Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

How can you tell if a guy is GAY?!?!

For a time, i really really liked this guy inspite of the fact that almost everyone who i introduced him to thought he was gay. I dont think he really is gay coz he's been in a couple of relationships (with girls!) in the past, he used to like me and surprised me with flowers pa in the office...but on the other hand:

-he dresses really well most of the time and loves to shop
-i once had to meet him in a mall, and guess where i found him buying stuff? THE BODY SHOP! Then he was telling me on our way home that he couldnt wait to get home to try his the stuff that he bought...weird noh?
-he's vain....very vain. I read his write-up in his yearbook and it described him to be vain and kikay! Believe it or not he attached a mirror to the sunvisor of his car! A friend of mine saw his room and his cabinet was full of mirrors daw.
-he likes boy bands! *cringe*

A friend of mine told me yesterday that the ratio of women to men nowadays is 8:1...can u imagine that? The Male species are becoming scarce and to top it all off, most of the cute and nice men i meet or know are either, married, taken or gay. I am not homophobic and i have nothing against homosexuals. No pun intended.

I dont like this guy anymore but im really just curious...How can u tell if a guy is gay? What signs should i look out for?

Caramba, Vampeeh, Ira, Wicca and Zen: i can just see you girls laughing! :lol:

Comments

• a light bulb flashes when you mentioned all the stuff about him... i'm sorry, girl but he's as gay as gay can be :) i think he's just in denial. any guy who can dress really well and cares too much about his looks has got to be queer. He's a madonna-loving-shopaholic-britney-singing-loves-to-look-at-the-mirror-mel-gibson-loving-not-because-he-can-act-nsync-fanatica-can-talk-for-hours-eating-breton-crepes flaming homosexual :D i feel the same way that the decent, nice, smart, cool, funny and great looking men are either gay or taken...it's a fact of life nowadays :~(
  • I think that if a guy is too stiff and takes extra effort to be 'macho', then may tinatago siya. I've met such a guy, parang robot. But his skin is white and flawless, like I think he takes extra time to take care of it, and also the way he speak is parang 'too friendly'.

But then again, I could be wrong. I really want to know din eh.
  • The best way to know..is to introduce your friend to a gay friend (dearie, WE KNOW BEST!!!) :):D:D

But to be honest, i dont think you should even think of finding out, Besides Gay rule dictates that:
    Much as a gay man/woman knows whether another person is gay or otherwise, it is improper and highly unethical for him/her to scandalize, intrigue or create rumors regarding the other person. Furthermore, Outing a fellow gay is an offense that is deemed extremely unethical that can cause undue stress and life changes ot other persons. Speculation about a fellow human being's sexual orientation must be done in utmost confidence and discreetness, without malice and be done in good faith, humor or plain talk.

• Hindi mo talaga malalaman unless malaman mo ang sexual preference niya eh lalake.
  • Well, for the quesionable or doubtful = first, find yourself a gay friend, one you need not question or doubt his sexual preference, he should be nice enough to sniff the posers out.

This reminds me of co teacher in la salle , she fell for a co faculty that we warned her off... ayun, iniwan siya, harap harapan for another guy. She was catatonic for a while due to the experience, iniwan siya ng boyfriend for another guy!
  • Oooh, leprix. Please answer my question. It's off topic and I should create my topic for this na rin, but here goes.

I've just started to 'explore' that bi side of me and then I find out that this guy friend of mine is bisexual nga. When he found out I'm bi, he trusted me with his secret already. Now he texts me and tells me about this new guy that he's seeing. The problem is, I still feel awkward about the whole thing, but I want to support him pa rin. Ayoko lang na mawala yung trust niya sa akin. What should I do, leprix?
  • Originally posted by Akima
    Oooh, leprix. Please answer my question. It's off topic and I should create my topic for this na rin, but here goes.

