COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

' I love you pioloooooooooooo!!!' (part36) - Home of Certified PIOLO aDdIcTs...

frmlester-banner1.jpg

WELCOME WELCOME TO CERTIFIED PIOLO ADDICTS' THREAD... HOPE YOU'LL ENJOY YOUR STAY HERE...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LOVE YOU PIOLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :luvluv:

Comments

• jeana10jeana10 i'm urs.... PExer
  • pjnetskipjnetski Member PExer
    ice91.jpg

Piolo Jose Pascual was born January 12, 1977. The son of a Filipino mother and a German-Spanish father, he is the youngest of six children.
    Piolo always wanted to be an actor. His father, Philip, was a casting director for international films shot in the Philippines. "I don't know if that influenced me," says Piolo, "but even when I was really young, I'd go in front of the mirror, act and sing."
    Piolo's first TV appearance was in Kuya Germs Moreno's "That's Entertainment." After high school he went to UST, where he studied Physical therapy and joined the UST theater group, Teatro Tomasino. He landed a part on the children's show Atbp and was chosen as a member of ABS-CBN's Star Circle, Batch 3. But before his career had a chance to take off at home, Piolo decided to move to the US. For a year he lived with his mom in California, working in a hospital and at other jobs to support himself while going on acting auditions. Although he didn't land any big parts, while in L.A. he participated in acting workshops where he learned a lot about his craft.
    Upon his return to the Philippines a year later, things started to fall into place for Piolo and he began to realize his lifelong dream of becoming an actor. He was cast as Raffy in the ABS-CBN miniseries "Sa Sandaling Kailangan Mo Ako," with the popular Judy Ann Santos, and got further exposure in "Esperanza," again with Juday. With his boyish good looks, he soon became a teen idol. While Piolo enjoyed his newfound heartthrob status, he did not want to remain "just another pretty face," with his performances limited to light TV fare. He was serious about his acting and wanted to take on more challenging roles.
    He soon got his chance to prove himself as a serious actor when he landed his first starring movie role in "Lagarista." He character, Gregory, was a biker who transported movie reels from one theater to another. His love interest was played by Janna Victoria. Piolo felt a lot of pressure to turn in his best performance, since this was his first major film, and his hard work paid off. The Philippine Daily Inquirer proclaimed in its Aug. 6, 2000 issue, "Not a few people who saw 'Lagarista' during the celebrity premiere last Tuesday have expressed belief that its lead actor, Piolo Pascual, will become the next big star in local cinema. He has the glamorous looks and more important, he can act."
    In his next movie, "Kahit Isang Saglit," Piolo's character was part of a love triangle with Judy Ann Santos and Leandro Munoz. "With this movie ang naging challenge ko is more of emotions," Piolo explained in an interview. "It is a heavy drama, a story of love." Passionate about acting, Piolo really gives his all when portraying a character, to such an extent that he often feels physically and emotionally drained after shooting a movie.
    Piolo's most critically acclaimed movie so far is "Dekada '70." He portrayed Jules Bartolome, a student activist who joined the New People's Army after martial law was declared. Christopher de Leon and Vilma Santos played his parents. Piolo won the Grand Slam for his excellent performance, sweeping all four Best Supporting Actor trophies from the major award-giving bodies: Metro Manila Film Festival, FAMAS, Star Awards, and the prestigious Urian Award.
    pjfrmdavid.jpg

NOT JUST A PRETTY FACE

April 30, 2007 05:17 PM Monday
    People's Journal
    By: Remy Umerez

PIOLO Pascual is certainly not just a pretty face. Since he headlined “Lagarista” in 2000, he has been winning acclaim from critics and trophies from many award-giving bodies. Among his many career highlights is the coveted grand slam of the best supporting actor award for his absorbing performance in “Dekada 70.” In “Milan,” he ran away with the FAMAS best actor award.

Over the past few years, Piolo has quietly become one of the hottest-selling recording artists in the country. He has also conquered the concert stage starting with his 2004 solo debut “My Gift” and succeeded by “Heartthrobs” back-to-back concert with Sam Milby.

Piolo is seen again with Claudine Barretto in “Walang Kapalit.” He plays Noel who finds himself unwillingly falling for his stepsister Melanie. Piolo proves that underneath the image of a multi-media star lies a true actor.

On the big screen, Piolo is paired for the first time opposite Regine Velasquez in the big drama event of the year, “Paano Kita Iibigin.” The project almost took three years in the making due to numerous revisions and finalizing who will direct it. Finally, the directorial task was given to Bb. Joyce.
  • lozlazzalozlazza lovespiolo PExer
    :wave: Hi Rei, Annette, thanks for the new house!

Will give u a bit of hand to get it going as i'm still not well and bed-ridden(should've been back to work today!!) - tho mr pex server is slow......

