FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Advisory: New Threads and Posts Will Be Moderated

AdaAda Administrator PEx Admin
Due to the numerous trolls and constant bashing in this forum, new threads and posts will not show up until a moderator approves them. The PEx User Agreement will be the basis for approving or rejecting new posts and threads.

Comments

• KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Reminder to all posters:

When you submit a post, you will not be able to view it. But it has been posted and will be part of the database. It will be made visible to all when a moderator or administrator gets to read and approve it.

So please do not wonder about your "missing" posts. There is no need to make test posts or to submit your post again. There is also no need to log in with your alternick and try using that account to post. It won't be immediately seen, either. Why give away your identity? :D
    OK, allow me to illustrate what happens with this new moderation protocol. Whenever a new post is made to a thread in The Academe, the post is added to the thread but is invisible to everyone except administrators and myself. When we go to the forum index, we see a special symbol beside the thread title, such as the one below:

8fl57xs.jpg

You will not see that symbol. That is our signal that there are some posts which need moderation. We open the thread, read the posts, and approve, edit, or remove them.

However, unlike unmoderated forums, adding a post does not move the thread to the top of the list. That happens only after we approve the post. So until we do that, the thread title remains in its old place in the index, with only the little symbol present to alert us.

Normally I check for symbols from Page 1 downwards. When I reach Page 5 or so I give up. So if you reply to a thread in Page 10, 20 or some far out location, I will not immediately notice. Your post could stay unread for a long time.

I know, it sucks. There is no convenient alternative I know of. So if you should happen to post in an "old thread" that is unnoticed, let me know, like Altwegg has done, so I can bring it up to the top.

Thank you.
    Paalala sa lahat ng mga bagito:

Ipinatutupad pa rin ang patakaran na nakalahad dito. Basahin muna itong thread bago kayo mag-double post, triple post, mag-PM sa akin, o magmura. *okay*
This discussion has been closed.