Head Unit Installation — PinoyExchange

Head Unit Installation

I'm planning to buy a pioneer head unit here in U.S. San ko pede ipakabit when I go back in the Philippines, I mean around metro manila only? Thanks.


  • Kung simpleng swap lang, kahit sinong marunong ng electrical kayang gawin yan. Pwede nga DIY.
  • slamm
    slamm runnin on empty
    any decent accessory shop or electrical shop can do the job. check first the price of your HU in Manila and the US though to see if the difference is worth buying a HU abroad.
  • shun_sakurai
    shun_sakurai when in doubt, FLAT OUT!
    Yep pwede siya DIY. If your car's stock audio system isn't "integrated" into the dashboard (which most newer cars' units are), there's a way of taking the dashboard apart to fit your 1-DIN or 2-DIN head unit.

    When I brought my old Kenwood for repair, I watched the technicians take my Jazz's dashboard apart to get at the HU. It was interesting, and at least now I know the gist of the process (i.e. what parts have to be taken apart, in which order, and how).

    I agree with Slamm, the shipping costs might add to the final price as well. Then again you might be buying via a balikbayan relative.
  • Actually I already asked someone to check the prices pero price un sa mga malls. There is a big difference in the price. LCD DVD HU yung balak kong bilhin. Meron b kyong shop na pwedeng irecommend that sells HU? Preferably pioneer avh-p5900 (US model code)/avh-5950 (asia model code) or kenwood ddx7039.
  • grayegcivic
    grayegcivic LoveMYWRXSTiToo

    Going price here in the us!! Hope it helps!
  • shun_sakurai
    shun_sakurai when in doubt, FLAT OUT!
    Ahh talagang mas malaki ang price sa malls.

    You ought to try doing a bit more legwork. I can recommend Mickey's Auto Sound in Pasig or Autoline in Makati. There are also a multitude of shops in Banawe.

    Mickey's has its own website, try running a Web search. :)

    Autoline on the other hand was where I bought my head unit, a Pioneer DEH-P7950UB (aka DEH-P6900UB/P690UB in the US).
Sign In or Register to comment.