COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Life.... is boring...

Is it just me, or is there nothing really exciting to look forward to?

Comments

• thatgirlthatgirl She's that girl. PExer
    i believe each one of us gets stuck in a rut every once in a while.. it's a normal part of life i think.
  • Another thing is, the number of things one can do in Manila is limited.

What do you people do in your spare time? If you're in Manila, you can:

1. Chill out at home, surf, or veg out in front of the tv.
    2. Go shopping at the malls.
    3. Watch a movie either out, or rent a VHS.
    4. Go to Enchanted Kingdom (not everyday)
    5. Play basketball.
    6. bum bum bum
    i guess it's pretty much the same anywhere. i hope you find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one suffering the same kind of boredom and monotony in life. in fact, most of us are going through the same thing.

me, on weekdays, i go to school, go home, study if i feel like it, surf the internet, watch some tv or listen to some music, sleep.

on weekends, if i'm lucky, i go out with my friends to hang out at the mall or watch a movie. if all of my friends are busy, i go to the mall by myself and do some shopping. otherwise, i stay home, surf, be a couch potato.. if i'm really desperate and bored out of my wits, i talk to myself.
  • darling, i only talk to myself when inside my car :)

bummer man. another thing that gets me down is this whole IMPEACHMENT trial. Our President is such a thief. You ever get the feeling that you're sick and tired of living in a 3rd world country where there is so much suffering? These days I think more and more about going to live somewhere else. It sucks.

Sometimes, I think I know how my lolo and lola feel. Heck, THEY can't go malling, and morbid as it seems, it's true. Most of their friends are dead. :( Mostly, it's just family that's "left", although family is something to be grateful for.

It's just that these days have been a bummer. I don't know why. Maybe it's the weather. Maybe it's the reality of an unjust world. Maybe it's the thought that it's hard to make an honest buck these days, and the lack of truly fulfilling work that you can enjoy.

Kids. They have it much easier, I tell you.

You know what they say, "The Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence."

My Existential WishList:

1. Beautiful log-cabin by the lake, where I can have breakfast prepared by my lovely wife, and admire the scenery.

2. Clean air, clean roads, enough money to be comfortable, and a good cup of hot chocolate.

3. Two children, one girl, one boy. The girl is named Cathy, and the boy is named.. hmmn.. let's call him "Dude". "Hey, dude! Come over here!"

4. A bicycle, a skooter, and a frisbee.

5. A *nice* digital camera, (Kodak DC290), and a colored Palm :)

6. A Convertible! YEAH!!! :lol:

7. A fulfilling job working at the United Nations. :)

8. A pair of skis, snowboards, and warm clothing + a kick-***** pair of shades :lol:

That's all for now. :)

a little bit off-topic but since you posted your wish list.. i might as well put up mine as well:

1) a boyfriend who'll love me with a love so great

2) a toyota echo

3) a condo or apartment near school to share with my friends

4) a laptop, a scanner and maybe a new pc (yes, i'm a computer geek)

5) better skills at web design

6) a satellite dish and a home theater system (to fulfill my couch potato needs)

7) a lifetime supply of cigarettes (i know it'll kill me but that's the whole plan anyway.. i don't want to grow too old to the point of senility)

i guess when i have all that, i wouldn't be bored ever again.
  • actually right now, I'd settle for a Mango kiwi shake at The Big Chill..
  • zimdudezimdude indietechartist PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    y'know, I find myself the opposite... I don't have time to do all the things to do! so my #1 wishlist is more time, or to need less sleep :D

and to say that Manila activities are limited, means you haven't digged up enough yet. the least you can do is go out meet interesting people who you can do cool stuff with. I do that for my interests, which are computers (Internet engineering, which I rave about in the proper forum), reading and writing non-fiction, and (mostly) indie music. I may not be the best in each of these, but find collaborators and things will really turn around.

p.s. thatgirl nice song - "Sunshine Through My Window..." :)
  • xyzseamanxyzseaman Loved by Adm!n ~ PExer
    Sometimes, you have that feeling that everything is soooo ******d Up...its like being Peter O'Toole in "Murphy's War"...no matter how hard you tried to control the situation, something bad will happen...
  • NoisyCricketNoisyCricket Filipino! PExer
    You know as I was watching the news on TV, and the news broke out that 5 bombs had just exploded almost simultaneously in several areas of the Metropolis, I suddenly felt myself wishing we had a Superman. But we don't, and that sucks. All we have is a corrupt President trying to hang on to power. He couldn't spread out his "earnings" over his term so he wouldn't be that obvious... NOOOO... he had to grab as MUCH as he COULD, as FAST as he could.. jeez.. eh di malamang... mabibisto din siya!