:wave: Hello to all CPAs!
    life-pic02.jpg

GAB FAB
    Jet Valle

IF you ask me to rank who among the celebrities are the nicest, Piolo Pascual will definitely be in my Top 10. The young actor is supernice, every inch a gentleman.

Every time I see him, he acts as if I were his long lost daughter. He would flash a smile that could launch 10 million ships and hug me. He would make it a point to compliment something about me...whether it’s my new pair of shoes or my hair (or what’s left of it).

So it’s no surprise that Regine Velasquez, his leading lady in his new movie for Star Cinema, titled Paano Kita Iibigin, has been open about her crush on the young actor. We talked to Piolo about Regine and many more..........

Tell me about your new movie, Paano Kita Iibigin?
    It’s a love story about Lance and Martee. I play Lance, a resort owner who initially clashes with Martee, who is played by Regine, because they have different views in life. Of course, they fall for each other but there are a lot of factors to consider before the two can live happily ever after.

How was it working with Regine? I’ve been told that you have a lot of kissing scenes in the movie....
    (Laughs) She’s very great to work with. And, yup, that’s true—we do have a lot of kissing scenes.

Did you have to ask anyone’s permission from Regine’s side for you to do those passionate scenes?
    None! (Chuckles) Anyway, those scenes are essential (to the story)—and Regine is very professional. What’s needed to be done, she delivers. Sometimes she doesn’t need prodding or coaxing. That’s how prepared she is.

How about you. Did you have to ask anyone’s permission?
    None! (Laughs)

How is she as an actress?
    People think Regine is more of a singer than an actress but I think she’s great in both. She’s a thinking actress. She wants everything she does onscreen to have a reason. She reacts instinctively but you can see that there’s a reason why she’s reacting that way.

Based on the trailer, people say you have great chemistry.
    Thank you very much. We really worked hard on the movie and I’m so happy that as early as now, we’ve been getting good feedback.

How do you compare your tandem with Regine to that with Judy Ann Santos?
    It’s hard. You can’t pinpoint what makes my tandem with Judy Ann work. Same thing with Regine. Me, I’m just positive people will enjoy the movie because we’re very proud of it. You can’t plan chemistry but I’m so glad that many people say that we do have it.

There’s something very different about you now. It seems like you’re glowing.
    Well, despite my schedule I make sure I still take time to enjoy the finer things in life. I know it’s cliché but it’s true. It has helped me to appreciate God’s blessings more. He has given me a lot and I know I can’t complain anymore because of the abundance. And taking time to reflect of His goodness make my very busy schedule all worthwhile
    1177580092piolopascual5bx7.jpg

Piolo has eyes set on int?l stardom

By Bayani San Diego Jr.
    Inquirer
    03/12/2007

ACTOR PIOLO PASCUAL considers movie-watching his ultimate indulgence.

"I'm really boring," he confesses. "That's my only hobby."

In spite of his celebrity, Piolo insists on going to the movie house, so he can watch on the big screen.

He often goes to the cinema that's in the same mall as the church he attends, but when he wants a little peace and pampering, he opts for a certain upscale theater. "When I go there, I feel as if I own the entire place," he says.

How does he dodge intrepid fans? "I go in the afternoon, when there are only a few people."

Dream movie

Piolo talks enthusiastically about the movies he has seen recently - all foreign - starting with "The Holiday."

"I liked it," he says, "[though] it made me miss Los Angeles (where he lived for a while during his college years)."

He gives "Babel" a two-thumbs-up. "It was really good."

Mel Gibson's "Apocalypto" was a disappointment for him. "The buildup was good, but it took a nosedive towards the end. The ending was lame."

Piolo looks up to Gibson as filmmaker, though. "There were glimpses of The Passion of the Christ in Apocalypto, specifically, the aerial and top shots. Cinematically, technically, execution-wise, it was impressive. One thing about Mel Gibson, he wants everything in his film to look as real as possible. I'm also like that," he says. "I want to be involved in films like Babel and Apocalypto."

He says his dream movie is now within reach.

Co-prod

"It's a long-delayed international film called Wrinkles. It will finally push through,"he reports.

At one point, 1950s LVN stars Rosa Rosal and Lilia Dizon were also attached to the project, which revolves around a beauty pageant for senior citizens.

Star Cinema, Piolo's home studio, is co-producing it with Hollywood-based Filipino-American filmmaker Romeo Joven, he relates. "I told my friend Romeo that I could do it only if Star Cinema is involved. I don't want any trouble. Star won't lend me to Romeo, unless it's a co-producer."

It's a dream come true, Piolo enthuses.

"But it's not just about being noticed by Hollywood; it's about being finally allowed to do something for the international market," he clarifies.

Challenging

As bonus, the role of an Am-Boy is 'different and challenging,' he says. 'It requires me to speak English not only fluently but with an American accent. It's quite a departure. I'm so Pinoy, but the character is born and raised in the US."

He's looking forward to the change of pace.

