Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - Female Celebrities
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Snooky Serna 1 : Great Actress Of Her Time!!!

hollywood_03hollywood_03 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
I'm just wondering why an artist like her doesn't have her own thread, she's a wonderful actress and she also has her own career in her heydays with Maricel & Sharon. It's time to recognize such a Great actress, par excellance. She won 3 acting awards already, 1 Best Actress for Famas in "Koronang Itim, 1 Best Supporting Actress in Star Awards and 1 Best Actress in Star Awards for TV in "Habang Kapiling Ka".

Please join me here - all Snooky Fanatics!!!!! :cheers: :wave:

Comments

• hollywood_03hollywood_03 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Please post pictures, film posters etc.... thanks!
    :wave: hello! :wave: hi :hiya:
    wala bang fans si Kookie!>? :lol::D :glee:
    eniweys... try to post some articles about her nxt tym! *okay*
  • Judith QuinteroJudith Quintero Member PExer
    Cooky also won best actress in the Cebu Mass Media Awards in 1994 for Premier Productions' "Koronang Itim". Unfortunately, the news didnt reach Metro Manila, however,Sun Star Cebu covered the event.

Noteworthy performance of Cooky is VH Films' "Kapag Napagod ang Puso" (1988) opposite Boyet de Leon. Here Cooky displayed a whole gamut of emotions as she transforms into a a fragile young woman into a physically-abused wife.Her winsome potrayal merited several acting nominations.
    Cooky also won best actress in the Cebu Mass Media Awards in 1994 for Premier Productions' "Koronang Itim". Unfortunately, the news didnt reach Metro Manila, however,Sun Star Cebu covered the event.

Noteworthy performance of Cooky is VH Films' "Kapag Napagod ang Puso" (1988) opposite Boyet de Leon. Here Cooky displayed a whole gamut of emotions as she transforms into a a fragile young woman into a physically-abused wife.Her winsome potrayal merited several acting nominations.

hello po ms. Quintero, welcome here! :wave:
    yeah, i remember that movie. asar pa nga ako sa kanya there kc ang aanga-anga sya don sa "Kapag Napagod ang Puso!" :glee:
    her most memorable film is "Blusang Itim", with Richard Gomez, produced by Seiko Films! *okay*
    but my fave is "Rosa Mistica" multiple characters sya don, eh! :wave: byers..............:wink:
  • Judith QuinteroJudith Quintero Member PExer
    "Blusang Itim" is a komiks material which was really intended for Alma Moreno. Kaya lang negotiations didnt materialize for Ness kasi during the 80s ay semi-retired as the darling domestic of Dolphy.

The movie spelled success for Snooky because she was able to stage a comeback (she went on a year-long hiatus after "Lilac" failed to make money) and find a new screen partner in Richard Gomez (after Albert Martinez eloped with Leizl in the USA).

This movie is a potboiler.
  • fcuk_youfcuk_you Member PExer
    me. isama nyo ako as fan of Snooky, okay.
  • fcuk_youfcuk_you Member PExer
    visit me na lang pag may time..:wave: aalis na ako.
    Underage = the original with Dina Bonnevie & Maricel Soriano, a cool movie..*okay*
    uppers lang po! :wave:
    :wave: bye......................:wink:
    2007 04:13 PM Sunday Article read 1,720 time(s)

‘Curse’ on ‘Underage’ girls?

By: Mario E. Bautista

FREEHAND

WHAT can Aiko Melendez say about the breakup of her friend Ruffa Gutierrez’s marriage to Yilmaz Bektas?

“You know, ngayong hiwalay na rin si Ruffa, I just realized lahat kaming ‘Underage’ girls, hiwalay na,” she says. “Sa first batch, puro rin sila hiwalay (Dina Bonnevie, Maricel Soriano, Snooky Serna), and now, ‘yung batch namin. Una si Carmina (Villarroel), then ako, and now, Ruffa. I don’t know kung sumpa ‘yan or nagkataon lang, but I’m praying Ruffa will be able to weather this crisis in her life. I texted her and said: ‘I know you’re going thru rough times. But I know you’re a strong person and you’ll get by. If you need anything, I am just here for you.’ Then she texted me back: ‘Thanks. I wish you’re here to hug me. I need a hug from a friend. I know you’re busy now, so let’s just get together after the election.’”

The three of them will now be ideal to play the leads in “Desperate Housewives.” “You know, I’m really raring to act again, lalo ngayon pumayat na uli ako after my sessions with Marie France. My last movie was ‘Filipinas’ pa, four years ago. After I got pregnant with my second child, akala yata nila hindi na ako puwede so I want to announce I’m available to act again.”

How’s her marriage to Martin Jickaine? “I’m very happy with him. Mabait talaga si Martin and I’m glad pinaglaban ko ang relationship namin at the time na maraming kumakalaban. He’s very caring and I realize mahal talaga ako ng lalaking ito, kaya mas minahal ko rin siya. Our girl, Marthina, is nine months old. My eldest naman, Andre, is now studying at the Ateneo.”

She’s running for reelection at the 2nd district of Quezon City. What are her best accomplishments during her first two terms? “Marami. I became the voice of the women in our district. I was able to start livelihood programs for poor housewives, like making fans for export and putting up carts where they sell fishballs and other items. For senior citizens, I have this botika sa barangay for cheaper medicines. For the film industry, I co-authored the ordinance asking to lessen the amusement tax for movies and Mayor Sonny Belmonte approved it so there’s now zero tax for local films in Quezon City.”

What can she say about ex-hubby Jomari Yllana’s relationship with Pops Fernandez? “I wish Jom nothing but the best. Happy na ako with Martin so sana, maging happy rin siya.”

People's Journal
    All Be Damned Hahamakin Ang Lahat

Quantity in Basket: None
    Code: dvd-10119
    Price: $14.99

allbedamned_b.jpg

Quantity:

Starring:
    Vilma Santos, Gabby Concepcion, Eric Quizon, Snooky Serna, Dennis Roldan Synopsis:

All be Damned (Hahamakin ang Lahat) tells the story of two completely different couple whose nostalgia for their past waeves for them in the present a web of deceit and conspiracy. A poor and struggling couple, Renato's and Teresa's marriage and love are challenged by a series of unfortunate events-- from miscarriages, eviction from their apartment, and the failure of their business. Lucinda and Gerard, on the other hand, gave up everything, including their love and respect for one another, just to weild the power and riches they now share.

Lucinda (Vilma Santos) decides to help her cousin Teresa (Snooky Serna) and her ex-boyfriend Renato (Gabby Concepcion) get up on their feet. However, her intentions are not noble, Until now, she has not learned to love anyone but Renato whom she left in order to pursue her personal ambitions. Gerarld (Eric Quizon), on the other hand, falls for the sweet and naive Teresa. Separately, Gerald and Lucinda abuse Renato's and Teresa's vulnerabilities and find means of conducting extramarital affairs with them. While Gerard's affair with Teresa is momentary, Lucinda becomes obsessed with Renato and plots a scheming and vicious plan to get him back.

Unfortunately, Rento's love for Teresa is steadfast. Realizing this, Lucinda searches for the kindness in her and does everything she can do to bring Renato's life back. For a woman who would do anything just to get her way, will she suceed this time?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file