Home PEx Business and Careers Banking and Finance
Discuss your bets and predictions on who will be the next Miss Universe. 👑

Sun Life Financial Philippines

Share any stories about this company?

Comments

• Hi guys. An agent from SunLife contacted me a few days ago and offering this product - SunLife FlexiLink.

Has anyone here invested on this? I'm pretty much a newbie and absolutely do not have much idea on insurance and this investment of SunLife so if you guys can share your thoughts on this, I'd really really appreciate it.

For those who would like to look - the information can also be acquired from their site: SUNLIFE FLEXILINK

Thanks guys for takign time and sharing your thoughts and expertise on this matter. I'm interested in investing a certain amount of my savings on this - if it is really worth it.
  • Hi,

Sun FlexiLink is a Variable Universal Life Insurance Product that gives you maximum life insurance coverage, plus investments in mutual funds. In short, it is a combination of your Life insurance and mutual funds. Last year, the balanced fund for this product gave a 47.1% net returns. Not bad right?

*okay*

A part of what you're paying is invested in units, not shares (shares are for mutual funds and units are for VUL products). You are not tagged by dividends (which are not guaranteed din naman), but with VUL products you could be earning better (as in a lot better). I advise you buy a traditional plan first before getting a vul product. Any financial adviser will tell you that (kahit hindi agent).

Hope it helps.

=)
    Meg
  • whytewhyte PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Im currently reviewing the proposal my agent gave me.

I am already on my 6th year as a sunlife life insurance policy holder of sun exclusive plus so this is another tempting offer for me :glee:
  • Sunlife is a reliable insurance company! They are not a flashy company but they do there work for your money! They also have good financial planners to cater to your budget and what products you want and need.
  • Yep! Grabe ang stability nila. Kaya nga ang haba ng history nila dito sa 'Pinas e.

Pero mukhang nagmahal na sila ngayon....
  • choyychoyy PExer
    I agree that Sunlife is one of the most stable insurance companies worldwide. Hindi ko lang nagustuhan yung ginawa nung isang account executive nila. Habang pinag-aaralan ko yung mga proposals niya, pumunta ng US. Nakausap ko naman siya by cellphone, at sabi niya 3 weeks pa daw siya duon. I suggested na sana i-endorse niya nalang ako sa ibang agent para madaling makapagtanong at ma-process na ang mga papers. Sabi niya, siya nalang daw ang mag-aasikaso pagbalik niya. April pa kami nag-usap, June na bukas, wala pa akong natanggap na tawag galing sa kanya or from anyone sa Sunlife!

Perhaps she doesn't really need the money nor the job at Sunlife, but she's definitely doing a disservice to the company! Nakakasira lang siya sa goodwill ng Sunlife. Ilan na kaya ang nawalang clients nila because of her?

As for me, kumuha nalang ako sa AXA at saka sa Generali.
  • baludoybaludoy Nag me-meron PEx Expert 🎖️
    eh kumusta naman income generating services nila? are they deserving of your money? baka matindi mag bill ng charges sila?
  • I had a placement with them, sunlife balanced fund, malaki naman ang kita compared to time deposits.. bawi ko na ung sales load na binayaran ko sa kinita ko, so ok na.. and maalaga sa client ung agent ko cos she updates me from time to time..
  • La akong ma say or ma complain sa sunlife, ok ang history nila and yun management background nila malupit so no doubt naman if you'll going to invest in their mutual funds.. mga managers nila mukhang matatatag din :)

Or try nyo mag trade ng stock market... mas risky kesa mutual funds but there's a lot to learn..

http://www.pinoystocks.com
  • art-effectart-effect PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Guys, I'm planning on getting an insurance. Which do you recommend, Sun Life or Philam Life? Thanks!
  • I want to invest in Sun Life's equity fund. Are there any Sun Life agents here?
  • Hello there! You may want to direct your questions regarding Sun Life thru me. Thank you. I am just new here on PEX;)
  • anabea wrote: »
    Hello there! You may want to direct your questions regarding Sun Life thru me. Thank you. I am just new here on PEX;)

hi, pls give info naman about this investment. whats the yield range (% int)? can you give me a sample computation if we're going to invest around 100-200K.of course you can use current %rate. how much is the yield for 3mons, 6mons, & 1 year? we're currently in the look out for a good institution to keep the money for a few months or yrs maybe. Is this risk-FREE? what will be the charges? thanks!

