Home PEx Lifestyle Visas and Immigration

Visa for Australia

Guys, question lang po. Mahirap ba kumuha ng tourist visa for Australia? Mga magkano po kaya expenses and mga documents na kelangan. Thanks.

Comments

• nina9702nina9702 PEx Rookie ⭐
    The most important factor when applying for a tourist visa is to prove that you have every intentions of going back to the Philippines, and that you have enough funds to finance your stay.

The documents I attached to my application were:
    - birth certificate
    - bank statement
    - certificate of employment (which includes how much i'm making per month, and my approved leave). If you are a student, attach your certificate of enrolment
    - manager's check (Php 3,000)
    - filled out application (48R, I think)
    - passport sized picture

My sister also sent me an invitation letter, which I submitted with my application. I'm not sure if this is required, but we've always included the following documents when someone in the family is applying for a tourist visa for Australia:
    - invitation letter from my sister
    - family tree (to prove we're really related)
    - photos of me with my sister and her family (yeah, paranoid kami)
    - my sister's birth certificate
    - our parent's marriage certificate

Once you've compiled all your documents, make a photocopy of each. You would be submitting the original set and the photocopies. Call their hotline (long distance rate applies) to schedule for a pick up. You'd have to pay the courier (Air21/FedEx) Php350 for pick up and delivery. Your documents will be delivered back to you within 7 days.

Good luck on your application!
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Our family has applied for Australian visit visas four times now and we have never been denied (knock on wood).

I like the way the Australian government has made it easy and convenient for would-be tourists to apply. No lining up at the embassy for an appointment which is never on time. It's a little costly, though. I only wish they would give out longer term visas. Current visas are only good for a year, and since we visit Australia more or less yearly, every visa we get is only used once. :(
  • Thank you so much. I just wish makakuha kame ng visa. Any travel info about Australia? What are the must see places to visit? And the things that we should never fail to do. What's the best time to visit Australia? Thanks again.
    Depends on what you want to do or experience in Australia. Kung gusto mong iwasan ang init ng Manila, now's a good time to go kasi palamig na doon. Pumunta ko last December, summer nun. Minsan umaabot ng 34-38 during the day, pero ang maganda dun, pag gabi malamig. Minsan naman, mainit nga yung araw, pero yung hangin galing sa south malamig.

Kung mahilig ka sa tennis, punta ka ng January sa Melbourne for the Australian Open. Kung gusto mo naman maka experience ng Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras, go to Sydney on the first week of March kasi yung parade nila is held every first Saturday of March.
  • thanks. any info po about perth, australia?
  • sorry... andami ko na palang na-post... ambagal kase ng pc ko....
  • hi... may effect ba kapag na-deny ka tapos nag-reapply ko on the same year.... kase sabay kami nag-apply ng tita ko tapos sya lng un na-approve dahil im only 24 and according to the embassy i dont have sufficient funds to sustain my visit there...

any suggestions...

thanks...
  • hi... is ITR really needed when lodging your application or puedeng ung mga binanggit mo lng talaga... any tips po na maibibigay mo for me kase i was denied last sept... at nagpeprepare ulit ako ng mga docs para i-try ulit.... like how much fund is needed for me to assure them that i dont have any intentions of overstaying there.... and kung what reason wud i indicate in the application if i have a letter of invitation from a family friend... do i have to indicate na ang purpose of visit ko is only to tour around or any suggestion aside from this one...

thanks for the help...
    catzeye: I did not send them a copy of my ITR when I lodged my visa application. I sent them my certificate of employment, that states that I am currently employed with the company, that I have an approved leave for the trip to Melbourne and my monthly salary. I also submitted two credit card statements, as well as all of my bank statement.

I think it'd be okay if you just tell them you're there for a tour. Just tell them how long you intend to stay, and maybe where you'd go.

As for the funds.. I guess $2,000+ would be good?
  • nina9702 wrote: »
    catzeye: I did not send them a copy of my ITR when I lodged my visa application. I sent them my certificate of employment, that states that I am currently employed with the company, that I have an approved leave for the trip to Melbourne and my monthly salary. I also submitted two credit card statements, as well as all of my bank statement.

I think it'd be okay if you just tell them you're there for a tour. Just tell them how long you intend to stay, and maybe where you'd go.

As for the funds.. I guess $2,000+ would be good?

thanks for the help... i hope this wud work.... :p
  • hi guys,

any further comments on how hard it is to get a visitors visa? i am asking becuase i plan to invite my relatives and friends to visit me, i just heard last night that a batchmate of mine (who works for a big company, came from a top school, and i know has enough money in the bank) was surprisingly denied...
  • mine took 2 days lang.
  • Getting an Australian tourist visa is easy. Just fill in the application, attach the necessary documents, and send away. No appearance, just send everything via courier. Took me just over a week.
  • will having a US Visa increase one's chances of getting an Aussie visa?
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ if you can prove that you frequent the states. it will help :)
  • ang bilis nga, two days lang inabot. but 1 month lang visa naman
  • how did you guys like australia?

given the opportunity, would you uproot yourself and family to live there?
  • heymikeyheymikey PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    obiwan wrote: »
    how did you guys like australia?

given the opportunity, would you uproot yourself and family to live there?
    I just arrived in Brisbane on Saturday and will be staying here until the 2nd week of May. So far I'm liking it but I miss home. The humidity is quite annoying and it's somewhat breaking me out. Plus, some stuff seems quite expensive compared to Canada even taking into account the exchange rate. And the Australian accent sometimes is hard to understand although I'm sure I'll get used to it.
    Given the opportunity, I probably wouldn't uproot here.

As for the visa, I applied for an ETA online and it took only about 5 seconds to process although it's only for a select group of nationalities.
  • hey i remember you for when i visited the canada thread....yes brisbane sucks when its summer (which is now)...fortunately the rest of the year cools down....the weather becomes similar to southern california...

make sure to check the gold coast..

its funny that americans need a visa to go to oz but aussies dont need a visa to the US
  • heymikeyheymikey PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Yeah, I'll be checking out Surfers either this weekend or next weekend for sure.

As for the visa, yeah it sucks. But then again, with only AUD20 and you get a multiple entry visa for 1 year with stays up to 3 months at a time and no wait time, it's not that bad. It would be nice though if there wasn't a visa needed in the first place.