Home PEx Hobbies Music and Radio

103.5 Max FM

I know, I know, I posted this somewhere. But developments are happening too fast.

Here's what we know so far:

+ King DJ Logan and Sgt. Pepper are on board.
+ Apparently, so is Tetta.
+ It's targeted 25-up and might possibly play more of the 90s tracks.
+ It's apparently launching tomorrow, but I'm playing it safe with the next two weeks.

So, the questions:

+ What gives? Heart failed, obviously. It only lived six months. Hit FM isn't suffering the same fate, but could it?
+ Is there a new SM? Roland Sulit still, or Bernie Buenaseda, or somebody else entirely different?
+ Will this last? Hopefully. Although on paper this seems to be a Magic-ed K-Lite (as opposed to Jam being a Wave-d K-lite)...

Stay tuned.

Comments

• I heard July 1.

So it's basically a long-*** Nicest of the Nineties?
  • Hoping for the best. That's how the industry is. Cut the radio people some slack and give them a chance, its just like any other company--you bring in new people, introduce a new style of management, if it works then its good, if not, then try another. One thing's for sure--these people work hard to deliver. Handling a show requires effort, what more an entire station? Ika nga "I did my best, but I guess my best wasn't good enough"

Hats off pa din for the effort. :) I wouldn't know what to do if I was told by my boss to handle it.
  • Kudos to Max FM 103.5 for bringing back Tetta & Sgt. Pepper on the airwaves..of course that wudnt be complete without King DJ Logan on 8pm to 12mn..hehe.. it wud go head-to-head Slick & Toni on primetime..let's see who's the best.. ;)
  • greenfair08greenfair08 PEx Rookie ⭐
    6am-10am Good Morning Maxville w/ The Sarge & Tetta News
    10am-1pm Technoboys w/ Drei Ball & Chris Riley
    1pm-4pm The Early Returns w/ Brian Scott (Brian Aaron from Hit FM) & Johnny Z
    4pm-8pm Back In The Day Cafe w/ Carl & Mickey
    8pm-12am Logan's Alley w/ King DJ Logan
  • Interesting sked.

Listening as I type despite the weakness of 103.5 FM in my part of the world. So far it sounds like Magic 89.9 back in the day - program titles? - although with a bit more current pop than expected. Took a while to ease in but it's sounding fine right now, but understandably this is a soft launch, so things are still to come.

Interesting to see Brian Aaron move stations. What will happen to his Hit FM slot?

Hopefully this doesn't disappoint like Heart did, but already, the weird thing is, this sounds like Magic. Akala ko medyo K-Lite-ish pero we'll never be sure. Funny seeing the likes of Sgt. Pepper and KDL moving, going against the former station, that's positioned as more than formidable... let's see. :D
  • do they have online radio?
  • edrickedrick PEx Rookie ⭐
    Well, that's sad. What happens to the dj's of Heart. And a scary scenario as well. If you dont make the ratings in 6 months your station gets reformatted and adios to the air staff.
  • king dj logan going up against slick rick and tony tony?

why did who do that?

go up against mo and chico&delamar instead!

this is bad! ruined friendships!

i just heard tetta! sana sla nalang magkasama ni KDL!
    para morning zoo crew!
  • king dj logan going up against slick rick and tony tony?

why did who do that?

go up against mo and chico&delamar instead!

this is bad! ruined friendships!

i just heard tetta! sana sla nalang magkasama ni KDL!
    para morning zoo crew!

I think they did not give him the right to choose on what timeslot he should be in,, given a chance i think he would go up to chico&delamar,, hahahah and i think the friendship between the three slick, toni and KDL will not be ruined with the career move of Logan,, I think they are just upset or may i say disappointed because they lost a really really good friend... haysss sayang nga lang talaga,, i think we should just wait and see on what will happen in the next couple of weeks,,,
  • erzo01erzo01 PEx Rookie ⭐
    nikobatallones: Yup, it'll be interesting indeed to hear Brian Aaron (or Brian Scott, hehe) from a new station.. I think this is his 3rd move (Wave to RT/Hit to Max FM)..
    Actually, I didn't see this coming kasi 2 weeks ago nag-takeover pa siya sa Homerun noong wala si Winner..

edrick: Yup, so sad to see that the many of the Heart DJs are gone.. Andami nilang unemployed all of a sudden.. :(

NgEpi: Hindi kaya manggulo si Logan pag Boys' Night Out na or sina Slick and Toni ang manggulo sa show ni Logan? Magkakalapit lang naman studios nila, if I'm not mistaken.. Kung mga Hit jocks nga nanggugulo sa Magic minsan (and vice-versa).. ;)