It was like watching a scene from a really bad movie where something catastrophic has to happen to make the movie exciting, except that it was real.
  • yndisfaguryndisfagur Member PExer
    oo nga... the news about the bombings were really depressing... there's this "thought" na the bombings were actually doings of Erap... so he can declare martial law... wala ng impeachment... he stays...
    lungkot noh? :(
  • YourselfYourself Member PExer
    Eh sasabihin naman ni Erap: " bakit ko naman gagawin yon eh (alam ko naman na) mananalo ako sa impeachment trial" hehe sampung senador hawak niya remember... tsaka si almonte talaga gumawa nun, expert sa explosives yun eh hehe
    anyway, para di ka ma-bore quit your job/school tapos salika sa war sa mindanao, maging cafgu ka or something, kahit BB gun lang gamit mo, o di exciting kasi pwede kang mapatay pero pwede mo lang mabulag yung mga kalaban mo
  • laconiclaconic persnickety PExer
    Okay, I think you guys have really gone off-topic here. Going back to the original thread - that life is boring - I really can't understand why it should be. There are so many things to do, and I feel like am running out of time: a plethora of books to read, new things to experience, places to go to...I can go on and on. You don't even have to leave the country to discover new places. We are in fact strangers in our own country.

I find that the people who get bored are those who do not find new things to do. Monotony can kill you.

I share the same sentiment with zimdude, I wish there were more time to do all the things I want to do. I always thought sleeping was a waste of time. Imagine 6 to 8 hours of unproductive activity. Heck, I could have had used the time reading a book or journey into some unknown place (well yeah, we can do that in our dreams, but it ain't the same). But then, our body needs rest to be able to be more productive. So throw me a pillow.

• yndisfaguryndisfagur Member PExer
    * throws a pillow at laconic *
    :lol: :bop:
  • purploonypurploony Moon Elf Necromancer PExer
    how can life be boring when there are so many things to do? and i don't mean just school or work routines. go support a cause. go read the classics. go bungee-jumping. but do SOMETHING. believe me, life is actually too short when compared to all the things you can do in this world! don't waste it! =)
  • codeslutcodeslut Member PExer
    Life's pretty exciting at the moment, actually.
  • ziggyboyziggyboy Member PExer
    I have only one thing to say: CLUBBING SUCKS! People do the same things, kaso lang different clubs. High school stuff! The older ones that go to clubs are probably those who were too nerdy to do those things when they were in high school. Hehehe, opinion lang.

Life actually became better for me when I stopped going on useless gimmicks.
  • candyraincandyrain dreamer PExer
    Originally posted by ziggyboy
    I have only one thing to say: CLUBBING SUCKS! People do the same things, kaso lang different clubs. High school stuff! The older ones that go to clubs are probably those who were too nerdy to do those things when they were in high school. Hehehe, opinion lang.

Life actually became better for me when I stopped going on useless gimmicks.

nightlife gets old at some point, i agree. been there. done that. the next best thing's chillin with homies, tv, drinkin up.
  • Rocky RoadRocky Road Sugar Roll PExer
    Actually, this wish list are all possible. Depende kung ano ang priority mo sa buhay and if you say life is boring, you wouldn't be able to achieve any of this wish list. When I was on my teen days, I never thought I'd own my own house, drive my own car and pretty much what you have on your wish list. I left the Philippines with one goal in life, to make my life better. And you know what, keep on exploring new avenues 'til you get what you want, don't stop, don't give up. There's always something there for you. You just have to find it. Coz I already found mine.
    My Existential WishList:

1. Beautiful log-cabin by the lake, where I can have breakfast prepared by my lovely wife, and admire the scenery.

2. Clean air, clean roads, enough money to be comfortable, and a good cup of hot chocolate.

3. Two children, one girl, one boy. The girl is named Cathy, and the boy is named.. hmmn.. let's call him "Dude". "Hey, dude! Come over here!"

4. A bicycle, a skooter, and a frisbee.

5. A *nice* digital camera, (Kodak DC290), and a colored Palm :)

6. A Convertible! YEAH!!! :lol:

7. A fulfilling job working at the United Nations. :)

8. A pair of skis, snowboards, and warm clothing + a kick-***** pair of shades :lol:

That's all for now. :)

[/QUOTE]
  • pinboxpinbox pins and needles PExer
    i was looking for the "what's on your mind" thread but saw this one... just wanted to post these three simple words...

i am bored... :(
  • dunno about you guys, but MY life is boring with a capital B. nothing exciting ever happens to me. oh well, ok lang i ges. ayoko naman na exciting na tragic. pero sigh. boring talaga ang aking buhay. school, friends and home. hardly have time to go out nga eh. i'm not even that much of an interesting person. i'm really dull, i'm not even a good conversationalist. hmmm...you never know, maybe things will change for the better. (yeah right, i bet after 10 years, i'll STILL be like this!) :p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file