COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

UITF | Mutual Fund - BPI Asset Management

corncorn Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
good pm! im planning to invest here. i asked my bank officer where to invest and he said that the premium bond fund is doing good for the past months. i need your feedback guys. is it wise to invest 50k here?

Comments

• business_guybusiness_guy Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    corn wrote: »
    good pm! im planning to invest here. i asked my bank officer where to invest and he said that the premium bond fund is doing good for the past months. i need your feedback guys. is it wise to invest 50k here?

As far as I know, BPI Premium Bond Fund is doing good for the past months. People who had invested this Trust Fund last month probably enjoying the highs of this trust fund. But as always, when it comes in investing in any forms of trust fund (I'm talking in general), historical performance is not the basis whether the trust fund is good or not. My advice is that, yes, it is advisable to invest in BPI Premium Bond Fund. Minimum placement is P50k. Another Trust Fund that is advisable to invest in BPI in Dollar denominated currency is their BPI Global Philippine Fund. Minimum investment for this trust fund is $1,000.00. So far, when it comes to trust fund investment, BPI's trust fund is the best in the market and is the largest with over P240 Billion under its trust management alone....
  • corncorn Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    sir, thanks for the reply. i think ill visit the bank next week to push through with my investment. its better than spending on new gadgets and unimportant, unneccessary stuff.
  • HenrikHenrik Member PExer
    If you're NOT risk-averse, you may opt to invest in equity UITFs. BPI is offering BPI Equity Fund and Phil. Stock Index Fund. But the crucial point here is the timing. You may want to wait before buying.

However, if you're not to keen on investing in equities (stocks), then you'd be better off in fixed income UITFs like BPI Premium Fund. Note, however, that the return on this fund is not as high as last year's. If you invested last year, you would have earned around 12% net. If you start today, by the end of the year, you'd be getting 2% net at best.

Remember that when you invest in BPI Premium Fund, you intend to keep it there for at least a year. And ONLY invest your disposable income.
    Henrik wrote: »
    If you're NOT risk-averse, you may opt to invest in equity UITFs. BPI is offering BPI Equity Fund and Phil. Stock Index Fund. But the crucial point here is the timing. You may want to wait before buying.

However, if you're not to keen on investing in equities (stocks), then you'd be better off in fixed income UITFs like BPI Premium Fund. Note, however, that the return on this fund is not as high as last year's. If you invested last year, you would have earned around 12% net. If you start today, by the end of the year, you'd be getting 2% net at best.

Remember that when you invest in BPI Premium Fund, you intend to keep it there for at least a year. And ONLY invest your disposable income.

BPI Equity is actually the one of the most volatile UITF in BPI, but for those people who get used to numerous investment cycles and procedures. A risk taker is suitable for this product. Anyway, for 'corn', before he'll be asked to invest for any BPI UITF or Mutual Fund, he'll be taking short suitability test to determine what is the ideal trust proudcts for him. I do not know with other banks, but for BPI, before you can invest on any UITFs, you are required to take client suitability test. Though for instance 'corn's' result in the test that he is best suitable for Short Term UITF, but if he still insist to invest at Premium Bond Fund, he can still invest in Premium Bond Fund.
    If you are a first time investor (which also means that you don't have any investment experience with other banks), Short Term UITF is advisable, because if you immediately invest at equity fund, baka magka heart attack ka (lol)....
    Source: http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=455856&publicationSubCategoryId=74

BPI assets under management hit P370 billion
    By Ted P. Torres Updated April 07, 2009 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines – The Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) is managing P370-billion worth of assets, making it the biggest assets under management (AUMs) by a domestic commercial bank.

Total AUMs under trust funds managed by the commercial banks is reportedly worth P1.3 trillion.

Majority of AUMs managed by BPI are invested in fixed income instruments, which offer a safer haven for investors with lower tolerance for risks, yet better returns than savings or special savings instruments.

“We are still catering to clients on conservative investments, short-term investment requirements,” BPI executive vice president and head of BPI Asset Management Group (BPI AMG) Adelbert A. Legasto said.

“There has been however a noticeable shift to medium- to long-term market, which is investing funds on corporate bond issues,” he added.

In the first quarter of the year, reputable companies have issued debt papers to raise capital, which has attracted individual and institutional investors.

Some of these are Globe Telecommunications, Ayala Land Corp., the Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT), Robina Farms, and San Miguel Corp.

However, there are strong indications that most of the companies are front loading or raising capital within the first semester, and that there may be a draught in the second semester.

Legasto explained that many corporates would like to avail of funds early as there are strong indications that funds may not be available in the second semester based on the forecast poor performance of the economy in that period.

“Companies want it have the flexibility to move around and continue to their programs, by getting their funding at the start of the year. Most likely, there will be less in the second semester,” the BPI executive vice president said.

“Fixed income funds will continue to dominate the market, as clients prefer to stay conservative, and risk adverse although there will still be trickles going to the equity markets,” Legasto said.

Trust funds offered by the BPI include the BPI equity fund, balanced fund, global Philippine fund, dollar bond index fund, global equity fund, international fund plus, gold fund, short term fund, premium bond fund, and an institutional fund.

Last year, BPI managed AUMs worth P290 billion grew with a market share of 20 percent of the total AUMs managed by commercial banks. Its unit investment trust fund (UITF) in the bond market grew by 3.95 percent while the peso bond fund by 4.21 percent.

The BPI asset group also manages mutual funds in the equity, fixed income, balanced, peso and dollar fund....
  • Tas BurrfootTas Burrfoot Banned by Admin PExer
    dapat mabasa ito ni Fernando Herreira... :bop:

MABUHAY ang mga naka NI!! :lol:
  • fernando_hierrofernando_hierro Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    Mabuhay?

