Home PEx Lifestyle Visas and Immigration

Question about Visa and Passport pics.

I'm wondering. Is it okay for my passport and US visa pics to be the same pic (just different dimensions)?

Comments

• illuminaillumina PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    That used to be the case with my old visa and passport, but not anymore, I think. If I remember the Passport thread in this forum, the new passport pics for the machine-readable passports now have to have a royal blue background, but US visa pics still need a white background.
  • Thanks, illumina! Sorry for my late reply. Was wondering if the visa specs have changed since. I got my US visa pics taken several months ago. But now I 'll need new passport pics. Sigh.

Do you know if I can get the pics at Kodak or must I get those inside DFA and teh US embassy?
    Yup. I had my own passport and visa pics taken at Kodak; they already know the new DFA passport pics requirements. But I've been reading of other people who also had their pics taken at a studio (dunno which), only to be rejected by the DFA, but there's a photo booth within the premises for photo retakes.

The rest of my family had one shot taken for their passport and visa photos with a white background (for the visa), and then asked Kodak to just add the royal blue background digitally for the passport pics. I think that costs 20 bucks extra.

US Visa pics are still 2x2 inches. The Embassy website is always updated with whatever changes there may be. The visa pics from Kodak that I got were exactly the same as the specs listed on the US government's website. I just told them "US visa," and they did the rest.
  • OK, thanks a lot! :)
  • illumina wrote: »
    Yup. I had my own passport and visa pics taken at Kodak; they already know the new DFA passport pics requirements. But I've been reading of other people who also had their pics taken at a studio (dunno which), only to be rejected by the DFA, but there's a photo booth within the premises for photo retakes.

The rest of my family had one shot taken for their passport and visa photos with a white background (for the visa), and then asked Kodak to just add the royal blue background digitally for the passport pics. I think that costs 20 bucks extra.

US Visa pics are still 2x2 inches. The Embassy website is always updated with whatever changes there may be. The visa pics from Kodak that I got were exactly the same as the specs listed on the US government's website. I just told them "US visa," and they did the rest.

Just a few more questions:
    Nagamit ba ng family mo yung Kodak pics? If so, kelan kayo nagpunta sa DFA? What year?

Also, what does the DFA building look like so I can recognize it? Just to be sure. How do I find the passport division pagdating don? Madali ba? Ayoko lang magmukang ***** e. :D
    I'll answer your questions in the other thread that you made about passports; they seem more relevant there. :D

But, yeah, all our passport pics from Kodak were all accepted. Even mine was a different shade of blue from the rest of my family.