Home PEx Family and Society Family, Friends and Society

When you become parents...

how will you raise your children? Will it be the way you were raised or you'll raise your kids differently?

Comments

• I will raise them the American way! :D
  • Since there has been developments in child development and the modern day isn't simply the same as before, I'd probably have a different approach when raising my child. Basta however it will be, it will all be done out of love.
  • AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
    I'd raise them the way my parents raised me -- with good, old, traditional family values and love for God above all else.
  • just what my mom and dad did to me (kaya lumaki akong good girl!) :D

cat.gif
    -PussycaT-
  • BadGiRLBadGiRL PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Hmmm....... let's say..... modified. Kasi there are stuff na I don't agree with how my mother did it e. But I'm thankful she made us learn chinese since we were kids.
  • A little more democratic than the way my parents did it.

I have no regrets about how they raised me 'cause I turned out to be well-adjusted naman. Plus I have good convictions and judgement despite the fact that I have a lot of friends everywhere and peer pressure is prevalent these days. But the thing is, there's some stuff that I had to do behind their backs for a while when I was younger (like dating) because they've got some old fashioned notion that you should only have a b/f when you're ready to settle down (?!?!) Good thing they've got a change of heart kasi nakikita naman nila na I'm being responsible so pumayag na rin... eventually!
  • ...a bit like how my parents raised me... without making them miss the good part of their childhood... one that's based on friendship and trust...
  • QuentinQuentin PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i'll be one when i'll become one.
  • i would raise my kids as my parents have raised me... with some minor adjustments of course.

i just want my kids to grow up believing in themselves... that they can make a difference in this world.
  • when i become a mom, iba siguro ng konti sa upbringing ko. siguro a bit more of freedom. chaka d ko sila spoil! kasi ang hirap ng spoiled gaya ko. :D
  • I'd try to be the kind of parent who they can turn to when they need someone to talk to. May it be serious or not, basta I'll try my best to be someone they can tell everything or anything to. Masarap kasi yung open ang anak mo sa yo di ba. And of course, I'll be giving them all the love they need and want. I'd like to provide them with a simple yet fulfilling lifestyle.
  • I love the way my parents raised me and my sisters, so I would pretty much do the same (don't we all turn into our parents, whether we admit it or not?), but ofcourse I'd inject a little bit of my own brand of parenthood...i guess i'd try to be a cooler/funkier mom! :D
  • i'd probably raise my kids the same way my parents raised us. Pero unlike my father, siguro i'll spend time with them and if ever my job would be abroad, i'd make it a point to call often and encourage them to write their own letters to me.
  • CrusherCrusher PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    First of all, I will break away from the traditional Filipino thinking that the children are suppose to support the parents later on in their life.

All the while I am trying to raise my children, I will also try to raise myself as a good parent. I will try to be independent and provide for my own self so that I will not have to depend on them in my old age. While providing them with what they need early on in their life, I will also provide for the latter part of my own life.

I will not have dreams for my children as to what and how they should grow up. I will just rear them and nurture them and protect them while they are young and lead them to the path of their own independence. i will let them think for themselves.

I will make them aware that they are suppose to be responsible for their own actions.

I will bring them up under the religion that I was brought up but I will not stop them from joining whatever religion they may want to later on when they are mature enough (18 years old).

I will teah them to pray to God without always asking for anything, for how will they themselves if everytime someone tlks to them it is always to ask a favor?

I will also teach them to take actions than to worry about things.

I will try to remember that they are people too. That they have a separate mind and thinking than I. And that I should not try to imprison their mind with my own concept of how things should be.

I will not be a friend to them, I will be a parent that is around to nurture and support them. They should be free to have the friends they want, because when I am gone, their friends will be their support group, I had my own chance to have my own friends
    and fortunately I was luicky to have good friends. I wish for my children to be lucky tofind friends that will cafre foir and who will care about them.

I will not try to get into their limelight. I woill not claim anything for their own success. I will be happy for them for any accomplishments that they achieved. Those are theirs alone. I will not take any part of it. I already have my own summer in my life, this is the summer of their life and I would like them to enjoy it to the fullest without me taking away anything from them.

My happiness is that I have been God s tool in raising an honest, loving and responsible human being into this world. Although my children come to life through me and by me, I do not own them, they are not property that I should have a claim to. And I wish that they will raise their children the way I did them.
  • uhmm... cguro mejo ippattern ko rn dun sa way my parents raised me... pero sobrang magiging open dapat ung communication lines between me and my children... para if ever na magkaroon ng problems at least paguusapan na lang namin... :D
  • Originally posted by Crusher
    First of all, I will break away from the traditional Filipino thinking that the children are suppose to support the parents later on in their life.

All the while I am trying to raise my children, I will also try to raise myself as a good parent. I will try to be independent and provide for my own self so that I will not have to depend on them in my old age. While providing them with what they need early on in their life, I will also provide for the latter part of my own life.

I will not have dreams for my children as to what and how they should grow up. I will just rear them and nurture them and protect them while they are young and lead them to the path of their own independence. i will let them think for themselves.

I will make them aware that they are suppose to be responsible for their own actions.

I will bring them up under the religion that I was brought up but I will not stop them from joining whatever religion they may want to later on when they are mature enough (18 years old).

I will teah them to pray to God without always asking for anything, for how will they themselves if everytime someone tlks to them it is always to ask a favor?

I will also teach them to take actions than to worry about things.

I will try to remember that they are people too. That they have a separate mind and thinking than I. And that I should not try to imprison their mind with my own concept of how things should be.

I will not be a friend to them, I will be a parent that is around to nurture and support them. They should be free to have the friends they want, because when I am gone, their friends will be their support group, I had my own chance to have my own friends
    and fortunately I was luicky to have good friends. I wish for my children to be lucky tofind friends that will cafre foir and who will care about them.

I will not try to get into their limelight. I woill not claim anything for their own success. I will be happy for them for any accomplishments that they achieved. Those are theirs alone. I will not take any part of it. I already have my own summer in my life, this is the summer of their life and I would like them to enjoy it to the fullest without me taking away anything from them.

My happiness is that I have been God s tool in raising an honest, loving and responsible human being into this world. Although my children come to life through me and by me, I do not own them, they are not property that I should have a claim to. And I wish that they will raise their children the way I did them.

wow! i think you'd make a really great parent!:)
  • ill raise them the way i was raised. to be very open and to think for themselves.
  • cmars2cmars2 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    The way my parents raised me. :angel:
    Di masyado strict, di rin masyadong "walang pakialam"
  • asian/oriental/hispanic/latino values and western values .