Home PEx Campus Ateneo de Manila University

Hard studying in Ateneo?

Is it hard studying in Ateneo?

:bashful:

Comments

• AleanceloAleancelo guapo PEx Expert 🎖️
    You don't have to be an Atenean to realize the importance of hard work, perseverance and diligence.
  • Aleancelo's comment is correct. The Ateneo rewards hard work and focus.

All in all, it's not a burden. It's no walk in the park, either.

The workload can be tough. And there's often a constant need to stay on top of one's game. Some smarter people will get by on lots of extra preparation they had during their formative years, but not all of them will perform very well.

Classes like theology and philosophy force you to rethink certain assumptions. And more often than not, you'll be asked first, basic, fundamental questions. And sometimes, you'll wonder why they need to be asked, only to realize that these are tough questions that demand serious thought and answers.

It's very easy to get distracted in the Ateneo, because there's always stuff to do and stuff that's going on. But if you make the most of your time, and learn to work well with your peers (most of whom will be amazing), you should do well.

You'll be working with some great professors, all of whom have a passion for teaching. Expect no spoonfeeding, and expect being left to think on your own a lot. You'll get by listening to lectures and taking copious notes on the readings you'll have to go through. But you'll never be excellent that way.

And at the Ateneo, and take this from someone who's been here for most of his life, you'll never get the message properly unless you strive for anything short of excellence.
  • NO, as long as nagaaral ka. period.

you should have a lot of patience and hardwork.

Proud to be an Atenean here. :)
  • NO, as long as nagaaral ka. period.

you should have a lot of patience and hardwork.

Proud to be an Atenean here. :)

kewl! :) What's your course? I'm going to apply. And I'm dead scared of not passing the exam. :depressed:
  • It's hard. And why shouldn't it be? Ateneo forces you to challenge yourself. Be diligent. I wasn't top of my high school batch, yet I did better in College compared to a number of my blockmates who came from LSGH and ADHS.