Home PEx Hobbies Music and Radio
Discuss your bets and predictions on who will be the next Miss Universe. 👑

RJ Underground Radio

LigaoenoLigaoeno PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
Hey people, have you tried listening to 105.9 RJ Underground Radio? I just found out about it a few days ago and I think its cool. Finally a station devoted solely to Rock n Roll.

So what do you think?

Comments

• Not a bad idea, but I hate the fact that it sounds too, err, "underground" - not because of the music but because of the reception. It's like listening to a terrible AM signal. Some tracks sound flat or terribly distorted...

...but kudos to the staff for playing artists that I thought I'd only find in my PC... Feist, Guillemots, the likes! :p

Now to improve their presentation style...
  • LigaoenoLigaoeno PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I agree with you the station sounds like an AM station,tunog lata. Hopefully the reception and the sound will improve soon. I'm sure the people behind the station know it and they are working on it. Let's just hope that this station will remain on air unlike their previous 105.9 predecessors.
  • I think their signal's better after finally launching. Some track still sound bad, though.

And, of course, presentation.

And, I think the station badly needs ads.
  • RJ Underground Radio 105.9 FM is a proud member of Rajah Broadcasting Network, one of the most respected companies in the Philippine Radio Industry.

Underground Radio continues a rich tradition of rock radio, a distinction its RJ parent stations have held for the last forty years. Underground Radio is redefining radio: experimenting with a completely new format, while striving to educate its listeners with well-researched and intelligent on-air conversation.

Above all, Underground Radio is a staunch supporter of Filipino music, giving our local artists the venue and the exposure that they deserve.

YOU CAN SEND SONGS/SINGLES/ALBUMS/DEMOS FOR AIRPLAY THROUGH:

7849 2nd Flr. Ventures 1 Bldg., Makati Avenue, cor. Gen. Luna St., Makati City.

OR E-MAIL TO:

[email protected] / [email protected]

http://undergroundradio1059.multiply.com/
  • Hi, welcome to your RJ Underground Radio 105.9 and I hope the new radio station was formerly than LA/Blazin' 105.9. Keep on listening to UR...Thanks!
  • erzo01erzo01 PEx Rookie ⭐
    Tomorrow na ang start ng Pinoy Rock Countdown (6:30-7PM).. Gonna make sure that it's posted in the PMC Thread 2.0 :cool:
  • RJ Underground Radio 105.9 FM this Saturday

"R U LISTENING ToUR" Leg #4 @ Al's Bar (BF Paranaque)

http://undergroundradio1059.multiply.com/calendar/item/10089
  • sobrang labo naman kasi sayang for me :|
  • Some of their DJs need to work on their communication skills.

But yeah, the music's great.
  • sooo...binili na naman ng ibang kompanya yung 105.9 radio frequency. sana parang LA 105.9 yung style ng pagtangkilik ng musikang Pilipino - walang pinipili kahit pangit basta magkaroon lang ng exposure and opportunity yung mga artist na radio time.
  • ^ kahit sa mga ibang stations may mga songs pa din hindi maganda pero pinapatugtog. ang okay dito sa station na ito, binibigyan nila ng pagkakataon yung mga indie underground bands.
  • dito ang tunay na pinoy raaakk!
    rak en rol! haha

dati sa NU ako eh...
    hehe dati un...

RJ na ko. underground daw eh hehe...
    yeahhh!!!
  • yup, support our indie music!
  • ever since i found this station, i rarely listen to anything else...

and sunday is nirvana for me...

jimmy jam is now peanuts and has joined the Sunday Rock Jam

cousin hoagy will bring back the Rock and Roll Machine next month

plus the best local indie bands can be heard only here...
  • MESHUGGAHMESHUGGAH PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    sana habaan ang SLAUGHTER HOUSE gawin man lang 1 & 1/2 hrs.
  • delanodelano PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    The previous 105.9 thread was about the old LA 105.9, so i'm creating a new one for 105.9 RJ Underground.

Ano tingin nyo sa playlist nila? Medyo chopsuey ang playlist pero so far gusto ko sya. Look at their playlist: Bob Marley, Bob Dylan, some sh*tty 90s bands (joke lang), Black Crowes, old OPM stuff...

What's lacking is yung mga new music (foreign/opm), but I think that's not really part of their playlist. And parang tunog plaka yung mga songs, including those from the 90s and 00s.

Surprising song I heard kanina: Toad the Wet Sprocket - Woodburning. The song was not released as a single, and I'm sure it was never ever played on local radio, until today. I have all their albums that's why I'm familiar with that song.
  • I also heard some 90's to early 00's songs & classics but not new songs from local artists like franco. Do they have a program that promotes unsigned bands and play their demos on air?
  • KevinDurantKevinDurant PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    at least after NU, may all rock station pa rin..
  • drei221drei221 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Saviour of Philippine Rock and Roll. Nice playlist, yung nga mejo chopsuey.
  • Ang playlist nila ay: (from what I heard) Classsic Rock, Modern Rock, Pinoy Rock. 3 songs in a row kaya strictly sinusunod yung ganung formula.

Gusto ko playlist nila kasi dito ko lang naririnig yung mga old heavy metal songs. Likes of LedZep, BlackSabb, DeepPurple, etc.

May program din silang Smells Like The Nineties. Narinig ko Wonderwall, pati mga kanta ng Soundgarden.