Home PEx Family and Society Family, Friends and Society

Pare, I'm Envious Of You!!!!!!!!!

Here in the office, I have a close friend, a buddy, Jeremy. He’s handsome, very socially skilled, he can sing, he can act, and tops our training. He’s intelligent, and a graduate of a reputable university. He’s not very loud. As I mentioned, he’s socially skilled, so he’s cheerful and loud when it’s appropriate, and serious or quiet when it’s appropriate. And he’s only 21. He also dresses ok. He’s vain; and is well-groomed. He's just average in height.

On the other hand, I put considerable effort into what I wear every time I go to the office. So I guess I dress well. I dress possibly better than he does. I am a lot older. A person told me I also am quiet; I am loud and cheerful when it’s appropriate. But I am not handsome; my looks are just a bit above average. I’m vain too, and I make it a point to really groom myself before I come to the office. For instance, my hair always looks nice, etc. An officemate told me my hair looks nice, at least. I am a graduate of a reputable university too. I sing very well and I can act too. After some observations, it is possible that I have more “finances” than he does. I work professionally in the office. I am tall, but am quite chubby.

I’m envious of my friend Jeremy’s popularity. He’s always the focus of our officemates’ attention. Even in parties and gimmicks. What I spent years trying to discover how to relate well with people, he probably already knows, because he’s very socially skilled.

Please give me advices on how to deal with my problem. I am very very depressed. :( :( I feel that he always outshines me. For the men here, have you ever had similar feelings?

Secondly, I wonder how officemates perceive our group? A thought enters my mind that others consider us as the “cool guys”. Could this be possible?

Comments

• Well, someone will always be better than you.
    Will you please read your post again? It sounds so immature.
    Is this supposed to be a joke?
    Because it is funny. I can't stop laughing while reading your supposedly sad story. hahahhaha
  • Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    But if youre smarter than him, you know what to do. Join him.

Basta rule of thumb...walang gayahan ng style. Just be yourself.
  • just be yourself gaddamet. nobody wants a copycat. perhaps you're an exception. :p:p:p:p
  • Tommy201 wrote: »
    Secondly, I wonder how officemates perceive our group? A thought enters my mind that others consider us as the “cool guys”. Could this be possible?

So this means that you and Jeremy belong to one group or social clique. it's possible that you're considered as the cool guys. My 2 cents.
  • jed_allanjed_allan PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Tommy,ikaw ba yan pare? hahaha naiinggit ka pala sa akin? :lol:

nakakatawa actually yung names: Tommy and Jeremy...parang Tom and Jerry...

hmmmm...

hinde kaya PARE,I'M INLOVE WITH YOU dapat ang thread title? :lol:
  • JongaJonga PExer
    dude, everybody has a weak spot, look for that spot in him, study it, and then make it your best trait.

of what he is lacking with, you will provide, that way you both earn the respect of your company because you can become the greatest team/group since you are working as a team.

if not, then go find another group where your skills are more recognized ;)
  • Well, someone will always be better than you.
    Will you please read your post again? It sounds so immature.
    Is this supposed to be a joke?
    Because it is funny. I can't stop laughing while reading your supposedly sad story. hahahhaha

Onga nakakatawa yung story niya. :D :rotflmao:
  • pansin na pansin mo siya a, baka crush mo siya ?
  • pare walang mangyayari syo kung ikukumpara mo sarili mo sa iba,,hindi ka lang ganun ka confident cgro kasi lagi mo iniisip na meron mas magaling sayo..
  • j_f21j_f21 PExer
    "If you compare yourself with others,
    you may become vain and bitter;
    for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself."

- Desiderata
  • it's not bad... then what you do is make yourself "likeable" to other people...

think: "what do you have that he doesn't have?" - from there start! if he's your buddy and you're really good friends then why not share his popularity?

Here in the office, I have a close friend, a buddy, Jeremy. He’s handsome, very socially skilled, he can sing, he can act, and tops our training. He’s intelligent, and a graduate of a reputable university. He’s not very loud. As I mentioned, he’s socially skilled, so he’s cheerful and loud when it’s appropriate, and serious or quiet when it’s appropriate. And he’s only 21. He also dresses ok. He’s vain; and is well-groomed. He's just average in height.

On the other hand, I put considerable effort into what I wear every time I go to the office. So I guess I dress well. I dress possibly better than he does. I am a lot older. A person told me I also am quiet; I am loud and cheerful when it’s appropriate. But I am not handsome; my looks are just a bit above average. I’m vain too, and I make it a point to really groom myself before I come to the office. For instance, my hair always looks nice, etc. An officemate told me my hair looks nice, at least. I am a graduate of a reputable university too. I sing very well and I can act too. After some observations, it is possible that I have more “finances” than he does. I work professionally in the office. I am tall, but am quite chubby.

I’m envious of my friend Jeremy’s popularity. He’s always the focus of our officemates’ attention. Even in parties and gimmicks. What I spent years trying to discover how to relate well with people, he probably already knows, because he’s very socially skilled.

Please give me advices on how to deal with my problem. I am very very depressed. :( :( I feel that he always outshines me. For the men here, have you ever had similar feelings?

Just the way you describe him sounds like you like him... Are you gay? I don't think guys cared that much about how other guys look, act and so on and so forth..

Socially skilled.. Focus of attention? These sounds more like a girl's problem/issues to me..

Well, that's my POV..
  • clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ sharing the same sentiments.
  • it's nice to hear that you actually admit that you envy him

this is very uncommon with men since men tend to keep to themselves or would rather ask 'sensitive' questions with their best buddies. i am wondering why you're asking these questions when in fact you already know the answer to your questions. you don't have to compare yourself to him. you said that you can sing, act and you know how to act on each situation so i think the best thing for you to do is to act naturally, be your natural self and focus on the things that you do best. you'll never know somebody might also be looking up to you the way you look up to your officemate.
  • to the threadstarter....lemme ask you...how far are you willing to go to fix this "problem" of yours?
  • Tommy201Tommy201 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i am willing to go very far on fixing this problem of mine...

I"m not gay, i'm sure of that. Lol. In fact, I envy my buddy coz he has the social magnetism to get every girl he wants.

I had to describe that he's handsome because this is one of the factors why he outshines me. While I am also above average in looks, i'm not handsome but just a bit above average only.
    Share his popularity? Well, yah, since we belong to the same clique, I share in his popularity. I become popular because he is. The problem though, is he always outshines me, every time.

I do believe that other men also envy other men , especially the heartthrobs.

Matulisnapulis, it is possible that our officemates might be looking up at our group. But i'm not sure. Perhaps we're regarded as the "cool guys". But then again, that's just a notion.
  • weboinkweboink PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Ganun talaga, mas mabangis siya sa iyo. Tanggapin mo na lang ang katotohanan.
    But I am not handsome

That is your problem. It is that simple.
    Well, yah, since we belong to the same clique, I share in his popularity. I become popular because he is.

Based on this quote, you'll never be the alpha dog.. How bout you becoming an individual.. It seems like you define yourself through him..

BTW, thinking of yourself as "cool" is totally "uncool".... sorry to burst your bubble, but people who are "cool" don't think or care of how others look at them...

And you being depressed about this non-problem is totally "ghey"...

Again, this is just my POV...
  • uptowngirluptowngirl PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Hi Tommy,

Someone will always be better, more good looking and more intelligent than you are. Don't try to clone Jeremy, else you'd just be a copycat and make you more depressed.

Take up a new sport or a new hobby. Veer away from the "Jeremy-way" of things into the Tommy-way. ;)