Home PEx Lifestyle Visas and Immigration

will my US visa be delivered in 5 days?anyone recently been issued one?

very sorry mods, i know i should be posting this on the us visa thread, but i really need to know this asap. need to ask this question to people who got a us visa recently.

i applied for a US visa this morning and was approved. i'm going to london first before the US, and i'm hoping to be there by the 6th of july, and i obviously need my passport by the time i leave. if i leave on the evening of the 5th, that would be 5 working days from my interview. do you guys think my passport will be delivered by then, or would that be cutting too close? i don't know whether i should book my flights now or wait.

any inputs would be much appreciated. sorry again, mods. please don't move this.or if you have to, then please move it when i get a nice reply.*okay*

Comments

• Usually the passport with the approved visa is ready for pick up at a DHL/FedEx office 1 or 2 days from the date of approval. But to be sure, try contacting the embassy and state your case.

:)
  • Ice BurnIce Burn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    That's cutting too close. They promised me before 2-3 weeks and then it took 5 weeks. As a result, I missed the first semester of my classes and had to be reissued a visa (for free because it was the fault of their courier).
  • i think this is on a case to case basis, back in Apr 2005 i applied to B1/B2 visa, but I informed the consul if I could have my visa processing expedited, since the client is already expecting me to be there the following week, then she gave me a violet claim stub and said that I should be back by 4 in the afternoon to claim for my visa na... laking pasasalamat ko at nabigyan din ako on the same day :)
  • Ice Burn wrote: »
    That's cutting too close. They promised me before 2-3 weeks and then it took 5 weeks. As a result, I missed the first semester of my classes and had to be reissued a visa (for free because it was the fault of their courier).

Was this a B2 visa?

• Ice Burn wrote: »

for a US tourist visa?
  • I'm sure it wasn't a tourist visa. Usually B1 or B2 visa, when approved, is ready for pick up at the assigned courier a day or 2 from the date of approval.

• thanks. i've booked a flight, and they gave me till monday to change it. i just hope i get it in time. otherwise, i think i'll just have to bite the bullet and pay whatever charges they have me pay.

SUX2B?, can that be done, i mean pick the passport up from the courier? thanks
  • TravelBugTravelBug PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yup, mabilis lang ang delivery ng B1/B2 visa. Depende sa visa type kung gaano katagal bago ma-deliver. Sa parents ko umabot ng 2 weeks.
  • I have 2 friends who got theirs after 5 working days.
    I got mine within 2 working days.
    Good luck, I hope you get yours back in time :)
  • I have 2 friends who got theirs after 5 working days.
    I got mine within 2 working days.
    Good luck, I hope you get yours back in time :)

thanks!*okay* i sure hope i get mine in time. did you have to ask them for an early release? may have to phone the courier just to know if it has been released to them.
  • Did you fill out a courier form when you applied for a visa? You should have the tracking number there. If you have it, go to the courier's website to see if your passport is ready for pick up.

• MY passport number is written as the tracking number. i tried but the browser says page not found. probably because it's a sunday. will try again tomorrow. although with all that's happening in the UK, i might have to move my flight to the end of the week. couple of days shouldnt hurt. big thanks again to everyone who's responded. really appreciate it
  • hey i renewed my visa last november and it took about 3 business days b4 i received it. check mo sa website ng del bros kung anu progress nun sayo. search mo lng del bros sa google.. bon voyage hehehe
  • thanks!*okay* i sure hope i get mine in time. did you have to ask them for an early release? may have to phone the courier just to know if it has been released to them.

Nope, didn't even ask for an early release. Check with Del Bros nalang for the tracking as everyone's already suggested here :)
  • got my passport back today. didn't know they were still giving 10 year visas for tourists.

big thank you to all fellow PExers who showed their concern by posting.*okay* cheers, guys!
  • That's good news, wanderlostboy!

*okay*
  • Ya'y for you receiving your passport on time and double ya'y for the 10 year visa that they gave you :)
  • Is there a thread in Pex about getting a US Visa? Can someone direct me to it (if there is one)
  • gwaping17 wrote: »
    Is there a thread in Pex about getting a US Visa? Can someone direct me to it (if there is one)

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191085

there's another one for immigrants and other types of visa, but this one has quite a lot of info. mixed tough, us and other visas, e.g european and uk