"I can't get it out of my mind. That's where the excitement comes from. To be able to do something out of the box. Something far from your real character. I'm all for that," he points out.

Before he makes the big leap to Hollywood, he is shuttling between two ABS-CBN projects: the soap opera tentatively titled ?Walang Kapalit? with Claudine Barretto and the movie with the working title "I Finally Found Someone," with Regine Velasquez.

Also in the works is a movie with Angel Locsin, a prized talent of rival network GMA 7, to be co-produced by Regal and Star Cinema.

Nasty rumors

He also dreams of working with Sharon Cuneta. "I'm a fan," he admits. In the meantime, he is teaming up with fellow Bench man Sam Milby for the tour and repeat of their Valentine concert "Heartthrobs."

"We had a show in Pampanga and there's a repeat in Aliw Theater on March 17," he says.

As for nasty rumors (including the one that links him with Sam), Piolo is unperturbed.

"I've learned how to shrug off [gossip] and pray for the [rumor-mongers]. Maybe they just don't know any better," he says.
    Piolo_20052007.jpg

Piolo Pascual remains Kapamilya’s top draw

By Isah V. Red

Despite efforts to crush Piolo Pascual to smithereens by certain quarters who can’t bear to see this actor’s popularity soaring higher and higher, the guys over at ABS-CBN are all the more convinced that they have the most powerful ammunition to combat the aggression being waged in print by its competitor.

Piolo’s baffling personality keeps everyone in a state of stupor, and the think tank of other networks throwing darts at his photos unable to find ways to keep the mind of millions of Filipinos from watching TV and movies with him playing the lead roles.

Now, he is back on primetime television, reunited with his Milan leading lady Claudine Barretto. The show is called Walang Kapalit. It is also the newest teleserye on the Kapamilya network.

Known for being one of the handsomest men in Philippine showbiz, Piolo is certainly not just a pretty face. From the time he headlined his launching film Lagarista in 2000, Piolo has been in the top tier of Filipino actors, winning both high acclaim from critics and trophies and citations from many award-giving bodies.

Among his many career highlights are: Dekada ’70, which got him a coveted “Grand Slam” of the Best Supporting Actor awards starting with the Metro Manila Film Festival, and including the Famas, the Star Awards, the Gawad Urian, the Film Academy of the Philippines and the Young Critics’ Circle trophy in 2003; and Milan, where he took home the Famas Best Actor award and racked up nominations from the Star Awards, the Golden Screen Awards and the Gawad Urian. In between, Piolo’s also starred in hits like Don’t Give Up On Us, Dreamboy, ‘Til There Was You, 9 Mornings, Bakit ‘Di Totohanin, and Kahit Isang Saglit.

And it’s not just his work in films that sets Piolo apart. If anything, he’s just as well-loved for his TV work in shows like Sa Piling Mo, Bora, Mangarap Ka, Sa Puso Ko, Iingatan Ka, Buttercup and Esperanza, as well as his weekly hosting stint for ABS-CBN’s Asap ’07.

And the Piolo brand extends to the recording studio and concert stage, as well. Over the past few years, Piolo has quietly become one of the hottest-selling recording artists in the country, with hit records including his debut, Piolo, followed by My Gift, Renditions: Songs of Louie O and Piolo Pascual: Platinum Hits. Most recently, Piolo’s also conquered the concert stage, starting with his 2004 solo debut My Gift, and succeeded most recently by his hit Heartthrobs back-to-back concert alongside Sam Milby.

Four years after Milan, how explosive will his chemistry with Claudine be? And will audiences again fall under the spell of two of the best actors of their generation, paired up again in what promises to be one of the biggest hits of the second quarter of 2007?
    pj-010106.jpg

CONVERSATIONS With Ricky Lo
    The Philippine Star 01/14/2007

I HATE PEOPLE...

Piolo: ...who have no respect for others.

I AVOID PEOPLE...

Piolo:...who try to take advantage of me, who kind of use you.

MY GREATEST PLEASURE IS...

Piolo:...spending time with The Lord. Also, spending time with my family, or even simple gatherings with them. (Piolo’s mom and sister flew in from the US to celebrate his 30th birthday last Friday, Jan. 12. – RFL)

MY WORST MOMENT IS...

Piolo:...oh gosh, it’s too embarrassing to tell...too embarrassing actually. Too disgusting! It happened when I was in high school. Oh no, I’m too embarrassed to recall what it was. Okay, among my worst moments is when I forget the lines of a song that I’m singing.

MY BIGGEST FEAR IS...

Piolo:...losing my loved ones.

I PRAY BY...

Piolo:...talking directly to The Lord. I talk to Him as if He’s just beside me, like I would talk to a friend of mine. Also, by singing. (According to the book Powerful Prayers by Larry King, any song that has a spiritual message – such as I Say a Little Prayer For You, I Believe, My Prayer and the like – is a form of prayer. – RFL)

THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN MY LIFE IS...

Piolo:...Jesus!

IF I WERE TO BE REINCARNATED AS AN ANIMAL...

Piolo:...I would be a dog. Dogs are like human beings. They can even be more loyal than human beings. They take care of you and your home.

MY MOST TRAUMATIC EXPERIENCE WAS...

Piolo:...when my sister figured in an accident last year and I didn’t know if she was okay or not. I saw her at the hospital and I was scared. I was terribly afraid of losing her.

I DEAL WITH GOSSIP BY...

Piolo:...not really ignoring it but looking at it as part of the business.

THE ONE THING I CAN’T DO WITHOUT IS...

Piolo:...The Bible.

AM I AFRAID OF GROWING OLD?

Piolo:...No, I’m not. I’m excited, actually. It’s something I look forward to.

THE TYPE OF GIRLS WHO TURN ME ON...

Piolo:...are the simple ones. Those who are faithful to God and who have self-respect. Traditional girls.

I LOST MY INNOCENCE TO...

Piolo:...Pass! I refuse to answer that.

MY PHILOSOPHY IN LIFE IS...

Piolo:...let go and let God. That has been my motto, my guiding principle, as far as I can remember.

I LOSE MY TEMPER WHEN...

Piolo:...I lack sleep and someone is annoying me or talking too much.

WHEN I’M ALONE IN MY ROOM I FANTASIZE ABOUT...

Piolo:...I won’t say it’s really fantasizing, but what takes so much of my time is thinking about The Lord and how I can serve Him better...spending time talking to Him and being sensitive to whatever it is He wants me to do.

IF I WERE SOMEBODY ELSE I’D BE...

Piolo:...the President (of the Philippines) so I can reform the country.

MY NEW YEAR’s RESOLUTION IS...

Piolo:...to be more compassionate, to have more time to spend with The Lord, to do more quality movies and shows.
    Piolo201.jpg

CONVERSATIONS With Ricky Lo
    The Philippine Star 01/14/2007

I HATE PEOPLE...

Piolo: ...who have no respect for others.

I AVOID PEOPLE...

Piolo:...who try to take advantage of me, who kind of use you.

MY GREATEST PLEASURE IS...

Piolo:...spending time with The Lord. Also, spending time with my family, or even simple gatherings with them. (Piolo’s mom and sister flew in from the US to celebrate his 30th birthday last Friday, Jan. 12. – RFL)

MY WORST MOMENT IS...

Piolo:...oh gosh, it’s too embarrassing to tell...too embarrassing actually. Too disgusting! It happened when I was in high school. Oh no, I’m too embarrassed to recall what it was. Okay, among my worst moments is when I forget the lines of a song that I’m singing.

MY BIGGEST FEAR IS...

Piolo:...losing my loved ones.

I PRAY BY...

Piolo:...talking directly to The Lord. I talk to Him as if He’s just beside me, like I would talk to a friend of mine. Also, by singing. (According to the book Powerful Prayers by Larry King, any song that has a spiritual message – such as I Say a Little Prayer For You, I Believe, My Prayer and the like – is a form of prayer. – RFL)

THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN MY LIFE IS...

Piolo:...Jesus!

IF I WERE TO BE REINCARNATED AS AN ANIMAL...

Piolo:...I would be a dog. Dogs are like human beings. They can even be more loyal than human beings. They take care of you and your home.

MY MOST TRAUMATIC EXPERIENCE WAS...

Piolo:...when my sister figured in an accident last year and I didn’t know if she was okay or not. I saw her at the hospital and I was scared. I was terribly afraid of losing her.

I DEAL WITH GOSSIP BY...

Piolo:...not really ignoring it but looking at it as part of the business.

THE ONE THING I CAN’T DO WITHOUT IS...

Piolo:...The Bible.

AM I AFRAID OF GROWING OLD?

Piolo:...No, I’m not. I’m excited, actually. It’s something I look forward to.

THE TYPE OF GIRLS WHO TURN ME ON...

Piolo:...are the simple ones. Those who are faithful to God and who have self-respect. Traditional girls.

I LOST MY INNOCENCE TO...

Piolo:...Pass! I refuse to answer that.

MY PHILOSOPHY IN LIFE IS...

Piolo:...let go and let God. That has been my motto, my guiding principle, as far as I can remember.

I LOSE MY TEMPER WHEN...

Piolo:...I lack sleep and someone is annoying me or talking too much.

WHEN I’M ALONE IN MY ROOM I FANTASIZE ABOUT...

Piolo:...I won’t say it’s really fantasizing, but what takes so much of my time is thinking about The Lord and how I can serve Him better...spending time talking to Him and being sensitive to whatever it is He wants me to do.

IF I WERE SOMEBODY ELSE I’D BE...

Piolo:...the President (of the Philippines) so I can reform the country.

MY NEW YEAR’s RESOLUTION IS...

