COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

PETITION: Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? on ABS-CBN

jaynormousjaynormous wag kang bibitiw PExer
ABS get the franchise for this show now. this show is on the FOX network here in the United States. it's a game show with host, comedian Jeff Foxworthy, wherein a contestant attempts to win 1million$ by working their way through 10 categories from questions from different subjects from the 1st grade all the way through the 5th grade. there's a group of 5th graders that can either help or beat the contestant. its a very entertaining game show.

it can go up against All-Star K or make it back to back with Goin' Bulilit. or put it on Saturday as well against Pinoy Pop Superstar.

for the hosts my choices are:

Willie Revillame
Luis Manzano
Roderick Paulate

and Ryan Agoncillo would be interesting to see as a host for this also.

Comments

• sugarplumfairysugarplumfairy Twilight Fanatic PExer
    ^^ i watched a few episodes of this show. it's very entertaining and funny. i remember that UCLA guy who did not know what R.E.M. means and that lady who was really thinking hard what were the pronouns in a given sentence. :lol:

it's shown right after AI i think. i think it also has such high ratings. while jeff foxworthy is an ok host the ones that i really like her are the fifth graders. they are all so lovable. my fave is spencer. so cute!
  • jaynormousjaynormous wag kang bibitiw PExer
    ^^ i watched a few episodes of this show. it's very entertaining and funny. i remember that UCLA guy who did not know what R.E.M. means and that lady who was really thinking hard what were the pronouns in a given sentence. :lol:

it's shown right after AI i think. i think it also has such high ratings. while jeff foxworthy is an ok host the ones that i really like her are the fifth graders. they are all so lovable. my fave is spencer. so cute!

its giving Ugly Betty a run for its money. its on regular nights Thursdays at 8 now.
  • simpledreamssimpledreams Chill out Freckles McGee! PExer
    i liked the show when it first came out, but when i kept watching it, i got turned off by many things.

jeff foxworthy? a comedian? hardly. he tries too hard, and he annoys me. why the heck he was chose to host this kind of show is beyond me. :yuck:

the questions are culturally biased. WTF in grade school knows what REM stands for? i didnt even know what REM stood for until i was in my psychology class. and of course the little kids know, they're actors! which brings me to the third reason as to why i dislike the show, it's rigged! they need to have kids who are normal.

the show has a good premise, but it all seems rigged. the ratings will go down; with foxworthy as a trying-hard lackluster host and with culturally biased questions, i don't think the show will last long.
    i liked the show when it first came out, but when i kept watching it, i got turned off by many things.

jeff foxworthy? a comedian? hardly. he tries too hard, and he annoys me. why the heck he was chose to host this kind of show is beyond me. :yuck:

the questions are culturally biased. WTF in grade school knows what REM stands for? i didnt even know what REM stood for until i was in my psychology class. and of course the little kids know, they're actors! which brings me to the third reason as to why i dislike the show, it's rigged! they need to have kids who are normal.

the show has a good premise, but it all seems rigged. the ratings will go down; with foxworthy as a trying-hard lackluster host and with culturally biased questions, i don't think the show will last long.

eh. i guess so. of course change it a bit to be more apt for filipino viewers. but im kindof a redneck so jeff foxworthy is acceptable to me. and i find the shows humor pretty interesting. as does Middle America i guess, which is probably where most of their viewrs come from. all the hicktowns and stuff.
    rednecks. as if they know the answers to half of the questions. :lol: yea, jeff foxworthy is like country guy. no wonder. :rolleyes: he really wouldnt be appealing to the urban masses.

it's funny; the contestants are funny. i like the idea; its just the presentation that kills me.
  • sugarplumfairysugarplumfairy Twilight Fanatic PExer
    i think GMA got this one already. there is a teaser about this one shown sa GMA and QTV. :)
    i think GMA got this one already. there is a teaser about this one shown sa GMA and QTV. :)

wow... really? will it be hosted by the Tok Tok Tok host?
  • commentatorcommentator Banned by Admin PExer
    jaynormous wrote: »
    ABS get the franchise for this show now. this show is on the FOX network here in the United States. it's a game show with host, comedian Jeff Foxworthy, wherein a contestant attempts to win 1million$ by working their way through 10 categories from questions from different subjects from the 1st grade all the way through the 5th grade. there's a group of 5th graders that can either help or beat the contestant. its a very entertaining game show.

