Home PEx Hobbies Anime and Manga

Where to download anime episodes?

booksalebooksale PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
do you know where i can download some Ultra Maniac episodes (#18-22)?

i've tried youtube, pero en espanol ang subtitles nila eh. i'm not familiar with torrents, so i'm looking for other suggestions.

Comments

• AniDB.

Check the IRC channels of the fansub groups listed (since it is very unlikely that torrents of UM are still seeded).

Edit: found a seeded ***** from torrentportal.com. Just download a ***** client (either Azureus or uTorrent) download the ***** file, run it and you can then choose the episodes you wish to download.

But I'm betting you'll have more luck with IRC.
  • booksalebooksale PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    hehe... i've never used mirc or torrents before. wala bang direct download diyan, like from rapidshare or megaupload?
  • HK-47HK-47 PExer
    i've said this many, many times before, but it is absolutely worth it to learn using IRC and bittorrent. it's nowhere near as hard as it seems, and there are lots of good tutorials all over the net (google is your friend). unless you're behind a school/company firewall (in which case you shouldn't be downloading this stuff anyway), its a lot easier to find, and most of the time a lot faster to download anime/manga with either bittorrent or IRC.
  • you will hardly see any site for anime direct download for one reason: bandwidth is expensive. and you would know that hosting files over the internet will get you more on your bandwidth consumption. after all, you will not be the only one to download a particular episode but millions of you. do the math.

there was actually a site back then where i go to which is codainanime.com. this site is a direct download site but due to lack of funding, the site closed down. the cause: bandwidth consumption.

from what i have heard, the site only lasted a few months.
  • u can try www.veoh.com
    i've downloaded some anime series there like elfen leid, code geass and deathnote. they have also new series of animes..
    try mu lang i-search kung nandun ung hinahanap mo.....
  • There's also http://www.anidown.com/ if you're looking for stuff on rapidshare/megaupload. No Ultra Maniac but if you are looking for other series... Do note that it's quite possible that most links are probably dead (haven't tried it myself, 'twas just recommended to me by a friend).
  • HK-47 wrote: »
    i've said this many, many times before, but it is absolutely worth it to learn using IRC and bittorrent. it's nowhere near as hard as it seems, and there are lots of good tutorials all over the net (google is your friend). unless you're behind a school/company firewall (in which case you shouldn't be downloading this stuff anyway), its a lot easier to find, and most of the time a lot faster to download anime/manga with either bittorrent or IRC.

Quoted for Truth. :D

Seriously, I'm not dissin' those who are exclusively looking for direct downloads, but come on! If you REALLY need to find a certain anime title you want for free, then shouldn't you consider ALL POSSIBLE OPTIONS in obtaining them? Why limit yourself with only one method? You'll never know, maybe with the other methods you can find the titles you want quicker?

Take it from someone who was once a "direct-download" only person. I found out about BT and IRC, did a little research, and in less than a week, I was up and running, downloading all the anime and manga I wanted to my heart's content! :cool:
    AniDB.

Check the IRC channels of the fansub groups listed (since it is very unlikely that torrents of UM are still seeded).

Edit: found a seeded ***** from torrentportal.com. Just download a ***** client (either Azureus or uTorrent) download the ***** file, run it and you can then choose the episodes you wish to download.

okay, i've decided to try torrents. pero ano ba ang pagkakaiba ng azureus, bittorrent at utorrent? ano ba dito ang pinaka-simpleng gamitin? safe bang gamitin ang torrents? ano sa tatlo ang hindi resource-hog o may malware o adware?
  • Gide0nGide0n PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^

bittorrent = method used on distributing files
    Azureus/µTorrent = software for bittorrent

I'm using Azureus 'cause I find it easy to use but most people prefer µTorrent 'cause it's lightweight and much easier to use.

a bit OT but if you want, you may try streaming sites like http://www.tv-links.co.uk/ unlike *****, you don't need any seeders to watch your favorite anime ;)
    streaming sites... can i download and save the episodes? btw, what's the average speed when you're downloading from bittorrent?
  • ^ depends on the speed of your connection. Like HTTP, you should get up to 85-90% of your ISP's rated speed when downloading.
  • LesLes PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ***** is the way to go if you're collecting anime. Anime torrents are remarkably resistant to dying out and it's common to find torrents 150 weeks old or more that are still seeded.

I've tried direct downloading but I got better speeds with torrents. Even if a particular ***** isn't fast, you can run several torrents simultaneously to maximize your bandwidth. I typically run anywhere from 1-5 torrents at the same time.
    what's your speeds when downloading via torrents?
  • LesLes PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I can reach 86 kB/sec.
    how do you set up your utorrent preferences to optimize downloading speed?
  • booksale wrote: »
    how do you set up your utorrent preferences to optimize downloading speed?

First off, follow the speed guide in utorrent and select the appropriate speed of your connection. utorrent will automatically set your global number of connections, no. of active torrents at a time, and set your upload speed limit.

Next, you need to forward your ports (if you can) in your router to be able to let other peers connect to you (incoming connections). If you're downloading and there's a "red question mark" in utorrent's status bar, that means your ports are not forwarded, others can't connect to you, and you may not get the optimal speed for your downloads.
  • LesLes PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    In my case, I had to manually configure my software firewall to open the ***** port. I also hacked the number of half-open TCP connections from 10 (set by WinXP with SP2) to 50, then tweaked uTorrent to use a max of 30. There are tons of tweaking guides for uTorrent, you just need to Google to find them.

By the way, make sure you set your upload speed to no more than 80% of your actual download speed. Otherwise your downloads will slow down.