Piolo:...to be more compassionate, to have more time to spend with The Lord, to do more quality movies and shows
    Be Famous! Be Bench: The Model Search

Piolo28Bench29.jpg

“Being the newest addition to Bench’s roster of endorsers, it’s definitely opened a lot of new doors for me. They gave me the opportunity to grow and try out other things. Being an endorser is an honor because Bench is the number one retailer in the country. Endorsing Bench open doors to endless possibilities!” – Piolo Pascual on the question, “How has being an endorser changed his life?” (The Philippine Star, 8 July 2007)
    pj_cosmo.jpg

pj_cosmo02.jpg

When Cosmopolitan magazine decides to celebrate, it does so with a bang!

For its 10th year in the Philippine market, Cosmo—as the mag has come to be called hereabouts—runs a delicious double cover: KC Concepcion and Piolo Pascual. It's the first double cover for the leading women's magazine.

Mega-daughter KC Concepcion was long on the wishlist of Cosmo for its anniversary cover, but the staff was just about ready to give up since she was based in Paris and a shoot schedule was difficult to fix.

As luck would have it, KC flew back to Manila for a much-needed vacation, and within that short span of time she gamely posed for the Cosmo cover. Find out what endearingly inspiring thing she'll be doing next. Plus, read about her super kilig updates!

On the flipside of this issue is the handsome Piolo Pascual, marking the first time that a man has graced the cover of Cosmo's Philippine edition. The rise to stardom was not so easy for Piolo, who actually began in showbiz as a gangly 15-year-old in That's Entertainment. Piolo talks about the steady rise to the top after he came back from the United States, and answers all the scandals and allegations thrown his way.

Ever wonder what goes on during a typical day of your favorite celebrities? Find out through an "Informer Exclusive." We tag along with Iza Calzado and we learn that she's even more adorable that we thought and that there are at least ten reasons why she's like the rest of us anyway. Cosmo also spends a day with Christian Bautista, and finds out that he's just as real as the guy next door—but ten times more crushable!

The May issue of Cosmo is definitely steaming hot as your favorite Cosmo Centerfolds bare their to-die-for bodies! Feast your eyes on Dennis Trillo, Sam Milby, Zanjoe Marudo, Luis Manzano, Rafael Rosell, Enchong Dee, Jay-R, Marc Nelson, Jon Hall, Victor Basa, and Will Devaughn—all in various states of undress!

Make sure to grab your copy of the anniversary issue of cosmopolitan magazine—with more than 350 pages, it's the thickest ever! A collector's item, it's a bible that no young Pinay should be caught without!

===

Three reasons why cosmopolitan magazine must be in in our must-buy list this month:
    (1) It's the thickest magazine to date—with 350 pages of stories, articles, and photos celebrating 10 years of fun and fearless femininity;
    (2) For the first time in 10 years, a handsome hunk—none other than Piolo Pascual—graces the cover;
    (3) It features a double-cover—KC Concepcion on one side and Piolo on the other.
    piolo.jpg

PIOLO PASCUAL: BOX-OFFICE AND ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY AWARDS

ANAK TV SEAL 2006 TOP 10 MALE CATEGORY (December 15, 2006) - Southeast Asian Foundation for Children’s Television

ANAK TV SEAL 2005 #5 TOP MALE CATEGORY - Southeast Asian Foundation for Children’s Television

MR. FAMAS SCREEN IDOL 2005

MR. RP MOVIES (2004) - Guillermo Mendoza Memorial Scholarship Foundation

MR. RP MOVIES (2003) - Guillermo Mendoza Memorial Scholarship Foundation

FAMAS GERMAN MORENO YOUTH ACHIEVEMENT AWARD (2003)

MR. RP MOVIES (2001) - Guillermo Mendoza Memorial Scholarship Foundation

MR. RP MOVIES (2000) - Guillermo Mendoza Memorial Scholarship Foundation
    metrokings21.jpg

The trouble with Piolo

The trouble with Piolo Pascual is like the trouble with angels. Piolo is too good to be true, enshrined on a pedestal, that’s why his detractors try very hard to throw mud at him, to tear him down, to break him to pieces — to no avail.

Funfare
    By Ricky F. Lo
    The Philippine Star

The trouble with Piolo Pascual is like the trouble with angels. Piolo is too good to be true, enshrined on a pedestal, that’s why his detractors try very hard to throw mud at him, to tear him down, to break him to pieces — to no avail.

As I’ve been saying, nobody can put a good man down. Piolo stands erect, head held high, neither daunted nor dented by the slings and arrows shot at his direction.

People with nothing better to do and with evil minds question his sexuality and come up with "doctored" pictures as "proofs," but the truth will out and Piolo — along with friends like Sam Milby and Erik Santos — comes out cleaner than ever, endorsing even more products (among them Max’s Chicken and San Mig Coffee), doing more movies (the new untitled one co-starring with Regine Velasquez) and topbilling more soaps (the recent one, Walang Kapalit, premieres on ABS-CBN on Monday, April 16, which co-stars Claudine Barretto in a story about forbidden love between "dalawang magkapatid na hindi naman magkadugo").

