Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature

How to PEEL OFF ANNOYING PRICE TAGS

i hate peeling off those little boogers! even if you're uber careful already, they just rip apart and the sticky part is still there :(
one wrong move and everything is ruined. i wish they make a specialized price tag for books that peels easily off :naughty:

does anybody here have a tecnqique on how to peel these tags off without damaging the book?

thanks!

Comments

• CoolCucumberCoolCucumber PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Use WD40. Don't spray directly on the cover, however. What you should do is to first spray it on a piece of cotton then rub it on the price tag. Worked for me. Depends on the kind of [paper] cover the book has.

:rpflag:
  • subukan mo to, baka ok din yung hair dryer, pag mainit na ay itutok sa tag price, para yung adhesive nya ay lumambot saka mo follow up ng iyong mga daliri...

diko pa to nasubukan, i hope it helps...
  • CoolCucumber: idunno what you call this paper but i'm having trouble with my Vintage Books issue murakami book. wouldn't wd40 leave oil stains?
  • i hate those stickers!!!

sometimes i do not peel them of, i just use a pencil eraser to remove the price, ayos na sa akin 'yun kesa dun sa naka-expose na adhesive.

or i peel off the sticker carefully, then use magic or scotch tape to remove the residue, sometimes it takes a lot though.

if the cover is glossy, i sometimes use a cotton bud with a little baby oil to remove the adhesive left after carefully peeling off the price tag.
  • i use baby oil.
    @eveRything: Yeah, that's why you have to be careful and make sure you put just a little wd 40 on the cotton before applying it. *okay*

@morrissey_05: Oh yeah, baby oil! *okay*

• I used to have a theory na kapag plinantsa mo yung sticker at natuyo na yung adhesive, you can easily peel it off na.

As I said, theory ko lang ito.

I also don't want some tag price on the books I purchased.
  • BULAKENYO1980BULAKENYO1980 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ito nasubukan ko na, umubra.

magpahid ka ng petroleum jelly sa buong surface ng sticker. wag damihan masyado, at ingatang hindi malagyan yung book cover.

tapos iwan mo lang yung libro ng ilang oras. ako minsan overnight.

pag sinubukan mo nang alisin, ang dali-dali na. *okay*
  • albert_sy2albert_sy2 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    laway lang, okey na!
  • JENSIE_GJENSIE_G PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    National Bookstore has the worst price tags. They ruin everything.
  • aze24aze24 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^^^
    kaya nga minsa, pinapabayaan ko nalang yung pricetag kesa masira pa yung cover ng book.
  • SubwaySubway PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    di ko na tinatanggal... black marker pentel pen nalang... may value pa yung book pag tumagal...
  • JENSIE_G wrote: »
    National Bookstore has the worst price tags. They ruin everything.

that's right, sometimes they put the stickers on the pic of the author pa, or the blurb, or worse, they use a cutter to cut a hole on the plastic cover(i think for the barcode gun to easily read the price) ayun sugat 'yung cover, grrrrr!
  • ^ they actually do that?! wow!
  • bluetheherobluethehero PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i just bought this Greenspan book from national bookstore. struggle ang pag-alis ng tag price :lol: ang daming plain portions dun sa back cover, pero dun pa talaga nila tinapat sa ISBN code. kaasar.
  • purpleheadd07purpleheadd07 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i just leave them on at least i'd always be reminded of its price as years pass. :D
    ^ako rin, ganito :D

• Same with me. Imagine looking back into your book collection after 10 years and seeing the price stickers.. you'd get an idea how much money you've spent just on books!
  • me too. andun lang yung price tag. katuwa nga pag nakita mo kung gaano ka-mura ng mga books noon :)
    i have a lot of archie comic books from years back...naku ang mahal-mahal na nya ngayon...
  • ...pero nagiging problema ko nga rin pala yung pag alis ng price tag pag ipinangreregalo ko yung book...tyaga-tyaga ko mag-kutkot pag hindi sumama yung pinaka-last layer...