I've just started to 'explore' that bi side of me and then I find out that this guy friend of mine is bisexual nga. When he found out I'm bi, he trusted me with his secret already. Now he texts me and tells me about this new guy that he's seeing. The problem is, I still feel awkward about the whole thing, but I want to support him pa rin. Ayoko lang na mawala yung trust niya sa akin. What should I do, leprix?

hmmm...you feel awkward kasi? may feelings ka ba sa kanya or you just feel awkward that he's seing a guy? In both cases, it's perfectly fine to feel awkward, as long as this doesn't mean na wala ka nang respeto sa friend mo. It kind of takes time for people to grasp the whole thing, includng me and you--so take your time eventually wala na rin yung awkwardnes
    Try telling him naman of your bi-side as well, tell him of girls you like or stuff or try discussing your sexuality with him--bonding baga. the point is, the whole issue is not about your/his sexuality. FRIENDSHIP nag dapat mogn pagtuunan ng pansin, irrelevant ang sexuality if the friendship is real.
    (pwede ring wag nyo nang i discuss yung topic na yun--change the subject ka na lang--me, i never discuss my lovelife/sex life with my friends na alam kong wont be able to take it--that way maayos ang lahat, i respect the friendship and that means that i have to respect the fact that they feel awkward with the topic..Ganun rin sila! These are my friends since college--mga 6-7 years na.) :):)
  • :lol:

When he's back is turned against you, intentionally drop a glass and make sure it falls hard. If he screams, he's GAY.

• actually most of my friends are gay magnets.

if your suspect gets attracted, kaboom.

i know this dahil most of the time we go out for booze, biglang lumulusob yung mga bading sa table namin!
  • i don't take it against them because of their gender preference, but it's so unfair to see good-looking guys drool over other good-looking guys!!!!

i actually have a recent crush who turned out to be gay, no actually i knew he's gay a friend introduced me to him and boy is he cute! it's my goal to turn him into a real man any suggestions?
  • Not because he dresses well means he's gay. about the Body Shop stuff, hard to say. He's had real relationships before but he probably swings both ways. To find a good guy is actually the same as looking for a good parking spot. Either they're taken or the closest one is disabled. :D
    Originally posted by bunny
    For a time, i really really liked this guy inspite of the fact that almost everyone who i introduced him to thought he was gay. I dont think he really is gay coz he's been in a couple of relationships (with girls!) in the past, he used to like me and surprised me with flowers pa in the office...but on the other hand:

-he dresses really well most of the time and loves to shop
    -i once had to meet him in a mall, and guess where i found him buying stuff? THE BODY SHOP! Then he was telling me on our way home that he couldnt wait to get home to try his the stuff that he bought...weird noh?
    -he's vain....very vain. I read his write-up in his yearbook and it described him to be vain and kikay! Believe it or not he attached a mirror to the sunvisor of his car! A friend of mine saw his room and his cabinet was full of mirrors daw.
    -he likes boy bands! *cringe*

A friend of mine told me yesterday that the ratio of women to men nowadays is 8:1...can u imagine that? The Male species are becoming scarce and to top it all off, most of the cute and nice men i meet or know are either, married, taken or gay. I am not homophobic and i have nothing against homosexuals. No pun intended.

I dont like this guy anymore but im really just curious...How can u tell if a guy is gay? What signs should i look out for?

Caramba, Vampeeh, Ira, Wicca and Zen: i can just see you girls laughing! :lol:

• uh body language?:|
    flame.gif
  • ei leprix..it seems ur capable of answering my question...i have this problem...one of my friends is somewhat...queer..i dunno...from the way he acts..he is defintely not hiding his sexuality...but to me..to us it still remains a mystery..kung ano ba sya talaga!...syempre..it doesnt matter kung ano sya cos friendship will still linger...kso lang syempre when topics like this came out...medyo awkward kme magtanong o magcomment...wala namang me guts magtanong kung ano ba sya talaga. it just saddens me kse we're a bit close compared to our other friends, im just waiting for him to make the initiative to tell me. is it proper for me to ask? if so, how should i ask in a most appropriate way? or should we not discuss about it?...eh hanggang kelan?

..and one more...my recent crush is somewhat gay..i dunno (again!)..sabi nila di naman DAW!.. he's a debater, a very eloquent speaker...and sobrang smart!...and the way i look at him...parang sobrang linis to be straight!(men are known to be pigs!).. sa gamit, sa kilos...makes me doubt!...i dunno kung sobrang well breed lang sya to act that way...ang pino eh...if he's just effeminate...di kya yon ang magtrigger to be bi or gay?...at nung tinuro ko sya sa friend ko na i was telling you kanina...para daw bading!...hmp!...and it takes one to know one!..then he takes it back...baka daw mamas boy lang!...grabe!..im utterly confused! help!...tnx in advance leprix! ope to hear from u!
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    Before anything else, :lol::lol::lol:

Okay, seriously...