The song goes, "You think you know me well but you don’t know me..."

That’s Piolo, so visible and yet not so familiar to many people.

Let’s peel off the layers piece by piece.

What is a good morning to you?
    "Waking up early to a sunny day, seeing the sun. I try to think of the things I have to do for the day. And then I pray; I have my devotional. I linger a bit in the shower and then I take breakfast, usually delivered by Max’s (Roces Ave.) which is just a stone’s throw from my place."

How long does it take you to fix yourself, from showering to dressing up?
    "Very fast, especially if I have to go somewhere. Like this morning, my call time was 9:45. I woke up at 9 o’clock and I was out of the shower at 9:20. It took me only 15 minutes to get dressed. I got here in 10 minutes. Fast, ‘no?"

Do you follow a certain sequence as most everybody does?
    "I fix myself in the bathroom and then I dress up in the closet. The whole time, naka-towel lang ako. Wala akong maraming seremonyas sa umaga. Sometimes, when I’m running late for work, I can fix myself in seconds. For example, I have to leave at 10 and I wake up at 9:45, in 10 minutes I’m all dressed and out of the house. I spray myself with cologne sa car na."

What do you usually wear to bed?
    "Boxer shorts and loose shirt."

Never in the nude?
    "Never!"

You live alone in your pad and you sleep alone, don’t you?
    "I easily get cold, that’s why ‘yung shirt na maluwag at medyo luma is perfect as sleep wear."

Do you sleep with the air-con in full blast?
    "Not really. Mga 23 degrees is good enough, para medyo warm. But sometimes, when I want to sleep longer, I turn it down to 16 or 17 degrees, especially now that it’s hot."

How many hours of sleep do you get per night?
    "Eight hours. It has to be eight hours."

Otherwise...?
    "Then I sleep on the set between takes. Like yesterday, I slept for only six hours, so I felt sleepy the whole day. I tried to catch up by taking power naps between takes. Sleep is very important to me...to everybody." (Note: Asked in separate interviews in US TV shows what their "beauty secret" was, Elizabeth Taylor and Leonardo DiCaprio answered, "Sleep. Lots of sleep!")

What is your shoe size?
    "Size 10."

What kind of cologne do you use?
    "I don’t want something with a strong scent; I prefer one with a subtle fragrance. Ayoko ng fruity ang smell. I want something na hindi malakas ang dating. Actually, I’m not fond of perfumes."

What’s your most sensitive spot (kiliti)?
    "None! Others have their kiliti on their side. I have none. Boring, ‘no?"

When did you have your first kiss?
    "When I was in Grade 5."

Who was the lucky girl?
    "My neighbor."

In California (where he spent part of his teenage years)?
    "No. Here in Manila."

She must be married by now.
    "Yeah, she is — with two children."

Which part of her body did you kiss?
    "I don’t remember now."

And you, where do you want to be kissed?
    "It depends. Pag friend, on the cheek is good enough. But of course, if somebody you love, it has to be somewhere else."

Are you, ehem, good in bed?
    "Oh yes, I am. As soon as I hit the pillow, I’m asleep. I really love sleeping. I’m a heavy sleeper; hindi ako basta-basta nagigising. I sleep spread-out in bed. I have a huge bed. Sometimes, I stay on just one side. But when I really want to get a good sleep, hayun, naka-spread-out ako, occupying the whole bed."

Are you a pillow person?
    "I have four pillows — one under my head, one on top of me, one on my side and one I hug."

Do you fantasize before you sleep?
    "Not really fantasy but more of dreams. Anything can happen in your dreams so I look forward to sleeping and therefore to dreaming. When I wake up, I try to analyze what my dreams mean."

Are you vain?
    "I am — to a certain extent. I have to check myself in the mirror every now and then baka mamaya may dumi ang mukha ko. I think it’s not being vain but being presentable because, you know, I appear on TV. But lately, low maintenance na ako. I just wash my face with soap and water; I don’t even apply moisturizer."

How do you maintain your flawless complexion?
    "Sleep talaga. Lots of sleep! Sleep lang ang panglaban ko sa aging."

Do you get indecent proposals from girls?
    "No way because I don’t go out that much. Sometimes, I get naughty text messages. I wonder how those crank texters get my number. Siguro, by chance and maybe they don’t even know that it’s my cell phone."

What about when you travel abroad?
    "When I travel kasi I’m a bit scared, so palagi akong nakayuko; I don’t look at people straight in the eye."

Why not?

"So I won’t be misinterpreted. If I know the person, of course I look at him straight in the eye. Or else, I just look down so as not to invite any untoward incident. I do that even in the malls. I look at where I’m going but not at the people."

