Home PEx Campus Ateneo de Manila University

A Letter of Apology from The LaSallian

The LaSallian, the undergraduate English newspaper of De La Salle University-Manila, expresses its sincerest apology to Ms. Mikee Cojuangco-Jaworski for an erroneous article published in the December issue of the Menagerie, the Features section.

It was mistakenly alleged that Ms. Jaworski was involved in importing race horses without paying the proper taxes. However, we would like to state that Ms. Jaworski was by no means involved in this matter.

In fact, she has never been involved in any irregularities and has served as a model for fellow Filipinos, especially the youth. She has reaped numerous accolades in the name of the country and served as a highly respected public figure. We know that Ms. Jaworski is a person whose integrity is unassailable.

In line with the Campus Journalism Act, The LaSallian assumes full responsibility for the error. Again, we deeply regret any offense made on Ms. Jaworski's good character.

Undersigned,
The LaSallian Editorial Board

Comments

• next time confirm before you write yun lang =)
  • AleanceloAleancelo guapo PEx Expert 🎖️
    Tell that to the staff, not to me.
  • ^ oh i tought you were part of it sorry, i hope it wont happen again kasi di niyo naman alumni yung tao nakakaawa din diba? peace =)
  • LigaoenoLigaoeno PEx Rookie ⭐
    That's what you get for not verifying before writing. Shame on you!!!
  • Aleancelo wrote: »
    The LaSallian, the undergraduate English newspaper of De La Salle University-Manila, expresses its sincerest apology to Ms. Mikee Cojuangco-Jaworski for an erroneous article published in the December issue of the Menagerie, the Features section.

It was mistakenly alleged that Ms. Jaworski was involved in importing race horses without paying the proper taxes. However, we would like to state that Ms. Jaworski was by no means involved in this matter.

In fact, she has never been involved in any irregularities and has served as a model for fellow Filipinos, especially the youth. She has reaped numerous accolades in the name of the country and served as a highly respected public figure. We know that Ms. Jaworski is a person whose integrity is unassailable.

In line with the Campus Journalism Act, The LaSallian assumes full responsibility for the error. Again, we deeply regret any offense made on Ms. Jaworski's good character.

Undersigned,

I just came across this thread. I remember that the writer of the article was suspended and the editor reprimanded. But it was way back in AY 2003-2004. Was there a similar incident in 2006 or 2007 involving what appears to be the same article? anyway, you can't expect much from TLS. :)
  • Aleancelo wrote: »

Undersigned,

So uhh.. What has this got to do with the Ateneo forums? :rolleyes: