Home PEx Hobbies Electronic Gaming
Ho-Ho-Hope you have a holly jolly holidays, PExers! 🎅

Street Fighter IV

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x38gh1_trailer-street-fighter-iv_videogames

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3163721

Capcom teases their next major fighter.
By Patrick Klepek, 10/17/2007

As Capcom's media event gets started overseas, the company has already dropped one spectacularly major, but long awaited, announcement by revealing Street Fighter IV is currently in development. Capcom's community website has been counting down for over a week now, as gamers have speculated over what could be such a big deal.

The short teaser is nothing more than some Ryu and Ken stylized artwork of them fighting, with no word on what platforms the game is coming to or a projected release date. Clearly, Capcom is strictly teasing at this point.

Of all games, Street Fighter IV is probably worthy of such a countdown, considering Capcom released the original iteration of Street Fighter III back in 1997. A few months later came 2nd Impact: Giant Attack, which tweaked the gameplay and introduced two new characters, eventually followed up by 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future, bringing back Chun-Li and an addition four new characters, in 1999.

Unfortunately, we don't know anything more than that, and any impressions or announcements from the event are embargoed until later this week. Until then, let the speculation begin on what Capcom's bringing to the table in their latest numbered sequel in the Street Fighter series.

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/xbox360...21132945404017

Street Fighter 4
Development has just begun and the release of the game is more than a year away. No platforms are yet confirmed - a highly stylised animated concept trailer of Ryu and Ken fighting was shown, but no game footage.

Comments

• st.angerst.anger PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    bring back Guile! and the other classic characters too.
  • QuincyHernandezQuincyHernandez Meaner Than Demons PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    I've seen the trailer...

Its really awesome...

Out of this world...!!
  • trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0hIiqBegbY

okay to mukang ibabalik nila yung classic na realistic tulad ng sa animated movie. hindi ko na pinansin yung street fighter nung naging alpha / zero na.

tulad nito sa fighting scene animated movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH0DKQYWHic
  • DunedainDunedain PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Would be nice if the game comes out AS IS from the trailer. Cel-shaded. Stylized. I'd be surprised if they made this into 3D since it's been 2D for so long. But then again, that was also the failure of Mortal Combat.
  • nice trailer! it's like watching a movie already!
  • Dunedain wrote: »
    Would be nice if the game comes out AS IS from the trailer. Cel-shaded. Stylized. I'd be surprised if they made this into 3D since it's been 2D for so long. But then again, that was also the failure of Mortal Combat.

****** gameplay killed the 3d mk
  • hindi rin masama kung next-generation na 2d game, yung parang anime quality na yung itsura. parang nanonood ka na ng anime yung quality. kasi masyado na rin typical ang 3D fighting ngayon kaya wala na rin pinagkaiba kung ganon din gagawin nila.

kung magiging 3d kasi yan dapat ang title niyan yung street fighter ex2 na.
  • I wonder if they would release this one on the arcades?
  • kopinux wrote: »
    kung magiging 3d kasi yan dapat ang title niyan yung street fighter ex2 na.
    Just an FYI: There already is a Street Fighter EX2 and EX3. EX2 Plus was even released for the PS1.

EX3 even had a tag-team system.

Anyway I wonder what kind of gameplay innovations they'll come up with here? Hardcore 2D fighting fans will remember the Alpha/Zero Counters from Alpha/Zero 2, the various -ISMs from Alpha/Zero 3 and "parrying" from SF3...
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i'm supposed to be wetting my pants right now.. but am not..

it just a title screen opening animation, big deal.

even the ps1 can do that.
  • st.angerst.anger PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    it better be in 2D 'coz EX sucked massive balls.
  • Just an FYI: There already is a Street Fighter EX2 and EX3. EX2 Plus was even released for the PS1.

EX3 even had a tag-team system.

Anyway I wonder what kind of gameplay innovations they'll come up with here? Hardcore 2D fighting fans will remember the Alpha/Zero Counters from Alpha/Zero 2, the various -ISMs from Alpha/Zero 3 and "parrying" from SF3...

ganoon ba? mukhang matagal ko na iniwan yung street fighter.

e di EX4 na kung 3d street fighter.

mukha namang okami yung trailer.
    Mukha nga. :) That's okay, no harm done.

e di EX4 na kung 3d street fighter.

mukha namang okami yung trailer.

hindi capcom gumawa ng ex series.

And mukhang okami since okami rin ung developer.
  • ^You sure? Wala ng Clover Studios diba?
  • ein wrote: »
    ^You sure? Wala ng Clover Studios diba?

Wala nang clover studios pero most of their staff are doing the game... albeit under a different name.
  • Ayos! :D

lorem ipsum.....
  • master_bait28master_bait28 PEx Rookie ⭐
    Yes finally SF4 will be released i hope it has the parry system like in 3rd strike para riot! nakakamiss kasi ang challenge! hehe good old days. mukha di nanaman mapapatayo ako pag naglaro na ako. pustahan!
  • master_bait28master_bait28 PEx Rookie ⭐
    Sana May Gouken Na Para Kalaban Ni Akuma!! Hehe
  • It's a relief, CAPCOM gets its hands really dirty on making a fighting game again...

Well, IMHO, cel-shaded and/or realistic characters could be at its best this time, given that in the early days even with powerful hardware realistic characters are hard to replicate in its full glory (though Mortal Kombat did a great job despite the limits of hardware back then), and especially now that Intel processors (even the Core processor) and graphics chips from NVIDIA and ATI plus embedded Linux or Windows XP OSes are used in arcade hardware. No problemo na, kahit Sega Naomi hardware, kayang-kaya na. Ewan ko lang, baka gumagawa din ang CAPCOM ng bagong arcade hardware just for the game, because I know CAPCOM is also a hardware maker...although they will just modify console chipsets for the arcade (the hardware running SFEX is actually Sony PlayStation hardware with souped-up RAM).

Still...looks like it'll be old-school gaming again! One-on-one, walang team! That's a fighting game!