What’s your biggest indulgence?
    "Clothes! They are a good investment. Kailangan sa trabaho ko. I don’t scrimp on clothes."

Do you recycle clothes?
    "Yes, I do."

How often?
    "If, for example, I wear a shirt on ASAP ’07, I wear it again maybe to another event and then that’s it. The public keeps track of what you’re wearing. Then, I send my used clothes to my sister in the States and she sends me a boxful of new ones in exchange."

How do you pamper yourself?
    "By sleeping."

Aside from sleeping?

"With good food and a good pedicure and manicure. Gusto ko palaging malinis ang mga kuko ko. Or I work out in the gym. When you do something to your body, when you exercise and have a good pedicure/manicure, you’re actually pampering yourself, right?"

What about massage?
    "Not much. I’m not fond of massage. Sometimes, I ask my PA (production assistant) to massage my feet para matanggal ang stress and that’s it."

How’s your love child?
    "My son is okay. He’s turning 10. Ang hilig namin ngayon ay carting. We go to Speed Zone at The Fort at doon kami nagka-carting. We go to the mall and watch movies. We go to the arcade; we have collected more than 5,000 tickets na sa arcade. We both love Japanese food. He has a big appetite, twice mine."

You’re again working with Claudine. What can you say about her?
    "Clau is very caring. If your resistance is weak, talagang tataba ka because she loves pampering people. Para siyang lalake; siya pa ang bibili ng pagkain at siya pa ang nanlilibre. She’s very affectionate, napaka-sweet niya, para siyang bata. Masarap siyang magmahal because she gives her all. That’s why Raymart (Santiago) is really fortunate to have a wife like Clau. What people don’t know is that if she cares for you, Clau will really fight for you."

What about Regine (Velasquez)? You’ve started shooting your first movie together (untitled just yet, co-produced by Star Cinema and Viva Films).

"I never thought that she’s that professional. Now I know why she has remained at the top. She really has the passion. When she wants something, when she has to do something, she’ll really put her heart and soul into it. She really loves her work. I have a high respect for her."

Regine also has many detractors, like you.
    "All part of the business."

Pictures have been "doctored" to make it appear that you’re holding hands with Sam Milby or, in another, that Erik Santos is riding your back.
    "I don’t let that affect me. I have such strong faith in God; God is my Protector. Sabi nga, if God is with you and you’re with God, you can never go wrong. I look that this way: With the blessings coming my way, I prefer not to dwell on the negative. I’d rather have a positive outlook. I just pray for people trying to destroy me." (Adding in jest) "At least my detractors are keeping me active sa intriga, so I don’t have to call a presscon to be talked about."

Doesn’t this obvious smear campaign affect your friendship with Sam?
    "Sam is a good-natured guy and he also has a positive outlook in life. If we were affected by the rumors, our concert together, Heartthrobs, wouldn’t have happened. Like me, hindi siya praning."

What about Erik Santos?
    "We just laugh it off. We even make fun of it on ASAP ’07. We would tell each other, ‘Pare, sakay ka naman sa likod ko, o!’"

What’s the worst intrigue against you?
    "The *** video, without any doubt. That was painful, that was foul."

How do you take all this?
    "I leave it all up to Him."
    abnor11.jpg

THE PLATINUM RECORDING ARTIST & ROMANTIC BALLADEER

One of Piolo’s roles as an entertainer is that of a singer. The dashing actor- turned-singer swept even more women off their feet when he started hitting the right notes with ballads and love songs a few years ago. Piolo is pretty psyched about the release of the soundtrack to his movie Paano kita Iibigin. “It was like a dream come true, I’ve always wanted to make a soundtrack album for a movie I starred in,” he said.

Even though he’s had his fair share of platinum and gold record hits before, Piolo intends to explore the music industry even further and make his own mark in the near future, and he plans to do that by producing his very own album by November this year. “The album will consist of songs which are very close to my heart,” he said with a smile.

The music will be an “out-of-the-box” mixture of Christian songs, rock, ballad and pop. He also wrote the lyrics of some songs that will be included in the album. The very busy star was also all smiles when he disclosed that he will be having his first solo concert at the Araneta Coliseum this November, after finishing his tour in the United States.