Pero Tas, ang sabi, alam mo ba yung mga MTIs na piso piso ang count ng BSP? So per BSP rules, 318B lang ang AMTG vs 338B and BDO. Yang 370B na sinasabi ng AMTG, pag yung MTIs valued at market. Pag ginawa rin ni BDO yung ganoong valuation, 400B+ sila.

Di pa counted sa BDO yung trust ng Private Bank...
    Mabuhay?

Pero Tas, ang sabi, alam mo ba yung mga MTIs na piso piso ang count ng BSP? So per BSP rules, 318B lang ang AMTG vs 338B and BDO. Yang 370B na sinasabi ng AMTG, pag yung MTIs valued at market. Pag ginawa rin ni BDO yung ganoong valuation, 400B+ sila.

Kasama na yun sa BDO and I think it won't anyhow will reach PHP400 Billion or more as of this time. Reputable article won't release such title if not true. BPI has been the top Trust Management in the Country ever since. Nalampasan lang sila ni BDO for just one year, because BDO trust was combined with the EPCIB. Neck to neck ang competition nila and BDO gained like P20-30 billion from BPI. You have to check the monthly report of the bank. As for the month of March 2008, BPI leads. By April 2008, malay mo, BDO na naman. As for as I know, konti lang ang lamang ni BPI and BDO as for the month of March 2009. When it comes sa trust management, only two banks compete. Yung third largest kasi malaki ang gap, so never mind those (lol). As far as I know, BPI's UITF and MF is doing VERY GREAT since January. I put some of my funds again sa Premium Bond Fund ng BPI (pulled out a portion from my SDA to place at Premium Bond Fund). Sa ngayon, ayaw ko pa mag place sa Dollar UITFs or MFs kahit saang banks. Natutulog lang sa Dollar Time Deposit na ubod ng baba ng rate: 0.50% for 35 days - special rate daw yun!!!!
    Mabuhay?

So per BSP rules, 318B lang ang AMTG vs 338B and BDO.

Reference about BSP rules???? Please post reference. Are you certain na kasama na ba yung figures sa private banking division ng BPI???? Please post reference. Other topic - Number 1 sa SDA placements ang BPI sa BSP maski malaki maningil ng trust fee ang BPI (lol). Just read confirmation article of BPI sa pse website that BPI will have high net income for the first quarter of 2009 - parang net income ng ibang bank for one year or more. Of course, asset base ng lahat ng banks bababa for the first quarter. Lagi naman ganyan sa first quarter....
    Mabuhay?

Hmm... Could be true, you have a point my friend!!

Regards mo nalang ako sa mga chicks diyan sa Oz!! *okay*
    Hmm... Could be true, you have a point my friend!!

Regards mo nalang ako sa mga chicks diyan sa Oz!! *okay*

Could be pero wala naman disclosure, so no truth at all as of the moment on what fernando hierro had said above. We need reference, di lang insights or thoughts....
    Tas,

Walang tiwala itong si business_guy sa atin. Di nya tayo kilala...
    Source ko si tacs at si anigs...

Abangan na lang niya official BSP sa Businessworld banking quarterly

Nadala si business_guy ng marketing spiel ng AMTG.

AMTG pa tayo tinapatan ni business_guy. Sigurado ako dehins sya taga doon. Di natin siya kilala...
    Tas,

Walang tiwala itong si business_guy sa atin. Di nya tayo kilala...
    Source ko si tacs at si anigs...

Abangan na lang niya official BSP sa Businessworld banking quarterly

Nadala si business_guy ng marketing spiel ng AMTG.

AMTG pa tayo tinapatan ni business_guy. Sigurado ako dehins sya taga doon. Di natin siya kilala...

May mga pen-names ka pang nalalaman. Ano ka, national hero (lol)? (Out-of-topic) - Sa working filipino forum about those people who were not fortunate to be employed at BDO, though I know you want a straight forward answer to some forumer's query, pero may 'okray' effect ka pa (hehe)....
    For sure partner, di ito taga AMTG!! :D
    And who told you I'm part of them????
    You know fernando hierro, i would appreciate very much if you can post a legitimate reference on what you're claiming. di naman ako magmamatigas if you can show a proof. Of course, can you blame me if until right now I don't believe your given info above? I would definitely concede on certain topics with proof....
    you'll find out soon

nagpadala ka sa marketing spiel ni mario
    nabasa mo lang sa star yan
    di mo inintindi ang business ng trust

318b lang ang official aum ng amtg
    yang 370b naka market value ang MTI na per BSP
    piso piso lang ang count nyan
    you'll find out soon

nagpadala ka sa marketing spiel ni mario
    nabasa mo lang sa star yan
    di mo inintindi ang business ng trust

318b lang ang official aum ng amtg
    yang 370b naka market value ang MTI na per BSP
    piso piso lang ang count nyan

Reference please :naughty:. Gising ka na pala....
    hoy business_guy

yang reference mo, press release ng bpi amtg yan
    nag arrange nyan si mario miranda
    marketing spiel

since masipag ka naman kumuha ng data
    ito turuan kita

abangan mo yung mga consolidated statements of financial condition ng mga bangko
    i publish yun sa diyaryo, requirement ng bsp every quarter

tingnan mo under contingent accounts
    hanapin mo yung Trust and Other Accounts Under Management
    yun ang bilangin mo

tapos tingnan mo na rin yung column sa balance sheet on Equity
    yun ang Capital na sinusulat mo sa kabilang thread
    yun ang bilangin mo
    at hindi Market Cap
    magtanong ka sa mga stock analyst kung ano ang official na capital ng isang corporaion
    Capital Account ba o Market Cap

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file