COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

MISS WORLD 2000

I don't know where its going to be held. But I'm sure its going to be held tomorrow (November 30,2000)

Does anybody know what local channel will it be shown?

Thanks!

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Member PExer
    It's on December 1, 8 AM. This is actually a delayed telecast (mga 4 hours). There's a replay on Saturday night, I think.
  • archerguyarcherguy Be there. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Our bet to Miss Int'l, Joanna Penalosa, didn't make it to the semi-finals in Japan. It's quite controversial because one of the judges is Dewi Sukarno, who was jailed after slashing a wine glass to the face of a Filipina in New York. Sabi nila she might be instrumental in the defeat of the Filipina.
  • crispypatacrispypata Sobrang Lutong! PExer
    Originally posted by archerguy
    Our bet to Miss Int'l, Joanna Penalosa, didn't make it to the semi-finals in Japan. It's quite controversial because one of the judges is Dewi Sukarno, who was jailed after slashing a wine glass to the face of a Filipina in New York. Sabi nila she might be instrumental in the defeat of the Filipina.

It was Minnie Osme?a. Nakaaway niya while in a party in Aspen, Colorado.

I was there eh... :)
  • FortuneFortune Banned by Admin PExer
    saw this morning live on ZEE TV
    up to SEMIS but had to go to office
    PINAY eliminated
    in the ten
    italy, usa, colombia, india, kenya, kazahkstan,
    forgot the others
  • PUGSLEYPUGSLEY Banned by Admin PExer
    MISS WORLD: INDIA
    1st: ITALY
    2nd: TURKEY
  • chez-ochez-o Bollywood Icon PExer
    For the third time, a country wins back to back Miss World titles (Sweden in the 50s, United Kingdom in the 60s.)

Also, India now tie Venezuela's record with 5 Miss Worlds! India has won in 1966 (Reita Faria), 1994 (Aishwariya Rai,now an actress, who btw, was 1st runner up to Sushmita Sen in the Miss India pageant, the latter also winning her Miss Universe here in Mla.), 1997 (Diana Hayden), 1999 (Yukta Mookhey), and now, 2000(Priyanka Mini Chopra)!

It's also India's 2nd time to win back-to-back-Universe and World titles (1994 and 2000). France did it in '53 (Miss U Christiane Magnani and Miss W Denise Perrier), Australia in '72 (Miss W Belinda Roma Green and Ms. U Kerry Anne Wells), and Venezuela in '81 (Ms. W Carmen Josefina Le?n Crespo and Ms. U Mona Irene Lailin S?ez Conde [later became a politician and lost in the Venezuelan presidential elections]). RP nearly had a back to back when Margie Moran won Ms. U and Evangeline Pascual won 1st runner up in Ms. W. Pascual reportedly lost due to actor Gregory Peck's (who was a judge that year) racial bias. Eventually, Miss W. Marjorie Wallace (USA) got involved in a scandal, but Miss RP refused the crown.

No country has yet won all three pageants in the same year (Miss W, Miss U and Miss International). Australia was eliminated in the 1972 Miss I (RP's Yolanda Dominguez was 2nd R.U.). Venezuela's Miriam Quintana was only a quarterfinalist in Miss I '81. India was eliminated in Miss I '94 (Alma Concepcion was our candidate: semifinalist and Miss Friendship) and Gayatri Anilkumar Joshi, India's Miss International 2000, was only a semifinalist. Unfortunately, wala pang Miss I nung 1953. Miss I. started in 1960 as a breakaway group of Miss W.

yan na muna.
  • YoshiYoshi Member PExer
    chez-o: Masaya ka ngayong nanalo na naman yang mga kalahi mo, ano? :D
  • chez-ochez-o Bollywood Icon PExer
    hindi naman, hindi siya masyadong maganda eh...mas prefer ko pa rin si diana hayden, and of course, aishwariya!!!1
  • mytyragirlmytyragirl Live Life Simply ! PExer
    She deserved to win. Okay ang overall appearance niya, very regal ang dating at magaling din siyang sumagot.

Galing talaga ng India. Biruin nyo lahat ng nanalo sa Femina Miss India nila nananalo ng titles. LAra sa Universe, Priyanka sa World at Diya sa Miss Asia-PAcific. Tinuhog na lahat.

AT di niyo ba napapansin na hindi na masyadong nag-focus sa mga tall girls as winners. Priyanka 5'7 lang tapos si Diya 5'6 at si Lara 5'8 na di naman ganoong katangkad. Buti naman at di na nafofocus sa height lang, mas concerned talaga sila ngayon sa personality and intelligence. Ibig sabihin na kahit mga kandidata natin sa Pilipinas ay di katangkaran ay pwede na ring manalo internationally. O di pasalihin na ng pasalihin ang mga kahit 5'6 at 5'7 ang height.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file