COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Let's Talk About Travel Insurance

TravelBugTravelBug Sakay Na! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
I've heard of so many horror stories like getting stuck in airports due to bad weather, people missing connecting flights, getting bumped due to overbooking, lost baggage and even medical emergencies while abroad. How many of us would actually purchase travel insurance plans as part of your preparation for a trip? Which plan did you avail of and how much did it cost you? I've tried several providers; Malayan Insurance, Blue Cross, HSBC and BDO (not sure who their partner providers are). The cheapest I got so far was from Malayan for only 250 pesos for a 30-day coverage, but it has very limited benefits. I believe the Schengen states and other European countries would require travelers to secure a comprehensive travel insurance plan prior to visa issuance. Would you get one even for domestic travel? Why or why not?

Comments

• gonefishinggonefishing Banned by Admin PExer
    we do, especially if we're traveling to the US, kasi mahal maaksidente doon, and kung magtatagal kami say minimum of 1 month to a maximum of 3 months, my wife handles that for us, pero from what I remember parang P1k+ yata each person ang binayad namin or P2k+ basta more or less 1k-2k/person
  • nina9702nina9702 just wandering PEx Rookie ⭐
    Yup, our family always make it a point to get travel insurance whenever we travel overseas.

I've availed from Blue Cross and from Philam, but mostly through Blue Cross. I like Blue Cross because we can apply for the insurance without having to leave the house, and they also have the policy delivered to our house.

I've been lucky enough not to have the need to use my travel insurance. My parents though, both have filed a claim.

My mom filed for reimbursement for her hydrotherapy in Australia. It took about a month for them to issue the reimbursement.

On their second trip, my dad became unconcious naman. They called for an ambulance, administered first aid and took him to the emergency room, where he regained conciousness. My sister gave the hospital the insurance policy number. When they come home to Manila, we just submitted the documents to Blue Cross and they coordinated with the hospital. As far as I know, my sister didn't pay anything for the ambulance and the hospital services.

I paid around 4,000 for a 17-day trip to Singapore and Thailand for the Philam travel insurance. They have a tie up with Mabuhay miles, so you can earn miles if you get your insurance with them.

With Blue cross, we pay around 7,000+ for a US dollar executive plan for 3 months.
  • xxkissbangxxxxkissbangxx Member PExer
    What's the best travel insurer/insurance company? When I do go on my Eurotrip this is a requirement so which one can you recommend, especially for that kind of trip? Thanks!
  • pink_eyespink_eyes BCWMH addict PExer
    yeah ako din..same question sayo kissbang....

pero if have no any choice parang MALAYAN INSURANCE na siguro ako
  • myprincesssaymyprincesssay zialicious..... PExer
    yeah me too same question...
  • wanderlostboywanderlostboy Member PExer
    paid USD79 for a bluecross 30 day travel insurance (exec. deluxe dollar - the one that meets the requirement of a eur30,000/ usd50,000 coverage). it's usd102 or thereabouts for a 45-day one. it's the same for any travel agency you go...i think; i went to two agencies...cause they have the standard bluecross application with the premiums listed. assist is a little more expensive, the reason they said was because with bluecross you might have to shell out first then they reimburse you.
    paid USD79 for a bluecross 30 day travel insurance (exec. deluxe dollar - the one that meets the requirement of a eur30,000/ usd50,000 coverage). it's usd102 or thereabouts for a 45-day one. it's the same for any travel agency you go...i think; i went to two agencies...cause they have the standard bluecross application with the premiums listed. assist is a little more expensive, the reason they said was because with bluecross you might have to shell out first then they reimburse you.
    can i know saan travel agency ka inquire bout blue cross
    thanks n advanced
  • TravelBugTravelBug Sakay Na! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^Any travel agency would quote the same rate for Blue Cross.
    TravelBug wrote: »
    ^Any travel agency would quote the same rate for Blue Cross.
    im from the provinced kase eh...
    thats why im asking, wala kze dito sa province mostly airline tickets lng dito
  • wanderlostboywanderlostboy Member PExer
    im from the provinced kase eh...
    thats why im asking, wala kze dito sa province mostly airline tickets lng dito

got it from prestige travel along quirino/roxas blvd. it's the same with most agencies, i think, cause the use the same form that bluecross gives out. go to travel agencies that help out with visa application, i would think they also have bluecross
    nag punta kze aq dito travel agency sa province ko and they are not catering for travel insurance daw, motsly dito is airfare lang and international and local tour packages, wala nga visa assistance
  • TravelBugTravelBug Sakay Na! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Try calling Blue Cross. The number is on their website.
  • Boo1607Boo1607 Wanker PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    For Pexers in England: Try switching your bank to Natwest, they offer free 28-day travel insurance, if you are an advantage Card holder. That saves a lot. Imagine saving 50-60 quid. Ive used it for 4 years now. And thats the only reason why I switched from Barclays. And Im gonna avail it again next week. Hehe.

;)
    TravelBug wrote: »
    Try calling Blue Cross. The number is on their website.
    oki na, i got BDO accident insurance 1,800 one year cya tapos insurable for 3million php
  • ikayikay Member PExer
    From http://www.cebupacificair.com/flightinfo/travelrequirements.html

We provide meal vouchers if the disruption is 2 hours and beyond. We may provide other amenities but on our sole discretion. We recommend that all guests ensure that they have suitable private travel insurance protection in force to cover such eventualities.
  • Do you advice me to subscribe a travel insurance policy from Axa Singapore ?
  • creeper101creeper101 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    There are some credit cards that has travel insurance.
  • johnski_07johnski_07 Lakwatsero! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Any feedback about the travel insurance of Standard Insurance? Thanks.
  • jjrr85jjrr85 PEx Rookie ⭐
    question po about travel insurance claim, i got axa insurance for our hk trip this october sana but will likely need to cancel due to a new job opportunity. possible kaya icover ni axa yung nagastos for fare and deposit ng hotel? thanks!
  • johnski_07johnski_07 Lakwatsero! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    jjrr85 said:
    question po about travel insurance claim, i got axa insurance for our hk trip this october sana but will likely need to cancel due to a new job opportunity. possible kaya icover ni axa yung nagastos for fare and deposit ng hotel? thanks!
    I think hindi sya macocover. Natanong ko na dati yan sa axa.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file