for those who have invested their money with Sunlife:

pls share naman if it's okay to invest here compared with the banks. thanks!
  • Hi. Those interested in Sunlife financial products like VUL and MF may PM me. My partner and her team at Sunlife can assist you in your particular investment objectives and requirements. You may also contact them directly:

Lala Baldelovar
    Sunlife Career Agent / Mutual Fund Rep
  • blu_flair wrote: »
    hi, pls give info naman about this investment. whats the yield range (% int)? can you give me a sample computation if we're going to invest around 100-200K.of course you can use current %rate. how much is the yield for 3mons, 6mons, & 1 year? we're currently in the look out for a good institution to keep the money for a few months or yrs maybe. Is this risk-FREE? what will be the charges? thanks!

for those who have invested their money with Sunlife:

pls share naman if it's okay to invest here compared with the banks. thanks!

anyone who can answer this? :)
  • After a month of investing my P50K in Sun Life's mutual funds, my net gain (2% front saled load already deducted) is more than P2K. 4% returns in 30 days is not bad, that is if the NAVPS will be maintained dahil medyo maganda stock market ngayon. Mas malaki pa sana ang gain ko if I bought the shares noong medyo bumaba ang market during the US subprime woes.
  • Hi everyone! I'm Ella, working as a Financial Adviser with Sunlife Financial, I'm teaching people how to invest/grow their money. Aside from various life insurance products, pension and educational plans, Sunlife is also involve in asset management like mutual funds (peso and dollar). The return in investment can go as high as 15-20% annually with a minimum investment of P10,000.00 only.

If you just put your money in savings or time deposit account that gives 1-3% interest, it will lose its future value since the inflation rate is averaged at 6-8% annually. You need to find investment alternatives that can beat inflation.

If you're interested to know more about Sunlife investment products, you may send me a message or e-mail me at [email protected] or just text me 0917-5254283.

Sunlife of Canada (Phils.) is the first and oldest insurance company in the Phils., It's already 112 years old. You can visit our website at www.sunlife.com.ph for more info
  • metropolitanmetropolitan PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ellagirl wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm Ella, working as a Financial Adviser with Sunlife Financial, I'm teaching people how to invest/grow their money. Aside from various life insurance products, pension and educational plans, Sunlife is also involve in asset management like mutual funds (peso and dollar). The return in investment can go as high as 15-20% annually with a minimum investment of P10,000.00 only.

If you just put your money in savings or time deposit account that gives 1-3% interest, it will lose its future value since the inflation rate is averaged at 6-8% annually. You need to find investment alternatives that can beat inflation.

If you're interested to know more about Sunlife investment products, you may send me a message or e-mail me at [email protected] or just text me 0917-5254283.

Sunlife of Canada (Phils.) is the first and oldest insurance company in the Phils., It's already 112 years old. You can visit our website at www.sunlife.com.ph for more info

Remember, investments in Variable Life Insurance and Mutual Funds are not guaranteed, it has risks, it may lose in value and principal. Sunlife Financial cannot guarantee future investment results of such products.

Invest in what you are comfortable with and what you fully understand.
  • So called Professional "Financial Advisers/Planner" must disclose risk and comission to its clients and must put the clients best interest before the company and itself.

With regards to the thread starter i don't think s/he knows what he is doing because s/he didn't disclose the risk in investing in this kind of instrument.
  • foolcha wrote: »
    So called Professional "Financial Advisers/Planner" must disclose risk and comission to its clients and must put the clients best interest before the company and itself.

With regards to the thread starter i don't think s/he knows what he is doing because s/he didn't disclose the risk in investing in this kind of instrument.

parang real estate agents (aka property consultants) :rotflmao: