun. I don't see any issues with it. I don't care if he takes it as an ego-booster. I got my greatest prize anyway.
  • hindi ba parang sign ng insecurity yun?
  • WHAT YOU DONT KNOW WONT HURT YOU
    remember you're feelings are at risks
  • dOnNa021dOnNa021 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    isabellA16 wrote: »
    WHAT YOU DONT KNOW WONT HURT YOU
    remember you're feelings are at risks

    i agree*okay*
  • dOnNa021 wrote: »
    i agree*okay*
    i agree din.. tha more you dig.. the more it will hurt..
  • MaLDiTa27 wrote: »
    i agree din.. tha more you dig.. the more it will hurt..

    check mo myspace ng bf mo baka ibang babae ang nakalagay :glee: imbes na ikaw
  • 2424 wrote: »
    check mo myspace ng bf mo baka ibang babae ang nakalagay :glee: imbes na ikaw
    ahahaha loko ikaw..
Sign In or Register to comment.