BTW, kung hindi ko pa nakita thread na 'to, hindi ko malalaman na today na ang start ng Max FM.. I hope this revamp turns out to be a blessing in disguise for this frequency.. I still miss K-Lite though.. :hmm:
  • erzo01 wrote: »
    nikobatallones: Yup, it'll be interesting indeed to hear Brian Aaron (or Brian Scott, hehe) from a new station.. I think this is his 3rd move (Wave to RT/Hit to Max FM)..
    Actually, I didn't see this coming kasi 2 weeks ago nag-takeover pa siya sa Homerun noong wala si Winner..

edrick: Yup, so sad to see that the many of the Heart DJs are gone.. Andami nilang unemployed all of a sudden.. :(

NgEpi: Hindi kaya manggulo si Logan pag Boys' Night Out na or sina Slick and Toni ang manggulo sa show ni Logan? Magkakalapit lang naman studios nila, if I'm not mistaken.. Kung mga Hit jocks nga nanggugulo sa Magic minsan (and vice-versa).. ;)

BTW, kung hindi ko pa nakita thread na 'to, hindi ko malalaman na today na ang start ng Max FM.. I hope this revamp turns out to be a blessing in disguise for this frequency.. I still miss K-Lite though.. :hmm:

103.5's station is in Jollibee Plaza in Ortigas Center, while Magic 89.9 is here in Paragon Plaza, Mandaluyong City.. magkalayo sila..
  • erzo01erzo01 PEx Rookie ⭐
    103.5's station is in Jollibee Plaza in Ortigas Center, while Magic 89.9 is here in Paragon Plaza, Mandaluyong City.. magkalayo sila..

A ganun ba? I stand corrected! I thought kasi they're all in Paragon Plaza (sister stations kasi sila, di ba?).. :D
  • Hmmm...if they're going to play more 90s music i might give this station a try. Yeah, Im getting old and Im not really fond of today's hits, so might as well...
  • ^^ really? i wonder why they had to move out of paragon. 103.5 i mean.
  • PipoyBULOY wrote: »
    do they have online radio?

I'm trying http://www.eradioportal.com but something seems to be wrong. You might also want to try the Heart 1035 website, at http://www.heart1035.fm. (Speaking of which ano kaya magiging URL ng Max?)
    edrick wrote: »
    Well, that's sad. What happens to the dj's of Heart. And a scary scenario as well. If you dont make the ratings in 6 months your station gets reformatted and adios to the air staff.

Scary thought indeed. DJs have become a commodity! KDL moved all of a sudden, Tetta also disappears, Brian Scott (aka Brian Aaron of Hit FM) also moves, and the likes of Claudine and Janice (who did a good job on Jam and K-Lite, repsectively, in my opinion) are out of a job all of a sudden.

Micky is from K-Lite and Heart, while Carl - isn't he also from K-Lite before the Heart launch? They're both doing 4-8pm (schedule does seem similar to Heart's, which is good for the PM drive show is sensibly scheduled). And the other DJs (Johnny Z et al) are from...?
    sixpencer wrote: »
    ^^ really? i wonder why they had to move out of paragon. 103.5 i mean.

Since Roland Sulit was station manager of Heart, he moved it closer to Wave and Jam, who holds fort at Strata 2000, also along Emerald Avenue. Tatawid ka lang, actually. I don't know now who the SM of this one is... magdududa ako ng kaunti if it's still Roland.

Excess thoughts: Sana parang Triple M and maging format ng Max FM.
  • Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
    Here's the beef on Quest Broadcasting:

Roland Sulit (Joe D' Mango) is now a General Manager, after making Wave and Jam profitable radio stations. Although he didn't do well with Heart, he was the one who initiated the move of reformatting it after only a couple of months of experimentation. Really bad test it was since Heart went directly against Sulit's own two radio stations. This admission helped Sulit look good with the Veras and he's now the apple of the corporate eye.

Bernie Buenaseda on the other hand is struggling to make things work for himself as only Magic is doing well. HIT-FM is doing bad in both the ratings and revenue games that I won't be surprised if Bernie decides to bite the bullet and make the necessary changes.
  • 103.5's station is in Jollibee Plaza in Ortigas Center, while Magic 89.9 is here in Paragon Plaza, Mandaluyong City.. magkalayo sila..

wow talaga malapit lang pala sa office ko, hehehe :bashful:
  • ...the likes of Claudine and Janice... are out of a job all of a sudden....

Wave na si Janice.
  • im just happy Red Eye Carl is back in radio...
  • I wonder how KDL's show will work out. Now he's doing it solo (I think) will it be a phone in?

Without discounting his talents, I still think he needs co-hosts.