People Asia (June 2007)

PLATINUM HITS REPACKAGED (with IKAW LAMANG - Theme Song of SA PILING MO) (2006)

PLATINUM HITS (2006) – CERTIFIED GOLD

RENDITIONS: PIOLO SINGS LOUIE O. (2005) - CERTIFIED GOLD

MY GIFT: PIOLO PASCUAL FIRST TIME IN CONCERT LIVE ALBUM (2004)

MY GIFT (2004) - CERTIFIED PLATINUM

PIOLO PASCUAL (2003) - CERTIFIED PLATINUM
    abnor6.jpg

THE GRAND SLAM WINNER

BEST ACTOR for DON’T GIVE UP ON US

- PHILIPPINE MOVIE PRESS CLUB’s 23rd STAR AWARDS (MARCH 23, 2007)

- ENTERTAINMENT PRESS SOCIETY’s 4th GOLDEN SCREEN (MUSICAL OR COMEDY CATEGORY) (MARCH 17, 2007)

BEST ACTOR for MILAN

– 54th FAMAS (JUNE 26, 2005)

GRAND SLAM BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR for DEKADA '70 (2003)

- U.P. FILM DESK of the YOUNG CRITICS CIRCLE

- GAWAD URIAN

- FILM ACADEMY OF THE PHILIPPINES (FAP)

- FAMAS

- PMPC STAR AWARDS for MOVIES

- PASADO

- GAWAD TANGLAW

- METRO MANILA FILM FESTIVAL-PHILIPPINES (DECEMBER 2002)

- GMMSF's SPECIAL RECOGNITION for RARE GRAND SLAM

THE MULTI-NOMINATED ACTOR

BEST ACTOR NOMINATIONS

DON'T GIVE UP ON US

- FAMAS 2007

DREAMBOY

- ENPRESS GOLDEN SCREEN (MUSICAL OR COMEDY) 2006

- GAWAD TANGLAW 2006

MILAN

- GAWAD URIAN 2005

- LUNA (FAP) 2005

- PMPC STAR 2005

- ENPRESS GOLDEN SCREEN (DRAMA) 2005

- PASADO 2005

I THINK I'M IN LOVE

- MANILA FILM FESTIVAL JUNE 2002

MILA

- FILM ACADEMY OF THE PHILIPPINES (FAP) 2002

LAGARISTA

- GAWAD URIAN 2001

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR NOMINATIONS

ESPERANZA: THE MOVIE

- FAMAS 2000

- METRO MANILA FILM FESTIVAL DECEMBER 1999
    Philstar
    By Ricky Lo
    Friday, July 20, 2007

Piolo28Bench29.jpg

Be Bench reality-TV on ABS-CBN July 29

Thirty boys and girls discovered in a series of auditions nationwide were introduced to the press yesterday at the Captain’s Bar of Mandarin Oriental Hotel.

“Thousands showed up at the auditions,” said Bench big boss Ben Chan who also announced that his company’s Be Bench/The Model Search reality-TV search will premiere on ABS-CBN next Sunday, July 29, 10:30 p.m. “It will be the biggest reality-TV search ever.”

The search is part of Bench’s 20th-anniversary celebration, to be hosted by Kris Aquino (absent at yesterday’s media event) and Piolo Pascual who hosted the press presentation of the 30 hopefuls with Rica Peralejo.

Aside from Piolo and Rica, other Bench endorsers present were Zanjoe Marudo, Rafael Rossell, Gerald Anderson, Kim Chiu, John Prats, Iya Villania, Christian Bautista, Sam Milby, Rayver Cruz, Alesandra de Rossi (who came with her two younger sisters who are here for a vacation) and a “healthy” Jomari Yllana (accompanied by girlfriend Pops Fernandez).

For 20 years, Bench has influenced the Filipino lifestyle. Its first boutique was opened in 1987, with Richard Gomez leading its first batch of star-endorsers. Being a Bench model-endorser is a sure ticket to stardom.

“It’s an honor because Bench is the No. 1 retailer in the country,” said Piolo.

Bench has branches in other countries, including California and China.
    The Be Bench/The Model Search will run for eight Sundays. The 30 candidates’ abilities will be tested every week as they master the fashion photo shoots, perfect publicity-photo skills and learn the business aspects of becoming the next big thing, all happening in front of the camera.

Throughout the search, a panel of leading fashion industry experts will closely evaluate the progress of the candidates to narrow the field. In addition, special guest judges and surprise celebrity mentors will drop by to give their two-cents’ worth.

Viewers, who can text in their votes, may also watch Studio 23’s weekly specials every Monday and Saturday starting next Monday, July 30. Post-event specials will air on the Lifestyle Network and MYX.
    t19piolomn4.jpg

Malaya 20 July
    Ethel Ramos

Gary Valenciano, Erik Santos, Jamie Rivera, Makisig Morales, Piolo Pascual, Toni Gonzaga, Yeng Constantino, Vhong Navarro, Pokwang and Sheryn Regis are the singers featured in the "Nagmamahal Kapamilya" album which contains 14 notable tracks.

The show’s theme song, "Dahil Nagmamahal" is rendered by Sheryn while the song "Nagmamahal Kapamilya" is performed by Erik.

Other songs in the album, which Star Records produced, are "Anak" (Gary); "Miles Away" (Jamie); "Yesterday’s Dream" (Makisig) and "Nariyan Ka pa rin Sana" (Piolo).

As a special treat, the album contains the music video of "Lupang Hinirang," featuring the premiere stars of ABS-CBN.
This discussion has been closed.