Home PEx Campus College of Saint Benilde

Help Transferee Questions

Pano po ba mag transfer to CSB from DLSU? Ilang units ba ang pwedeng ma credit? third year na kasi ako kaya sayang naman kung konti lng maccredit. Pwede pa ba akong maging scholar and what type of scholarship ang pwede kong kunin? Sana meron para payagan me ng parents ko transfer.

Pag may failure ba me sa DLSU hindi na me pwedeng magka honors?

Regarding sa Degree ano po ba ang mas ok AB-MMA, BSBA-CA or BSBA-HRM? Ilang years ang mga degree na ito?

Stupid Question: Hindi ba mahirap mag adjust pag transferee ka sa CSB malapit na me mag 19 eh nakakahiya ata puro mas bata classmates mo?:bashful: :bashful:

Comments

• Sa pagkakaalam ko, may mga macredit naman.. uhmm.. i don't know kung ilan nga lang.. depende sa course na kukunin mo sa csb.. sa 3 course na tinanong mo, ikaw lang makakasagot kung anu mas gusto mo dyan.. pero kung ako, i'll go for mma.. di ko lang alam kung ilan terms.. much better, if you'll go to the admission office.. tanung tanung ka na lang dun.. about sa pag-adjust, ok mga tao dito.. marami ako naging classmate galing main tinanung ko sila kung kamusta mga tao dito sa benilde, sabi nila mas ok daw, mas friendly, mas mabilis daw pakisamahan.. anyway.. Goodluck sayo.. :sunnysmile:
  • Horcrux wrote: »
    Pano po ba mag transfer to CSB from DLSU? Ilang units ba ang pwedeng ma credit? third year na kasi ako kaya sayang naman kung konti lng maccredit. Pwede pa ba akong maging scholar and what type of scholarship ang pwede kong kunin? Sana meron para payagan me ng parents ko transfer.

Regarding sa Degree ano po ba ang mas ok AB-MMA, BSBA-CA or BSBA-HRM? Ilang years ang mga degree na ito?

Stupid Question: Hindi ba mahirap mag adjust pag transferee ka sa CSB malapit na me mag 19 eh nakakahiya ata puro mas bata classmates mo?:bashful: :bashful:
    Hi, i was a transferee from la salle manila too. you have to go to the admissions office and inquire about the start of entrance exams. usually its around mid terms. then you have to get the application form, and complete the requirements. i just don't remember what the requirements are. after that, you submit your application form back to the admissions office, and secure your test permit. after taking the test and receiving your results, you will be given an adjustment form. and since you are from la salle manila, i can tell you right now that it is "Credit As Many.." except of course the major subject.

As for adjusting to the environment of CSB, it is a bit difficult. you'll find it a bit more lax. as for the age thing, it does not matter at all.

Hope this helps.
    Pano po ba mag transfer to CSB from DLSU?

EH DI TAWID KA NG TAFT!!:bop: :bop:

ilang units? as many as your academic advisor at CSB can see fit. before i transfered to CSB, i filled a term with 18 units of floating DLSU subjects that would be similar to possible subjects at CSB. it paid off, when i transferred... the entire 1st year of my CSB flowchart was credited and i graduated in 5 terms (had 9 terms at DLSU previously). with scholarships, don't count on it. i have never heard of a STUFAP-like program in CSB and the scholarships are pretty much fixed to the best incoming froshies and recruited athletes. the best you can do is work hard for your grades (3.9+ cgpa) and you will get a prize at the start of the next year (a fellow transferee got a check for 10K). CSB makes a big deal out of consistent dean's listers, may trophy pa ngang binigay sa amin.

technically, pwede ka pa rin magkahonor's kung may bagsak ka dati. however, honor's are only given to students who have completed over 80% of their units at CSB. if that was disregarded in my case, i would have graduated ***** laude.

3rd question... can't answer that, CDA ako grumaduate.

stupid question answered: i transfered to CSB when i was 21. of course nakakahiya and mag-aadjust ka talaga. don't be surprised if you find people who had been in the same situation as what you'll go through... you'll learn from them. just because you're from DLSU doesn't any make you better than your classmates na mas-bata. if you know you are, then prove it and they'll respect you for that... the important thing here is to stay humble.
  • Hi, i was a transferee from la salle manila too. you have to go to the admissions office and inquire about the start of entrance exams. usually its around mid terms. then you have to get the application form, and complete the requirements. i just don't remember what the requirements are. after that, you submit your application form back to the admissions office, and secure your test permit. after taking the test and receiving your results, you will be given an adjustment form. and since you are from la salle manila, i can tell you right now that it is "Credit As Many.." except of course the major subject.

As for adjusting to the environment of CSB, it is a bit difficult. you'll find it a bit more lax. as for the age thing, it does not matter at all.

Hope this helps.

For the crediting of subjects, i would suggest that as early as now gather all the course syllabus of all the minor subjects you passed at dlsu. This would help the registrar to assess the subjects that will be credited when you enter CSB.
  • yep listen to red_real_animo, when i transfered i didn't know any of this things so it took me awhile to have it done, then you should have it done as early as possible, kapag hinid mo inasikaso kaagad, hindi na nila ice-credit mga subjects na nakuha mo na sa main,
  • Eto, what if I want to transfer from CSB to DLSU?

Wah. Is it like, easy or what? Freshman palang ako sa CSB. I know it's a very thing to do but yeah. Hahah.
  • @Franckz

fortunately, that's nothing new. back then, i had a classmate during my 1st term there who transfered from UST and stayed at CSB for a year afterwhich she had good enough grades to get her the course that she wanted at DLSU. i also knew someone who gave up his full scholarship at CSB after a year to enroll and pay the tuition at DLSU.

the admissions office of DLSU would be particular with grades from your previous school so i suggest that you do maybe 2-4 terms without any grade lower than 2.5 at CSB, pick the course that you really want, and do well at the admissions exam.

no offense to DLSU's CED... but when i was there, CED courses were the easiest back-entry courses for transferees because there weren't a lot of education majors anyway. you can also consider that each term before, there would be a number of students who will be honorably -or dishonorably- dismissed from CCS (comp-sci), COE (engineering), and CBE (business) therefore slots won't be a problem however they have higher grade requirements. COS (sciences) also has its share of students shifting or shipping out and they normally accept anyone as long as they're passionate about science. CLA (liberal arts/lia-comm) is quite different, not a lot of students leave that college compared to the rest and the ones who had a tough time at one point or another from the other colleges may have thought "mag a.b. psych nalang kaya ako" so slots would be scarce.

even though DLSU & CSB are both trimestral, DLSU's learning pace is too fast for those who can't (or won't) adapt to it while CSB's pace... depending on the course, isn't stressful at all.
  • What if ganito yung case.. Last term. (3rd term) nag transfer kami ng friend ko sa CSB. Galing ako ng Letran then nag transfer ako sa CSB 36 units ang na credit sakin. Yung friend ko DLSU siya then nag Letran tapos lumipat sa CSB. Wala na credit sa kanya. Umulit siya sa lahat ng subjects niya. Bakit ganun? May mga subjects siya na natapos sa DLSU pero na kickout siya..kaya lumipat sa letran then nag CSB..
  • Haha. Okaaaaaay. Thanks to unshamedusher (Was it spelled correctly?). How about opinions on studying for the second semester?

Gah. Is it really that hard?
  • @harry_gucc
    baka lang yung pinaka-previous school ang credited na units. di ako siguardo diyan pero kung may transcript naman ang friend mo nung nasa DLSU pa siya, pwede pa niya ipakita yun at magtanong kung bakit hindi credited.

@Franckz
    there's no harm in trying. but if i were you, i'd enroll and ace as many floating subjects in CSB that will probably be credited in your course of preference at DLSU (which will take at least 3 terms on an irregular non-block schedule). ask for your course's flowchart from the registrar's office at CSB and go across the street and find out if you can get a copy of course flowcharts at DLSU.

it's up to you to find out whether studying at DLSU is hard. it'll be much easier if you're in a course that you'll enjoy. don't think about your future career unless you're absolutely certain about it, just consider your interests and what you want to learn.
  • I want to transfer to CSB next term, application for the 2nd sem will start on monday.

Pano po kung wala pang syllabus ng previous subjects? Kasi sabi ng registrar sa dati kong school 2 months daw bago makuha yung syllabus :(

thanks..
  • ^^ eew ang kapal talaga ng benilde
  • ano po bang problema?
  • bakit naman makapal benilde? transferee din ako from DLSU to CSB... at last ggrad nako this october :D

:turncat:
  • Heres the thing kapag galing ng Main campus Lasalle lahat ng subjects macreredit. Pero pag galing ng ibang school kahit second courser 30 units lang pwedeng macredit kaya marami kanag uultin na subkect kahit mataas grade mo

Ok. Pero pano kung wala syllabus & flowchart? Lahat uulitin? :confused:
  • chloe15chloe15 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    di naman minsan yung school ma mismo yung hingi ng grades and mo sa kabila then sila na mag compare.
  • You can just list down all the general subjects you have taken (and passed) in DLSU. They'll review that anyway to see which ones can be credited. That's what I did. So better if you list all (even PE and NSTP) so you won't miss any. Sayang naman.