it can go up against All-Star K or make it back to back with Goin' Bulilit. or put it on Saturday as well against Pinoy Pop Superstar.

for the hosts my choices are:

Willie Revillame
    Luis Manzano
    Roderick Paulate

and Ryan Agoncillo would be interesting to see as a host for this also.

As usual late na naman ang poster na ito sa balita. Kasi naman wish niya lang ay 2000 na naman.

Sayang namana ng show na ito kung mga laos na artista ang magiging host ng isang ito.

Face it this ain't 2000, its 2007 and ABS-CBN is a money loosing second rate station.
  • 0hS0Delici0uzO80hS0Delici0uzO8 Bann3d by Adm!n PExer
    COMMENTATOR>.ARE YOU Stupid? Nakita mo April pa ito...ngayon lang napost ang balita about GMA getting this show...IDIOTIC...dati bilib ako sayo kasi kaya mong makiaway...ngayon WALA NA...napakatan..ga mo
  • commentatorcommentator Banned by Admin PExer
    COMMENTATOR>.ARE YOU Stupid? Nakita mo April pa ito...ngayon lang napost ang balita about GMA getting this show...IDIOTIC...dati bilib ako sayo kasi kaya mong makiaway...ngayon WALA NA...napakatan..ga mo

It does not mean na kung ngayon lang nakita, ngayong lang nakuha.:rolleyes:
  • 0hS0Delici0uzO80hS0Delici0uzO8 Bann3d by Adm!n PExer
    Pero ang sinasabi mo..HULI LAGI si JAY sa BALITa....paano malalaman nung TS ang balita kung confidential pa? eh ang daming tao nga dito ang ngayon lang alam...eh ikaw? ALAM MO NA BA YUN BEFORE APRIL? PALUSOT ka naman..iyut ka
  • chismosochismoso #ThankYouForTheLove PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ***** nga yata yan si commentator heheh...peace
  • jpmarkcarlojpmarkcarlo Coach Chualay Lugay PExer
    hayyy naku huli na kayo mga copymilyuck, GMA 7 na nakabili nito well ah alam kong mukhang FRANCHISE 'to, kayo naman eh sagad-sagaran na kayo sa FRANCHISE SHOWS!!!!

peace tayo!!!!
  • GalvanticSSTGalvanticSST Banned by Admin PExer
    si Wilma Galvante talaga, kinakain ang mga lumalabas sa kanyang matabil na dila.

:)
  • BOOGIECATBOOGIECAT Banned by Admin PExer
    Yung original version ang nakuha nila..Too bad hindi ok sa canned shows ang QTV 11..
    BOOGIECAT wrote: »
    Yung original version ang nakuha nila..Too bad hindi ok sa canned shows ang QTV 11..

so its not a filipino version then... what happened to QTV? 5th grader isnt really intended for vaginas? i thought QTV was supposed to be for vaginas. why are then now getting shows like what S23 and ABC 5 has?
  • aaronKwokaaronKwok englishero! PExer
    Deal or No Deal vs 5th Grader daw....
    aaronKwok wrote: »
    Deal or No Deal vs 5th Grader daw....

that would be a good match up. but i think it will be really hard for philippines to do 5th grader. has there been other 5th grader from other countries? (that are not english-speaking - so not US, not Australia, and not UK)
    ^siguro hindi pa, mga spring/summer 2007 pa kasi yung 5th grader. first season pa nga.
  • GalvanticSSTGalvanticSST Banned by Admin PExer
    akala ko ba sabi ng reyna ng mapanira hindi sila kukuha ng franchise show?

si Wilma Galvante talaga, kinakain ang mga lumalabas sa kanyang matabil na dila.

:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file