Buns, lahat ng sinabi mo, hindi kasi sure-fire way of judging eh. I had a friend before who was SO gay with his actions and choices and stuff. But he's really not gay eh.

The only way to know for sure is for the guy to admit it. JMHO.
  • Originally posted by fishball
    ei leprix..it seems ur capable of answering my question...i have this problem...one of my friends is somewhat...queer..i dunno...from the way he acts..he is defintely not hiding his sexuality...but to me..to us it still remains a mystery..kung ano ba sya talaga!...syempre..it doesnt matter kung ano sya cos friendship will still linger...kso lang syempre when topics like this came out...medyo awkward kme magtanong o magcomment...wala namang me guts magtanong kung ano ba sya talaga. it just saddens me kse we're a bit close compared to our other friends, im just waiting for him to make the initiative to tell me. is it proper for me to ask? if so, how should i ask in a most appropriate way? or should we not discuss about it?...eh hanggang kelan?

..and one more...my recent crush is somewhat gay..i dunno (again!)..sabi nila di naman DAW!.. he's a debater, a very eloquent speaker...and sobrang smart!...and the way i look at him...parang sobrang linis to be straight!(men are known to be pigs!).. sa gamit, sa kilos...makes me doubt!...i dunno kung sobrang well breed lang sya to act that way...ang pino eh...if he's just effeminate...di kya yon ang magtrigger to be bi or gay?...at nung tinuro ko sya sa friend ko na i was telling you kanina...para daw bading!...hmp!...and it takes one to know one!..then he takes it back...baka daw mamas boy lang!...grabe!..im utterly confused! help!...tnx in advance leprix! ope to hear from u!

ok isa isa lang po :D the way to know if a person is gay is for the person to admit it.however mahirap din mangyari ito sa iba so tama ka dun, it take one to know one kaso kung pareho silang pa-mhin ey tapos ka na so.. i suggest tanong mo yung crush mo, diretsahin mo di ba? di mo kaya? e di pakita mo sa bading na out na. e yung friend mo pinaghihinalaan nyo pa lang
    eto pa isang trick, manood kayo ng blue film (x rated na pang bading) pag uncomfortable yung guy--yun na! hehehe :)
    Dun sa frend mo, tanong mo muna sarili mo bakit kailangan mong malaman--would that mean that you will be able to bond with him more if you knew? basically you have to know why you have to know, ok then when you ask him you tell himyour reasons for your questions :)
    It's quite unethical to ask anothetr person about his preference but it can be done tactfully and under the most fair and of good faith of reasons...when you ask make him feel that this is done out of friendship. Take this note: Kung di nyo kayang tanungin then do u think your friendship is enough to carry through such a difficult issue? :):)
  • Hey leprix, thanks for your advice.

For my part kasi, I get attracted to really gorgeous women and sometimes I realize I'm staring at them na pala. It could mean something else, but I'm trying right now if I have the tendencies, like if I kiss another girl, but I'm not sure yet.

As for my bi friend, alam ko lang na I have to be sensitive with him as a friend. I don't want to break his trust when he realize that we're not on the same boat pala.

I just want to let him know that I'm with him all the way.
  • mali naman iniisip ninyo eh!
    dont you know na karamihan sa lalake ay malinis sa katawan. kung maputi ang isang guy at malinis, hindi naman ibig sabihin ay gay siya. baket gusto ninyo ba lahat ng lalake eh madumi at negro?
    minsan nga din mahilig sa boybands ang guy pero music lang ang gusto nila tsaka minsan ako rin iniimagine ko na someday i will be sikat gaya nila? diba?
    yung mga gay talaga eh yung sumasali sa thalia thaliada na gusto na nilang maging babae.
    mas marami actually ang bisexual karamihan teenagers pero nawawala rin.
  • :) If they act like those people in Le Cage aux folles then you know, and also when they take a sneak peak at a man's crotch like women do, when he is describing his crush or the love of his life and he uses the male pronoun unconsciously, when he touches you, a man, up when he is drunk then you really better run or not if you suddenly realise that you are gay too......
  • People say that if a guy is so "malamya" kung kumilos, then he's a homo. But there's a rare case I've notcied, that despite of this "malamya" action his heart still belongs to MASCULINITY.
  • [/b] LED and Expat [/b]
    :rolleyes: dami nyo pa dapat malaman *sigh*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file