Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - General
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Margaret, palaban sa Miss World '07!

kyupaybkyupayb PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Margaret, palaban sa Miss World '07!
Dondon Sermino

1195637195_margaret-wilson2.jpg

Sa December 1 na ang grand coronation night ng 2007 Miss World Festival, na [email protected]@napin sa Crown of Beauty Theatre, sa Sanya, China.

Ang Filipino-Scottish na si Margaret Nales Wilson, ang inaasahan ng buong bansa na mag-uuwi ng most elusive crown na hindi pa napapanalunan ng isang Pinay. Sana nga ay talunin ni Margaret ang 109 pang ibang contestants.

Sa limang fast track events para sa 2007 Miss World-Beach Beauty, pumasok si Margaret sa Beach Beauty bilang semi-finalist. Paglalabanan pa ang Talent, Beauty With A Purpose at Top Model. Umaasa ang lahat na papasok an gating pambato sa alinmang fast track events para makakuha ng slot.

Born in the Philippines but raised in Saudi Arabia, si Margaret ay graduate ng Computer Programming (Web Design) at balak pang mag-aral ng law after completing her duties as Miss Philippines-World. Mahilig si Margaret ay art, history, at rock music, at ambisyon niyang sumikat biang isang model sa Asya, at eventually, sa Europa.

"Never take life for granted. You have to take care and share the blessings that you receive and make something meaningful out of your life as you go through each day," say ni Margaret.

Naniniwala ang mga tao sa paligid ni Margaret na handang-handa ito sa paglaban sa Ms. World, matapos niyang magdaan sa matinding training sa catwalk skills at personality development.

Ang Miss World 2007 ay mapapanood ng live sa ABC 5 sa Sabado (Dec. 1), 8:15 p.m.

check her profile and pix @ http://www.missworld.tv/bio/bio.sps?iBiographyID=93088

Comments

• kyupaybkyupayb PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    she's hot..

life.jpgmaggie1196319605.gifmargaret-wilson.jpg

maggie3.jpg

maggie2.jpg

maggi.jpg
    RP bet wants elusive crown
    11/01/07
    Posted under Miss World, Maggie Wilson
    By Armin Adina
    Inquirer

maggie-wilson.jpg

MANILA, Philippines–“Enough with the bashing!”

Filipino-Scottish Margaret “Maggie” Wilson, the Philippine bet to the 57th Miss World pageant, made the appeal to her kababayans during her send-off party last week at the Araneta Coliseum Gazebo in Quezon City.

The 18-year-old actress and MTV VJ said she needs all the support she can get as she prepares to fly to Sanya, China to compete in the prestigious beauty pageant.

Unfavorable comments

Maggie was reacting to unfavorable comments hurled against her by pageant fanatics on numerous media, including the Internet.

Maggie, who was also adjudged Miss Photogenic in Binibining Pilipinas-World last March, has been enduring scathing comments about her supposedly imperfect looks.

“It’s such a bad habit that we Filipinos have,” Maggie said, referring to the insults.

Up to the last minute, Maggie had to dismiss rumors about her being stripped of her title after questions were raised on her eligibility to participate in the prestigious competition.

She reportedly failed to comply with a pageant requirement: That contestants should at least be a high school graduate during the competition. She was just about to graduate from high school when she was crowned Binibining Pilipinas-World.

“I only heard about it from my friends who asked if what was said on the radio was true,” she recalled. “I just came from the Araneta offices for my training and fitting. I told the Binibining Pilipinas Charities about it, so they released an official statement saying I’m still the girl.”

Maggie chose to brush off rumors, concentrating on her preparations for the finals instead. She said she got valuable tips on how to win the judges’ approval from Miss World finalists Mafae Yunon and Karla Bautista, her predecessor Anna Maris Igpit and 1993 Miss World princess and second runner-up Ruffa Gutierrez.

Maggie will face competition from more than 100 delegates around the world. She finds Angola’s Micaela Reis and the Dominican Republic’s Ada Aimee de la Cruz as among the most beautiful.

In Asia, she believes her strongest competitors are Malaysia’s Deborah Priya Henry and India’s Sarah-Jane Dias. “India always sends strong competitors,” Maggie noted.

Semifinal slot

But she believes her being multi-racial and well-traveled will give her an edge in the competition. She has also prepared for “fast-track” events where the winners automatically earn a semifinal slot.

“I’m doing the sports challenge because I’m athletic. I’ve been hitting the gym a lot-training,” she revealed. “If I do the talent event, I’ll sing a local song by artist Julianne. Her songs are feel-good.”

The 5′9 1/2″ beauty also hopes there would still be SMS voting this year, as in the last five editions. “I’m not sure. There’s still no feedback from the Miss World organization,” she said.

But before she leaves for the Dec. 1 pageant, Maggie begged her fellow Pinoys to “pray for me.”

“I need you to believe in me and what I can do,” she said. “I’m going to give it my all!”

Photo courtesy of the Philippine Daily Inquirer
    i think im in love with her.. haha..

00maggiekd6.jpg

maggie3.jpg

maggie01au9.jpg
    Margaret Wilson Makes it as Top Model Finalist in Miss World

maggie07mu1.jpg

The shortlist for the Miss World 2007 Top Model award was revealed, as the 107 contestants excitedly gathered in the beautiful Crowne Plaza Hotel Ballroom to hear who had been selected by the judging panel to go through to the final. The twenty successful girls (There was a tie for the 20th position) waited anxiously as Miss World Chairman Julia Morley announced the finalist’s names.

The twenty-one shortlisted contestants (Alphabetically by country) are:

Albania, Argentina, Belarus, Chile, China PR, Denmark, Ethiopia, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico, Montenegro, Nigeria, Philippines, Slovakia, Spain, Trinidad & Tobago and United States.

The opening round of the Top Model award was a hotly contested competition. Many of the girls have worked as fashion models prior to being selected for Miss World so the category is one that is very close to their hearts. The twenty girls selected for the Top Fashion Model final will now be placed in the hands of a team of hair and make-up experts and top stylists who will advise and direct the girls for their modelling appearances in the Miss World 2007 Dynasties Fashion Show.

Julia Morley, Miss World Chairman, commented “Fashion modelling is a tough business and the girls are going to have to work hard to deliver what is going to be a sensational fashion event. The twenty-one shortlisted girls will now be directed and styled by our team of experts. They are now in the hands of the true fashion show professionals. I wish all twenty-one of them the best of luck. The outfits are terrific and the Fashion show for Miss World 2007 will be an event to remember.”

The winner of this special fast-track competition will win a $5,000 contract with Models One UK, and a special design by world famous designer Hu Xiaodan.

The Dynasties Fashion Show will take place at the Beauty Crown Theatre on the tropical island paradise of Sanya on 24 November
  • deegee81deegee81 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    manalo kaya?
  • sana makapasok sya sa finals,kahit finals man lang..
  • sana manalo o matalo,ibuild-up sya ng gma.
  • kamukha nya si ruffa gutierrez
  • good luck to maggie!
  • sana manalo s'ya.. she has everything..
  • starczamorastarczamora Sissie DaToic PEx Moderator
    Andaming maganda ngayon sa Miss World. Hopefully mapansin siya ni Julia Morley.
  • Ba't sa ibang pictures, mukha siyang Filipina, pag meron naman siyang make-up, muka siyang Latina?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file